Re: Last Tin Opened

Post by Al_S_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am

Dreams of Kadath

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm

McClelland Beacon Extra. Beacon with extra Perique. Good stuff.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

KYBURLEY
Congregation
Congregation

Post by KYBURLEY » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 am

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm
McClelland Beacon Extra. Beacon with extra Perique. Good stuff.
Boy, that's a good one. I love it on summer mornings with a good cup of English style tea with milk.

KYBURLEY
Congregation
Congregation

Post by KYBURLEY » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 am

G.L. Pease Abingdon

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 am

Cornell & Diehl 2015 Christmas Blend - Golden Days of Yore, my prize from JimVH for naming the kayak (thanks Jim!).
Opened the tin this afternoon and filled a small jar to take up to school, left a little in the tin to smoke at home.

It is listed as an aromatic, but the tin note was not overpowering. Mostly, it smelled to my nose like a complex Virginia blend with a hint of cinnamon and a touch of cloves (very Christmasy). But as you'll see in the video below, the topping includes more flavors than those two, and the tobaccos used, as listed by C&D, include "a festive mix of red and bright Virginias, black Cavendish, dark-fired Kentucky, and Katerini... and more." Sounds very interesting.

It's had two years to "marry" in the tin. I'm excited about giving it a try tomorrow.

Here's a video showing how they made the "sauce":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y30FA7MD3fM

And a modified Chistmas carol from C&D about the dillema of choosing to smoke it right away, or letting it mature;:

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Give your pipe a light.
From now on your troubles
Will be out of sight.

Virginias from the olden days
Make our Golden Days of Yore:
A fragrant blend with black Cavendish
Kentucky, Katerini, and more.

Through the years they’ll all marry together
If restraint allows.
Hang a shining tin upon the highest bow,
Or have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:39 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 am
Cornell & Diehl 2015 Christmas Blend - Golden Days of Yore, my prize from JimVH for naming the kayak (thanks Jim!).
Opened the tin this afternoon and filled a small jar to take up to school, left a little in the tin to smoke at home.

It is listed as an aromatic, but the tin note was not overpowering. Mostly, it smelled to my nose like a complex Virginia blend with a hint of cinnamon and a touch of cloves (very Christmasy). But as you'll see in the video below, the topping includes more flavors than those two, and the tobaccos used, as listed by C&D, include "a festive mix of red and bright Virginias, black Cavendish, dark-fired Kentucky, and Katerini... and more." Sounds very interesting.

It's had two years to "marry" in the tin. I'm excited about giving it a try tomorrow.

I guess I might try a small bowl full of that, but I would gravitate back to McClelland "ketchup."
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:11 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:39 am
durangopipe wrote:

I guess I might try a small bowl full of that, but I would gravitate back to McClelland "ketchup."
Profound.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:11 am
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:39 am
durangopipe wrote:

Profound.
What can I say? I just love what McClelland does with Virginia. Especially their Virginia-Periques. Recently I have come to relish their Beacon Extra VaPer. Perfect with an early evening libation.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm

2008 Vintage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 am

A tin of McConnell's Scottish Flake