The Angler's blends from P&C

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

The Angler's blends from P&C

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 am

So at the suggestion of Durango Pipe, I have been smoking Trout Stream from the Scotty's Angler's Blends series...there are 3 or 4 now in the line up. Trout Stream is good, but too much flavoring for me as I normally do not smoke many aromatic pipe tobaccos so I mix it with some PA or most recently some Pelican just to thin it out some. What I do like about Trout Stream is the quality leaf that they use.

So when I saw that P&C had added or brought back, Angler's Dream, I decided to give it a try. It is great quality leaf with some chocolate, honey and cinnamon added. I was expecting to have to "Step" on it some to thin it down as well...NOPE it is more subtle and has more tobacco flavor through out the smoke. The cinnamon is there in the back, the coco flavor wanders through and the honey is there the whole bowl, but they play well together and it never got too sweet and it all stays behind the solid tobacco flavors.

I like Trout Stream as a break from latakia or when I am smoking in public, the room note will get you good comments. But this new Angler's Dream is fantastic! I am looking forward to taking it to the goose pits...last year my hunting partners complained when I was smoking some of my strong lat blends...they will not complain about Angler's Dream. I may have to order some more before it goes off sale the end of the month.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: The Angler's blends from P&C

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't really care for maple or butterscotch flavored tobacco. But I may take a look at this one anyway. The review is enticing.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Yup...there is no maple or butterscotch flavor...it left me thinking of spices and not candy. I am going to try a 3rd bowl tonight in a bigger pipe and see how the tobacco and spices play out with more room
Scott ( aka - Thor )

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I really like Trout Stream but it is for folks that like 1Q. If you like 1Q, chances are that you will LOVE Trout Stream.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 pm
I really like Trout Stream but it is for folks that like 1Q. If you like 1Q, chances are that you will LOVE Trout Stream.
Nuts. I had been looking forward to trying it.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Order in an oz of both...its on sale now. Trout stream is good for me on a 25-TS/75-PA mix. But with Anglers Dream, I will likely not be buying any more TS.
Scott ( aka - Thor )

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Sounds interesting. Definitely putting this on my list.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation