McClelland Bulk 17% Off At P&Cs

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

McClelland Bulk 17% Off At P&Cs

Post by Goose55 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 pm

McClelland Bulk 17% Off At P&Cs. But 2015 Virginia-Perique Flake is STILL back-ordered. All other places have it. Why would they not keep in stock such a favorite bulk? :confused:

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: McClelland Bulk 17% Off At P&Cs

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 pm

I saw that and wondered why 17?
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 pm
Apparently according to numerology, the number 17 is responsible for, insight, responsibility, self-discipline, strength, compassion, spiritual consciousness, and wisdom, a desire for peace and love for all of humanity. So it's probably a subtle astrolo-numerologist plea for social justice amid the oppression that the disenfranchised face in today's econo-capitalist, intraimperialist, fascist society.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Apparently according to numerology, the number 17 is responsible for, insight, responsibility, self-discipline, strength, compassion, spiritual consciousness, and wisdom, a desire for peace and love for all of humanity. So it's probably a subtle astrolo-numerologist plea for social justice amid the oppression that the disenfranchised face in today's econo-capitalist, intraimperialist, fascist society.
Yeah, and I was going to order and smoke 5100 in celebration of insight, responsibility, yadda, yadda. . .
But it's backordered.

Why in the name of,whatever, would you announce a sale on something (5100 is specifically mentioned in the email announcement) and not have it in stock?

Clearly another sign of the chaos proving the world will end on Saturday.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Aahhh. Well no wonder 2017 is shaping up to be such a fantastic year.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Jester
Elder
Elder

Post by Jester » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Yeah, and I was going to order and smoke 5100 in celebration of insight, responsibility, yadda, yadda. . .
But it's backordered.

Why in the name of,whatever, would you announce a sale on something (5100 is specifically mentioned in the email announcement) and not have it in stock?

Clearly another sign of the chaos proving the world will end on Saturday.
This right here. I have got emails all September on their buy two tins of Cult get the third tin free. Three tins for $18.50 is a great deal. The problem is out of the seven tins that Cult sells they only have three available. The other four say out of stock and you are unable to select them.

Here is the really big problem. They are marked at $6.75ea but when you select three it jumps to $9.25ea. This is a problem because you are able to select two for a total of $13.50. So your not really getting one tin free. You are only getting $1.75 off the entire order.
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/cultb2g1f/2004702/
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm

To announce such a sale and going into it with two of McClelland's best selling bulks (2015 & 5100) back-ordered, is stupid. Why would they do that?

You know what? I think they are going belly up, and selling off inventory. The 2015 Virginia- Perique Flake has been back ordered for months.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Zeitguy
Minister of crushing repartee
Minister of crushing repartee

Post by Zeitguy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Aahhh. Well no wonder 2017 is shaping up to be such a fantastic year.
Someday, we will look back upon 2017 and remember it as a sort of safe-space kind of year!

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:36 pm

+JMJ+
Zeitguy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm
Someday, we will look back upon 2017 and remember it as a sort of safe-space kind of year!
Zeit makes right!

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

plainview
Congregation
Congregation

Post by plainview » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

The last time I saw No. 2015 in stock was in 2015. Strange happenings with the backordered McClelland bulks.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm

plainview wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am
The last time I saw No. 2015 in stock was in 2015. Strange happenings with the backordered McClelland bulks.
Still on backorder at P&C, but available elsewhere.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... 3979/bulk/
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

plainview
Congregation
Congregation

Post by plainview » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm
plainview wrote:

Thanks.

I'm baffled, why are the best McClelland bulks perpetual out of stock at P&C (especially when P&C has an entire sale devoted to them).

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:12 pm

plainview wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm
Del wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm
plainview wrote:

Thanks.

I'm baffled, why are the best McClelland bulks perpetual out of stock at P&C (especially when P&C has an entire sale devoted to them).
I bet it's because P&C is in dispute with McClelland. P&C likely won't buy and wants a lower wholesale price and McClelland is holding out, sending more to 4Noggins and Smoking Pipes. If this is true, P&C is the only loser in that situation.

More and more of the McClelland tins are now showing back order as well.