What's Your Favorite Virginia Perique?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

What's Your Favorite Virginia Perique?

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 am

Here's my new favorite. How many here have discovered this celestial Virginia-Perique flake? I had my first ever bowl of it a couple few weeks ago and am hooked. Its so very good I recently ordered 30 tins of it on a 15% off P&Cs sale. The description of the tobacco on the tin is obscured by the gorgeous flakes. It reads "liberally seasoned with Perique."

Last edited by Goose55 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: McClelland Beacon Extra; It's The Goo

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 am
How many here have discovered this celestial Virginia-Perique flake? I had my first ever bowl of it a couple few weeks ago and am hooked. Recently ordered 30 tins of it on a 15% off P&Cs sale....

I feel like the Count von Count. One, two, three, four mentions of buying 30 tins of Beacon Extra in a 15% off sale. That's four mentions of Beacon Extra in one, two, three, four different threads.

Hey, Goose, is there any chance you bought 30 tins of Beacon Extra from Pipes and Cigars? Because some goober keeps saying you did and you really should squelch this rumor if it isn't true.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 am
Goose55 wrote:
How many here have discovered this celestial Virginia-Perique flake? I had my first ever bowl of it a couple few weeks ago and am hooked. Recently ordered 30 tins of it on a 15% off P&Cs sale....

I feel like the Count von Count. One, two, three, four mentions of buying 30 tins of Beacon Extra in a 15% off sale. That's four mentions of Beacon Extra in one, two, three, four different threads.

Hey, Goose, is there any chance you bought 30 tins of Beacon Extra from Pipes and Cigars? Because some goober keeps saying you did and you really should squelch this rumor if it isn't true.
How many here have discovered this celestial Virginia-Perique flake? For those VaPer lovers who have not, it's my way of flying a banner.

Have you ever enjoyed something so much that you wanted to share your discovery?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 am
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

How many here have discovered this celestial Virginia-Perique flake? For those VaPer lovers who have not, it's my way of flying a banner.

Have you ever enjoyed something so much that you wanted to share your discovery?
Indeed. But not Beacon Extra. I didn't like that one, but I'm sensitive to perique.

But I do appreciate what you're doing and I mean that. Giving away thirty tins of Beacon Extra to the first thirty people who pm you their address is a wonderful gesture of Christmas spirit. Thanks, Goose.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 am
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Indeed. But not Beacon Extra. I didn't like that one, but I'm sensitive to perique.

But I do appreciate what you're doing and I mean that. Giving away thirty tins of Beacon Extra to the first thirty people who pm you their address is a wonderful gesture of Christmas spirit. Thanks, Goose.
Oh, I might give away a few of those 30 tins.

Sorry you didn't like Beacon Extra. It's a supercharged Beacon, but exceptional. Has one of the highest ratings of any tobacco on TobaccoReviews.com,.. but by those who savor the wonderful condiment

Driving a Ferrari Enzo whilst smokimg a big bowl full of Beacon Extra, that would be the icing on the cake. For me, anyway

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

+JMJ+

"Look! Up in the sky!"

"It's The Goo!"

"It's The Goober!"

"Naw. It's just The Goose."

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 am
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Sorry you didn't like Beacon Extra. It's a supercharged Beacon, but exceptional. Has one of the highest ratings of any tobacco on TobaccoReviews.com,.. but by those who savor the wonderful condiment

Driving a Ferrari Enzo whilst smokimg a big bowl full of Beacon Extra, that would be the icing on the cake. For me, anyway
Wait, it wasn't your plan to give any away? So this thread's purpose was just to say "Goose likes Beacon Extra and bought thirty tins of it?"

Wow. I thought you were gearing up for the great McClelland proselytization of 2017. But it was just greed.

If you want to know why somebody hasn't tried it yet, it's probably because you bought it all.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am
+JMJ+

"Look! Up in the sky!"

"It's The Goo!"

"It's The Goober!"

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 pm

wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+

"Look! Up in the sky!"

"It's The Goo!"

"It's The Goober!"

Not "just the Goose." It's the Goo-Goose!

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Del wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 pm
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+

"Look! Up in the sky!"

"It's The Goo!"

"It's The Goober!"

Not "just the Goose." It's the Goo-Goose!

Oh, no. You wouldn't want to chew Beacon Extra. That would be a bad decision.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Wait, it wasn't your plan to give any away? So this thread's purpose was just to say "Goose likes Beacon Extra and bought thirty tins of it?"

Wow. I thought you were gearing up for the great McClelland proselytization of 2017. But it was just greed.

If you want to know why somebody hasn't tried it yet, it's probably because you bought it all.
Quit it. It's not proselytization, but simply waving the Beacon Extra Banner, for others may want to give it a try. And didn't see where I wrote before (above/\), that I may send a few tins out? 'Tis true, P&Cs are now back-ordered on it, but 4Noggins stocks it. It's not greed, but wisdom and prudence, stocking up on a very, very good VaPer.

You love to be ornery, don't you?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Quit it. It's not proselytization, but simply waving the Beacon Extra Banner, for others may want to give it a try. And didn't see where I wrote before (above/\), that I may send a few tins out? 'Tis true, P&Cs are now back-ordered on it, but 4Noggins stocks it. It's not greed, but wisdom and prudence, stocking up on a very, very good VaPer.

Not a chance, Goosey. No quitting. Hiding behind the word "may" shall get you nowhere. I "may" give something away in no way implies that I "will."

Remember telling me you were at least twice my age? That makes you at least 80. You're buying too much tobacco. It's greed. And you're bragging about it.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Not a chance, Goosey. No quitting. Hiding behind the word "may" shall get you nowhere. I "may" give something away in no way implies that I "will."

Remember telling me you were at least twice my age? That makes you at least 80. You're buying too much tobacco. It's greed. And you're bragging about it.
You don't cellar tobacco, from what I recall you saying. But I do. What would be the purpose of my only buying 3 tins of a tobacco that I enjoy and want to cellar? Lots of people here on CPS cellar tobacco they enjoy. That's not greed, but foresight. Stop arguing over semantics.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

You don't cellar tobacco, from what I recall you saying. But I do. What would be the purpose of my only buying 3 tins of a tobacco that I enjoy and want to cellar? Lots of people here on CPS cellar tobacco they enjoy. That's not greed, but foresight. Stop arguing over semantics.
Look on the bright side. Until I started teasing you, this thread was nothing but "You guys might have missed the other three times I told you this exact thing, but I bought a lot of tobacco I like." We livened it up. We uplifted the Christian pipe forum, if you will.

I still maintain that word choices matter.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: What's Your Favorite Virginia Perique?

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:53 pm

In fairness to those who may not care to know about McClelland VaPers, I've changed the thread title to What's Your Favorite Virginia Perique?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:53 pm
In fairness to those who may not care to know about McClelland VaPers, I've changed the thread title to What's Your Favorite Virginia Perique?
McConnell's Scottish Flake, followed by Rattray's Marlin Flake/ Peretti's Park Square.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm
Goose55 wrote:
McConnell's Scottish Flake, followed by Rattray's Marlin Flake/ Peretti's Park Square.
I have some McConnell's Scottish Flake. I learned about it from you, from the sample you sent. In fact just cracked a tin of it yesterday to decant awhile.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
I have some McConnell's Scottish Flake. I learned about it from you, from the sample you sent. In fact just cracked a tin of it yesterday to decant awhile.
Just for you, I'm going to retry the Beacon Extra. We might be different fellows in a lot of ways, but our tobacco tastes are pretty similar. I really enjoyed that sample of Tudor Castle and forgot to add it to my list. That was the first McClelland I really "got."

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Just for you, I'm going to retry the Beacon Extra. We might be different fellows in a lot of ways, but our tobacco tastes are pretty similar. I really enjoyed that sample of Tudor Castle and forgot to add it to my list. That was the first McClelland I really "got."
Your local tobacconist carry Beacon Extra? If not, P&Cs has a 10% off, over $100, or free shipping over $49, but they are back ordered on it (thanks to me). 4Noggins has it, though. Or, if you like, when I get the tins I ordered, I can send you one. PM me your address.

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. I like it and it is easy to find. Some time ago I had special-ordered a small amount from a local tobacco shop, but they brought more in to give it a try. Turned out to be one of their best sellers, so now they keep it in stock.
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane