Christian Pipe Smokers
  Login or Register
Links
Site
· Home
· RSS Feed
· Contact Mods
· Contact Admins
Community
· Forums
Members List
Private Messages
· Donate
Account
· Your Account
· Edit Profile

Search CPS


 
Christian Pipe Smokers :: View topic - Jews in the News

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
jo533281
like R2D2, just not as cool
like R2D2, just not as cool


Joined: Feb 06, 2011
Posts: 3115
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
McCain decries 'daylight' between Israel, US over Iran

Quote:
Just hours after meeting Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said Tuesday there was "daylight" and "tension" between Jerusalem and Washington over the Iranian issue.

"There should be no daylight between America and Israel in our assessment of the [Iranian] threat," McCain said at a Jerusalem press conference. "Unfortunately there clearly is some."...

McCain's comments came just two days after Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a CNN interview it would not be prudent for Israel to attack Iran at this point. He also said that Iran was a "rational" actor.

McCain took strong issue with Dempsey's appraisal of Iran as rational...

His colleague Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was even blunter in his criticism of Dempsey.

"I admire General Dempsey," he said. "But I don't think it is helpful to say that Iran is a rational actor given their behavior." Anyone who denies the Holocaust, as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has done, and plotted to kill the Saudi Arabian ambassador in Washington should not be considered rational, he said.

In reference to a spate of reports claiming that Washington was pressing Israel not to take action against Iran now, Graham said, "People are giving Israel a lot of advice here lately form America. I just want to tell our Israeli friends that my advice to you is never lose control of your destiny. Never allow a situation to develop that would destroy the Jewish state."

Graham referred to the current impasse with Iran as a "never again" moment...

McCain said that Israel "probably is most capable at determining what the threats are to its national security," and that it was "unfortunate" for the US to try to convince Jerusalem otherwise.


Dear Jesus,

If the Middle East disappeared tomorrow (including Israel), nobody would miss it...

I tire of the shenanigans of Israel, Iran and the U.S. I'd make more comments, but I feel I'd be digging a bigger hole that at some point I'd want to crawl out of.

_________________
"This is not facebook, we are not here to boost your self esteem or hang on your every word." -Zed-

"It's all right, Andy! It's just bolognaise!"

Most Likely to Draw Pirates with a Post
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Quote:
Iran’s efforts to hide its nuclear facilities and to deceive the West about its activities have also intensified doubts. But some American analysts warn that such behavior is not necessarily proof of a weapons program. They say that one mistake the C.I.A. made before the war in Iraq was to assume that because Saddam Hussein resisted weapons inspections — acting as if he were hiding something — it meant that he had a weapons program.

As Mr. Kay explained, “The amount of evidence that you were willing to go with in 2002 is not the same evidence you are willing to accept today.”

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty
Minister of the Gideons
Minister of the Gideons


Joined: May 02, 2008
Posts: 17441
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Quote:
Iran’s efforts to hide its nuclear facilities and to deceive the West about its activities have also intensified doubts. But some American analysts warn that such behavior is not necessarily proof of a weapons program. They say that one mistake the C.I.A. made before the war in Iraq was to assume that because Saddam Hussein resisted weapons inspections — acting as if he were hiding something — it meant that he had a weapons program.

As Mr. Kay explained, “The amount of evidence that you were willing to go with in 2002 is not the same evidence you are willing to accept today.”


That's a very shallow memory of history. Many nations and people wondered why the US invaded in 2003. However, as I've already commented there is a lot more history than just 2002-2003.
http://christianpipesmokers.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

jo533281 wrote:
If the Middle East disappeared tomorrow (including Israel), nobody would miss it...


That's not true at all. Many nations, among them the US, have a vital interest in stability and peace in the middle east. Three of the top 15 countries supplying the US with oil are in the middle east. You would immediately be plunged into a dire shortage if they were gone.. to the tune of a deficit approximating 1.8M barrels per day!
ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

_________________
Adam was a sloth and a moron. ~ Del
Adam was a Hermaphrodite. ~ ElgarAlienPooh
We are insane. ~ Del
View user's profile Send private message
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
Attacking Iran’s nuke sites may only slow progress

Quote:
“We could certainly bomb the place, but we don’t know where everything is with any kind of certainty,” added Gen. Cartwright, who retired as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in August...

An Israeli attack likely would occur at night with little warning to the U.S. and sometime after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak visit Washington next week, Mr. Eliam said. “You might just wake up two months or a few weeks from now and hear that Israel has attacked Iran.”...

Reza Marashi, director of research for the National Iranian American Council, said Gen. Cartwright’s comments join a chorus of high-ranking former and current military officials who have come out recently against a military strike on Iran.

Mr. Marashi said he believes they are laying the groundwork for Mr. Obama to push back against Israel. “It’s not a coincidence that they’re all saying the same thing at the same time,” said Mr. Marashi, a former State Department official.

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer


Joined: Jan 25, 2010
Posts: 15718
Location: Kilmarnock, VA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All I can ever think of when this thread pops up is:

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race

We're Jews out in space
If trouble appears
we put it right back in its place

When goyim attack us
We give 'em a smack
we'll slap them right back in the face

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race


Mel Brooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

_________________
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rusty
Minister of the Gideons
Minister of the Gideons


Joined: May 02, 2008
Posts: 17441
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fisherofpipes wrote:
All I can ever think of when this thread pops up is:

[i][b]We're Jews out in space...


Wos is our dispassionate, neutral, calm, analyst on the middle east. I think from his interest in Israel that he has probably applied to one or more of their 'Friend of Israel' groups. Of course he may also be trying to become an Eagle driver in their Air Force... it's hard to tell. Maybe he'll tell us?

_________________
Adam was a sloth and a moron. ~ Del
Adam was a Hermaphrodite. ~ ElgarAlienPooh
We are insane. ~ Del
View user's profile Send private message
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
Will Bibi break Obama?

Quote:
Netanyahu is coming to Washington, the Journal writers add, to demand that Obama spell out the "red lines" Iran will not be allowed to cross without triggering a U.S. attack.

What Netanyahu wants is a U.S. ultimatum to Iran.

White House sources say that when Obama meets Netanyahu Tuesday, he will reject the prime minister's demands...

Three dozen senators have signed on to a resolution declaring it a U.S. "vital national interest" that Iran not possess even a "nuclear weapons capability."

S.R. 380 reads like a resolution crafted as a casus belli, a cause for war...

The resolution demands that Iran halt all uranium production and end its ballistic missile program, and declares "unacceptable" any U.S. policy of containment of an Iran that is capable of building a bomb, even if Iran has decided not to build a bomb.

Containment succeeded with a Soviet Empire with 10,000 nuclear weapons, but is apparently inadequate for dealing with an Iran that has no atom bombs, only the potential to build one.

S.R. 380 points directly toward a U.S. war on Iran.

Who wants that war? Netanyahu, his government, and his allies in U.S. politics and the press, and in a Congress that gave him 29 standing ovations the last time he spoke there.

Who does not want a war?

The White House, the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs, the intelligence community, the antiwar left and Old Right, and millions of Americans who believe a U.S. war on Iran could ignite a sectarian and regional war that could prove catastrophic for the Middle East, the world economy and the United States of America.

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
Israel’s Channel 2: U.S. Officials Believe Netanyahu Has Already Decided to Strike Iran

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty
Minister of the Gideons
Minister of the Gideons


Joined: May 02, 2008
Posts: 17441
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The comparison of Iran and nuclear containment with the Soviet U*ion is interesting. It's clear historically that the Soviet U*ion was not willing to risk national annihilation and that makes it quite different than Nazi Germany whose leaders did pull it down in annihilation. The west learned a hard lesson with Nazi Germany. Once you give in and give them any other nation you're basically on the way to war. Trading somebody else's nation for peace doesn't work. This lesson is behind a lot of police action in the world that keeps US forces busy. It's far less expensive to go in early.

But is Iran rational? Can the US and other Gov's in the region trust a nuclear Iran? No. Ahmadinejad has said enough for Iran to be treated as mortal danger to Israel.

If they act on their enmity of Israel then they're not rational and the US would also be dragged into a nuclear confrontation. That is the problem. If you simply let them have Israel then you've got a nuclear exchange in middle east. Israel is not going to trust anyone else with their national survival and they have nukes. Neither do they think that Iran is rational. That much is abundantly clear. The middle east is in severe trouble at that point and America is in deep trouble too. So eventually you have to see that if you fail then Israel will go in out of self-defence. It won't be a nuclear exchange; Israel will not wait that long. It's a national survival issue for Israel. The precedent is clear from the example of Iraq too.

So can you 'talk' and motivate Iran out of a nuclear weapon program before Israel decides to act?

In light of this it should be clear what Obama means by 'window'.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/world/middleeast/obama-cites-window-for-diplomacy-on-iran-bomb.html

_________________
Adam was a sloth and a moron. ~ Del
Adam was a Hermaphrodite. ~ ElgarAlienPooh
We are insane. ~ Del
View user's profile Send private message
jo533281
like R2D2, just not as cool
like R2D2, just not as cool


Joined: Feb 06, 2011
Posts: 3115
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rusty wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Quote:
Iran’s efforts to hide its nuclear facilities and to deceive the West about its activities have also intensified doubts. But some American analysts warn that such behavior is not necessarily proof of a weapons program. They say that one mistake the C.I.A. made before the war in Iraq was to assume that because Saddam Hussein resisted weapons inspections — acting as if he were hiding something — it meant that he had a weapons program.

As Mr. Kay explained, “The amount of evidence that you were willing to go with in 2002 is not the same evidence you are willing to accept today.”


That's a very shallow memory of history. Many nations and people wondered why the US invaded in 2003. However, as I've already commented there is a lot more history than just 2002-2003.
http://christianpipesmokers.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

jo533281 wrote:
If the Middle East disappeared tomorrow (including Israel), nobody would miss it...


That's not true at all. Many nations, among them the US, have a vital interest in stability and peace in the middle east. Three of the top 15 countries supplying the US with oil are in the middle east. You would immediately be plunged into a dire shortage if they were gone.. to the tune of a deficit approximating 1.8M barrels per day!
ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html


Nope. I ride a bike/walk. Alot. Laughing

_________________
"This is not facebook, we are not here to boost your self esteem or hang on your every word." -Zed-

"It's all right, Andy! It's just bolognaise!"

Most Likely to Draw Pirates with a Post
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rusty
Minister of the Gideons
Minister of the Gideons


Joined: May 02, 2008
Posts: 17441
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jo533281 wrote:
Rusty wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Quote:
Iran’s efforts to hide its nuclear facilities and to deceive the West about its activities have also intensified doubts. But some American analysts warn that such behavior is not necessarily proof of a weapons program. They say that one mistake the C.I.A. made before the war in Iraq was to assume that because Saddam Hussein resisted weapons inspections — acting as if he were hiding something — it meant that he had a weapons program.

As Mr. Kay explained, “The amount of evidence that you were willing to go with in 2002 is not the same evidence you are willing to accept today.”


That's a very shallow memory of history. Many nations and people wondered why the US invaded in 2003. However, as I've already commented there is a lot more history than just 2002-2003.
http://christianpipesmokers.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

jo533281 wrote:
If the Middle East disappeared tomorrow (including Israel), nobody would miss it...


That's not true at all. Many nations, among them the US, have a vital interest in stability and peace in the middle east. Three of the top 15 countries supplying the US with oil are in the middle east. You would immediately be plunged into a dire shortage if they were gone.. to the tune of a deficit approximating 1.8M barrels per day!
ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html


Nope. I ride a bike/walk. Alot. Laughing


This is good. And of course neither heating nor cooling is required in Location Location Location.

_________________
Adam was a sloth and a moron. ~ Del
Adam was a Hermaphrodite. ~ ElgarAlienPooh
We are insane. ~ Del
View user's profile Send private message
fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer


Joined: Jan 25, 2010
Posts: 15718
Location: Kilmarnock, VA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fisherofpipes wrote:
All I can ever think of when this thread pops up is:

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race

We're Jews out in space
If trouble appears
we put it right back in its place

When goyim attack us
We give 'em a smack
we'll slap them right back in the face

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race


Mel Brooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo


Sorry, couldn't help it. BAD FoP, BAD!

_________________
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gaining_age
What's-his-name
What's-his-name


Joined: Mar 17, 2010
Posts: 12061
Location: sun soaked Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

fisherofpipes wrote:
fisherofpipes wrote:
All I can ever think of when this thread pops up is:

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race

We're Jews out in space
If trouble appears
we put it right back in its place

When goyim attack us
We give 'em a smack
we'll slap them right back in the face

We're Jews out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the Hebrew race


Mel Brooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo


Sorry, couldn't help it. BAD FoP, BAD!


You're not the only one.

_________________
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning
View user's profile Send private message
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
AP: Iran may be cleaning up nuke work

Quote:
Satellite images of an Iranian military facility show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating that crews were trying to clean it of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

Two of the diplomats said the crews may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small neutron device used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator at the Parchin site could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms...

The IAEA has already identified the Parchin military site as the location of suspected nuclear weapons-related testing. In a November report, it said it appeared to be the site of experiments with conventional high explosives meant to initiate a nuclear chain reaction.

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?


Joined: Feb 26, 2008
Posts: 13145
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

+JMJ+
American public opposes Israel striking Iran: poll

Quote:
Only one in four Americans favors Israel conducting a military strike against Iran's nuclear program, finds a new University of Maryland poll. Nearly seven in ten (69 percent) favor the United States and other major powers continuing to pursue negotiations with Iran, a position supported by majorities of Republicans (58 percent), Democrats (79 percent) and Independents (67 percent)...

If Israel goes ahead with a military strike against Iran's nuclear program and Iran retaliates - but not against American targets - only 25 percent favor the United States providing military forces should Israel request them (though support is a bit higher among Republicans at 41 percent). Another 14 percent favors the United States providing diplomatic support only.

The most popular position is for the United States to take a neutral stance, which is supported by 49 percent. This figure includes 27 percent who would also favor active efforts to end the hostilities and 22 percent who think the United States should simply not get involved.

_________________
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters,
all the rest © 2002-2037 by Christian Pipe Smokers



Page Generation: 0.39 Seconds