Lane 1Q?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Lane 1Q?

Post by Eruannu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Never tried it, is it worth it. As far as aromatics go I find JFH's Ruins of Isengard enjoyable but not as much as CB Royal. I don't like the original CB and some have compared 1Q to the original CB so ......? Try or just leave it be?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Re: Lane 1Q?

Post by JMG » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:38 pm

I don't care for it, but it's probably the most sold aro there is.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:27 am

Yes it is the #1 aro in sales, I'm not a big aro guy, but it has a good room note, to me it smells like cookie dough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:43 am

I have a strange feeling that you'll really like 1q if you really like Captain Black Royal.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:43 am
I have a strange feeling that you'll really like 1q if you really like Captain Black Royal.
LOL! Go ahead, bet him that this is the case.

"1) The world is all that is the case." ~ Wittgenstein
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Lane 1Q?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:58 am

hugodrax wrote:I have a strange feeling that you'll really like 1q if you really like Captain Black Royal.
Lol, I just noticed that he mentioned Captain Black, didn't even pick up on that first read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:47 am

I like 1Q just fine and I always have. It's nothing special, but it's sweet and creamy and just plain good. I know that I'm directly evoking a Wethere's Original commercial. I don't care.

Smoke it. It's everywhere and it's perfectly pleasant.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

I think you should do a side by side comparison of 1q and CAPT Black, maybe let us know what you think.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm

hugodrax wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to wonder if Eruannu is pulling our leg here, just to celebrate his 1st anniversary on CPS. I hope so... well played!

But since this is a tobacco question, it deserves a serious answer among a serious series of silly answers.

Captain Black Royal is generally believed to be the same thing as bulk 1-Q.

1-Q is the best-selling tobacco blend in America, by far. It's a friendly tobacco for new pipers, nice room note, not goopy with propylene glycol, easy to pack and smoke.

Used to be that every tobacco shop sold it under a different name, offering the pretense that "you couldn't get it anywhere else." It was always the best-selling blend.

You owe it to yourself to give it a try. It's good! More than a few CPS members buy it by the pound and smoke it often.

Next time you order some favorites from Just For Him, ask for a few ounces of their Just For Him blend.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Del wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm
hugodrax wrote:

I have to wonder if Eruannu is pulling our leg here, just to celebrate his 1st anniversary on CPS. I hope so... well played!

But since this is a tobacco question, it deserves a serious answer among a serious series of silly answers.

1-Q is the best-selling tobacco blend in America, by far. It's a friendly tobacco for new pipers, nice room note, not goopy with propylene glycol, easy to pack and smoke.

Used to be that every tobacco shop sold it under a different name, offering the pretense that "you couldn't get it anywhere else." It was always the best-selling blend.

You owe it to yourself to give it a try. It's good! More than a few CPS members buy it by the pound and smoke it often.

Next time you order some favorites from Just For Him, ask for a few ounces of their Just For Him blend.
I think Lane has disclosed that they are the same with only the exceptions of preservatives & amount of PG probably because of the packaging differences. So not just a belief (you can see how belief fits into my hierarchy of knowing).
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Del

Post by Del » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Rusty wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:13 pm
Del wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm
hugodrax wrote:

I think Lane has disclosed that they are the same with only the exceptions of preservatives & amount of PG probably because of the packaging differences. So not just a belief (you can see how belief fits into my hierarchy of knowing).
I knew that.

I hedged my comment, just so you could correct me.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Eruannu wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:29 pm
Never tried it, is it worth it. As far as aromatics go I find JFH's Ruins of Isengard enjoyable but not as much as CB Royal. I don't like the original CB and some have compared 1Q to the original CB so ......? Try or just leave it be?

I do not like 1Q.

JFH's Shortcut to Mushrooms is dern fine.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Del

Post by Del » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:19 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm
Eruannu wrote:

I do not like 1Q.

Uncle Bob's Middle Earth Series at JFH are pure genius. I smoked a lot of Old Toby when I got started into piping. (My tastes have changed so much since then. I am almost afraid to try it again, lest I destroy the pleasant memory.)

For every smoker who is exploring the world of aromatics, I highly recommend Stanwell Melange. Premium tobaccos, with a truly crowd-pleasing room note. If you smoke in public and you don't mind compliments, this is it.
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/stanwe ... o/1440082/

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am

I'm torn as to if I consider 1Q to be in the perfectly acceptable category or merely in the better than nothing category.

Either way, it isn't bad.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

HBR
Congregation
Congregation

Post by HBR » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am

If you like aromatics at all you'll probably think 1Q is at least OK. I do like aromatics and think 1Q is OK, but my favorite Lane aromatic is BCA. Some people think BCA is too much of a good thing and others think it's too much of a bad thing, but lots of people like it straight or as a blending tobacco. Worth a try if you find 1Q acceptable.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am

HBR wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am
If you like aromatics at all you'll probably think 1Q is at least OK. I do like aromatics and think 1Q is OK, but my favorite Lane aromatic is BCA. Some people think BCA is too much of a good thing and others think it's too much of a bad thing, but lots of people like it straight or as a blending tobacco. Worth a try if you find 1Q acceptable.
BCA is just a tad light for me, is spite of its dark pigmentation. All the same, it is an American classic that, I'm sure, all of us have tried once.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Eruannu
Usher
Usher

Re: RE: Re: Lane 1Q?

Post by Eruannu » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Eruannu wrote:

I do not like 1Q.

JFH's Shortcut to mushrooms is great I'd buy a pound at a time if I could afford to.
I was having a bit of fun with the 1q question. I have honestly never tried it but I am more curious at trying frog Morton and then going back to see what some of the aros taste like then. I bought a pouch of half and half on a curiosity in Lebanon and it really sent my taste buds in a weird direction. Palidin actually tasted great a few days after that.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 am

Eruannu wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 pm
Palidin actually tasted great a few days after that.
Paladin isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I'd smoke Paladin again, at least in its current iteration.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:52 am

A_Morley wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 am
Eruannu wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 pm
Palidin actually tasted great a few days after that.
Paladin isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I'd smoke Paladin again, at least in its current iteration.
You keep saying that, and I've noted it in case I ever come across any. However, I think it unlikely that I will--the stores around here that used to carry it do not do so any longer. Boy, though, it used to be awful.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:52 am
You keep saying that, and I've noted it in case I ever come across any. However, I think it unlikely that I will--the stores around here that used to carry it do not do so any longer. Boy, though, it used to be awful.
Your prayers? Answered: https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/may-vs ... r/2004058/
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates