Last Tin Opened

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Del wrote:On St. Patrick's Day, Cigarson and I opened a tin of Peterson Nutty Cut.

Tobacco Reviews page

This is an awesome aro. I don't miss Mac Baren Vanilla Cream at all.
Sounds good for an aro. Same flavorings as Ashton Rainy Day, which I never bought again but might, since I still remember it as the best (true goopy!) aro I've smoked.
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I dipped into yon cellar for a tin of Wessex Burley Slice and a 100g tin of Erinmore flake. The Wessex keeps me from stealing more Edgeworth and it's almost as good. The Erinmore is hard to resist... it's so good. Plus I'm nursing the last bit of a tin of Escudo. It's not bad but it's not really Escudo. The MacB BLB and Wessex Gold Brick unfortunately finished. As did another Murray's tin of Pete U. Flake, which I thought might be from KK but no...
I've also been working on a big jar of GH Brown Flake.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I’ve popped two this week.

Tin one was Treasure of Ireland Galway. I didn’t like it much so then I opened a tin of Stanwell Melange. Ah Melange, you have never failed me.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:
Del wrote:On St. Patrick's Day, Cigarson and I opened a tin of Peterson Nutty Cut.

Tobacco Reviews page

This is an awesome aro. I don't miss Mac Baren Vanilla Cream at all.
Sounds good for an aro. Same flavorings as Ashton Rainy Day, which I never bought again but might, since I still remember it as the best (true goopy!) aro I've smoked.
I'm still working on this tin.

It wants to be smoked slow and cool, so the virginias can do their magic.

I really like the aromatic/virginia combo. I'm just not a big fan of burley.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 am

I'm finishing up a can of McC Wilderness and some samples of various things. Just finished one of my aged tins of Piccadilly, was sad to see it go. I've also been dipping into a jar of PS LBF, which I shouldn't, but I can't help myself because I like it so much, but I've got more on the way so it's all good. The next up is probably a tin of Sextant that should be arriving shortly from the good people at P&C.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 am

Last night I cracked open a tin of SG Navy Flake. It was a new tin, purchased a month or so ago. I was a little surprised that the Lat presence wasn't a little stronger, but still a great tobacco. I really like the large, leathery flakes. Fun stuff.
Sola Deo Gloria

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am

I just opened up some MacB Navy Flake. It's been a while, and I had forgotten how much I really like this stuff...
-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 am

Last night I popped a tin of Blue Mountain for the first time. I've only had one bowl, but mmmm... it was sure good.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Briar_Bowl
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Briar_Bowl » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Popped a tin of MacBaren Vanilla Cream last night. :D
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED...MISUNDERSTANDING ALL YOU SEE

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Just popped a tin of H&H Anniversary Kake. Smells real good, I'll be having some after dinner.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

CaptainMathias
Inadequately tender breasts
Inadequately tender breasts

Post by CaptainMathias » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Five year old EMP
Orjner gur zhttyrf ROT13

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Though I try not to open tins too often anymore, given my adequate supplies of bulk and 60 or more jelly jars, I'm partly bored, and partly just want to bump this thread, so I'm opening a 2006 50g tin of McClelland Oriental Mixture #1. Don't feel too bad doing this, because it's been on my mind to try it again for some time, and I also have a 100g from 2000, which I will do my best not to open for some more years.

I only had this once, in early 2008, in a very old, very dry sample sent to me out of the blue by an Ebay seller with something else I bought from him. He was happy with me for something; best I can remember is that it was for quickly buying a relisted item someone had neglected to pay for. All I can tell is that it was the seller I got my signed tin of Chigago Pipe Show C&D "Constipated Cockroach" (mercifully renamed Canal Boat) from.

I remember (though that was a while back) it being good, if a bit crumbly, and also that I didn't know what it was, the bag not being marked, and had to ask him. Must have deleted that e-mail. I've been wondering what it looks like out of the tin, so here goes! I'll smoke some later tonight and update. I'll hit "submit" and then listen to that singing, satisfying, sometimes slightly heartbreaking snap/WHOOSH! (BOOSH!); irreversable yet exhilarating all the same.

First impression: this one is a ribbon rather than a broken flake, and there is a nice, subtle, basic tobacco tin scent. I smell little Latakia, but have heard Oriental #1 just has a touch. No vinegar!
Audita Musarum sacerdos

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:Though I try not to open tins too often anymore, given my adequate supplies of bulk and 60 or more jelly jars, I'm partly bored, and partly just want to bump this thread, so I'm opening a 2006 50g tin of McClelland Oriental Mixture #1. Don't feel too bad doing this, because it's been on my mind to try it again for some time, and I also have a 100g from 2000, which I will do my best not to open for some more years.

I only had this once, in early 2008, in a very old, very dry sample sent to me out of the blue by an Ebay seller with something else I bought from him. He was happy with me for something; best I can remember is that it was for quickly buying a relisted item someone had neglected to pay for. All I can tell is that it was the seller I got my signed tin of Chigago Pipe Show C&D "Constipated Cockroach" (mercifully renamed Canal Boat) from.

I remember (though that was a while back) it being good, if a bit crumbly, and also that I didn't know what it was, the bag not being marked, and had to ask him. Must have deleted that e-mail. I've been wondering what it looks like out of the tin, so here goes! I'll smoke some later tonight and update. I'll hit "submit" and then listen to that singing, satisfying, sometimes slightly heartbreaking snap/WHOOSH! (BOOSH!); irreversable yet exhilarating all the same.

First impression: this one is a ribbon rather than a broken flake, and there is a nice, subtle, basic tobacco tin scent. I smell little Latakia, but have heard Oriental #1 just has a touch. No vinegar!
Very nice. Seems to remind me of Rattray's Professional Mixture, but it's been a while since I had that one as well.
Audita Musarum sacerdos

parson
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by parson » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 am

3 year old Haddo's Delight for vacation.

Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cliff » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:03 am

I have opened a tin of Organic Pipe Dreams from my stach.. It is nice.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 am

Opened a big tin of Westminster for the watching of Game of Shadows with my son.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:47 am

Forgot to post it here, but I opened my tin of Chelsea Morning last week. I've smoked it most every day for a week, not a bad smoke.
Sola Deo Gloria

FlyCruiser
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by FlyCruiser » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:00 am

Just popped open a 6 year old jar of McClelland 5100 from the cellar.
Wesley

"I'll take on all you sissies w/ one hand tied behind my back!" -Dennisthemenace

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

fisherofpipes wrote:
fisherofpipes wrote:Though I try not to open tins too often anymore, given my adequate supplies of bulk and 60 or more jelly jars, I'm partly bored, and partly just want to bump this thread, so I'm opening a 2006 50g tin of McClelland Oriental Mixture #1. Don't feel too bad doing this, because it's been on my mind to try it again for some time, and I also have a 100g from 2000, which I will do my best not to open for some more years.

Very nice. Seems to remind me of Rattray's Professional Mixture, but it's been a while since I had that one as well.
Glad I opened this last night. Smoking some in my Savinelli right now, and may make it my main smoke of the day. Very mild, the barest hint of Latakia, and smooth.
Audita Musarum sacerdos

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 am

I just cracked a tin of McClelland Royal Cajun Ebony.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip