Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
plainview
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: USA

Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by plainview » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

For the folks who've tried both the Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve blends and the Seattle Pipe Club regular blends, could any discernible differences be detected? The pressed cake of the Special Reserve looks quite a bit different than the crumble cake. The price is roughly the same per ounce, however the Special Reserve comes in 4 oz tins only. In addition, the Special Reserve is probably a limited release.

Image
Special Reserve Plum Pudding
Image credit: Livedoor

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Sorry, can't answer your question; but I can say that I've been through four tins of the SR plum pudding this year. It's a good smoke.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5898
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm

According to P&C the Special Reserve is the product of "Very Special" tobaccos found on the shelf...so I read that as limited supply as you suspected. I got my fill of plugs with Jack knife blend...it gets old quick unless you have a cutter.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7113
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: In the woods, VA

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Bloodhound wrote:According to P&C the Special Reserve is the product of "Very Special" tobaccos found on the shelf...so I read that as limited supply as you suspected. I got my fill of plugs with Jack knife blend...it gets old quick unless you have a cutter.
I use an old straight razor, works great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32409
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:16 pm
Bloodhound wrote:According to P&C the Special Reserve is the product of "Very Special" tobaccos found on the shelf...so I read that as limited supply as you suspected. I got my fill of plugs with Jack knife blend...it gets old quick unless you have a cutter.
I use an old straight razor, works great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25503
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:36 pm
Sorry, can't answer your question; but I can say that I've been through four tins of the SR plum pudding this year. It's a good smoke.
Hey, s&s old buddy old pal. soooo maybe we trade a taste back and forth. I have a large amount of Vanilla infused 3.5. Have your people get with my people, umm-kay?
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

so, I drank the whisky. » Bloodhound

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Seattle Pipe Club Special Reserve Blends

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:40 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:36 pm
Sorry, can't answer your question; but I can say that I've been through four tins of the SR plum pudding this year. It's a good smoke.
Hey, s&s old buddy old pal. soooo maybe we trade a taste back and forth. I have a large amount of Vanilla infused 3.5. Have your people get with my people, umm-kay?
Umm-kay.

I'll look and see what I have left.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Post Reply