What was your last tobacco purchase?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
SFC
Usher
Usher

Post by SFC » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:25 am

A week ago I picked up 10 tins of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut, three days ago I ordered 10 tins of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake from Germany, today I received 12 tins of Nording Hunter's Blend Pointer as it iis being discontinued and now after inventory I'm low on Mac Baren Club Blend. It never ends

For those who do not know me, I'm a disabled Veteran who has not worked in seven years now and I'm usually awake 24 to 40 hours at a time and have a pipe hanging out of the northwest corner of my mouth every minute of the day/night. I have only been smoking a pipe for 40 years and this is the first time I really have had a chance to enjoy it to it's fullest :D

SFC

Art_A
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Art_A » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:41 am

I just placed an order today:

5lbs McClelland 5100
5lbs Lane RLP-6
6 tins McClelland Perique
6 tins McClelland Latakia
6 tins McClelland Oriental
6 tins old ironsides
6 tins 1792
6 tins each of the Frog Mortons
2 tins Sweet Vanilla Honeydew Flake
2 tins Orliks Dark Strong Kentucky
1 tin Mac Baren Vanilla Cream
2 tins F&T Blackjack

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:22 am

Wow Art_A! That's quite a shopping cart! My wife woud pass out if a box of tobacco like that showed up at the house! Congratulations, I'm sure your thrilled, just don't look at the bill whatever you do :)

Many blessings, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

Art_A
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Art_A » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:16 am

tonymccallie wrote:Wow Art_A! That's quite a shopping cart! My wife woud pass out if a box of tobacco like that showed up at the house! Congratulations, I'm sure your thrilled, just don't look at the bill whatever you do :)

Many blessings, Tony
well I have no wife, am almost 64 years old (Birthday is next month) and I have a pipe in my mouth 99% of my waking hours. the 5100 I use in my daily smoke which is a personal blend.. The RLP-6 I smoke when I go public the rest is for the celler except the 2 tins F&T Blackjack which is a new baccy for me. Total order was $ 618.65 (my Christmas present to me)

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:10 pm

You guys can really take the fun out of my ounce here - tin there purchases!! One of these days I hopefully will be able to enjoy more than 5 or 6 bowls a week.
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

SFC
Usher
Usher

Post by SFC » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:44 am

Art your supply list looks similar to mine, in fact I just made another order of 10 tins of Diamond Crown Kentucky Nougat. Stocking up for the winter :D

SFC

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:27 am

sguthrie wrote:You guys can really take the fun out of my ounce here - tin there purchases!! One of these days I hopefully will be able to enjoy more than 5 or 6 bowls a week.
Don't worry sguthrie, I can't anything, I only do 3-4 bowls a week. As a general rule, I don't smoke two days in a row. In fact, I broke that rule last week and paid dearly for it. I had som Barbary Coast on Wed Night and Renessiance on Thurs night. Friday morn, I could have sworn someone had put my toungut through a meat grinder. My :coffee: that morning? :eek2:

Hmm :coffee: sounds good this morning....
Blessings all, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

FredSmoke
Congregation
Congregation

Post by FredSmoke » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:30 am

Normally I have one bowl per day, sometimes miss a day or two - but since I have been off work sveral days through the holidays, I have been smoking a couple bowls a day - mostly VA blends. I do have to say I have been quite aware that there is a tongue in my mouth - something one usually does not give much thought to. :bite:

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:29 pm

WOW Art. it would take me 10 years to smoke all that! i don't smoke very often...my wife doesn't like it much, and i don't seem to have the time...but wow...i think if a box like that showed up at my house, i would die from the shock :) have fun smoking it!
mike

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:39 pm

incidentally, and i know i harp on this, but i have a point, count your many blessings. i thought for fun i'd do some math. If your average 50g tin in canada costs $25.00 (which is on the low end here), then if you multiply it out:
43 tins x $25.00 = $1075.00

if there are roughly 9 tins in a pound of tobacco, then:

9 tins x 10 pounds x $25.00 = $2250.00

put it all together for a grand total of (survey says!):
$3325.00

I'm moving stateside :)
ps. even if my math's wrong, we pay WAY too much for tobacco :)

imago
Congregation
Congregation

Post by imago » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:39 pm

I picked up tins of My Own Blend 7000 by Paul Olsen and Orlick's Golden Sliced at Tinderbox.

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:03 pm

I ordered a pound of McClelland 5100 and 50 gr Bombay Court for myself and 3 tins for my dad for christmas ( Oriental #14, Navy Cavendish, GL Pease Odyssey)

Before the week is out I will probably pick up a pound of McClelland 2045.
John

RevRich
Congregation
Congregation

a plethora of pipe product

Post by RevRich » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:48 pm

I have splurged lately :D I just received a shipment of Blue Note, Ashton Original Old Church, C&D Repose (yummy) and Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. AND I just ordered some GL Pease Barbary Coast (because I've heard so much about it) and some Bjarne flake deluxe (because I am interested in branching out a bit). Guess I'll have a bit to add to box pass #2 now!

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:57 pm

I'm on vacation next week, and wanted to stock up so I bought, HOW honey, Macbaren's Vanilla cream, blackpoint, haddos, and two ounces of 2025...blackpoint and the haddos I've had before, but the rest is new to me. I ordered it yesterday so I hope to get it next week.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:49 pm

My last purchase was some GH Top Black Cherry. Was in the mood for a cherry blend for a change. A couple bowls were enough to get me out of the mood. :?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Searcher-4-Truth
Usher
Usher

Post by Searcher-4-Truth » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:29 pm

Munkey, & I made a deal & he sent me a can of McCellands 2001 Christmas Cheer. I probably won't open it till around 2006, or 7 as I would like for it to get the valuable aging process in those vital 1st 5 years. :pipe:
Veni vidi velcroe

I came, I saw, I stuck around

OlFacty
Congregation
Congregation

Post by OlFacty » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:54 am

New York black and gentle and Da vinci.... So I had a sweet tooth! :D

Searcher-4-Truth
Usher
Usher

Post by Searcher-4-Truth » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:44 am

:speak: I just ordered 1 Lb. of McBarens Vanilla, & Chocolate. I hope I like it! I wanted to get 3 tins of Vanilla Creme, but for the same approx price I went with the bulk of V, & C.
I am quickly learning what I like, don't like, & really really like. For me it's the cavendish that turns my crank. So Guy recomended the V & C over the Vanilla Creme, because it's more cavendish. I have tried 2 6 pk samplers from Guy, & C& D, & still haven't found anything I like as much as the cavendish I stared out with as my 1st favorite from my local store, which only has about 8 jars of different baccy's. Problem is they charge about $2.00 per oz.

:yawn: Anyway to make a short story long,....I orderd McBarens Vanilla, & Chocolate mix.
Veni vidi velcroe

I came, I saw, I stuck around

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:40 pm

Picked up a tin of McC's St. James Woods. Haven't tried it before. But I haven't met a McC that I didn't like.
Praying - coco

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:56 am

I ordered a pound of McClelland's 5110 from http://www.cupojoes.com yesterday. Wahoo!
Praying - coco