Drucquer & Sons

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
User avatar
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Drucquer & Sons

Post by plainview » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am

Are there fans of the Drucquer & Sons blends on CPS?

Image

borrowed photo

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:00 pm

plainview wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am
Are there fans of the Drucquer & Sons blends on CPS?

Image

borrowed photo
I really enjoy the Inns of Court.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Never tried the stuff nor been to Drucquers, a fact which bothers me since I've took 9 units at UC Berzerkeley in the early 70's.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Well, there's another tobacco thread with absolutely zero interest.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:37 pm
Well, there's another tobacco thread with absolutely zero interest.
I have interest but nothing to add as I have never heard of that brand. I am waiting to be edjumacated
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Hovannes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Pease used to work at Drucquers, so I've heard. Has he resurrected any of Drucquer's blends? I'd be interested!

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm
Pease used to work at Drucquers, so I've heard. Has he resurrected any of Drucquer's blends? I'd be interested!

Yes. He's released a few. Inns of Court is one of them. The original post was asking about them. Is there any attempt to ascertain what is going on before we post around here?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:49 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm
Pease used to work at Drucquers, so I've heard. Has he resurrected any of Drucquer's blends? I'd be interested!

Yes. He's released a few. Inns of Court is one of them. The original post was asking about them. Is there any attempt to ascertain what is going on before we post around here?
So does that mean that C&D is also involved? It looks like Smoking Pipes has a good sale going on for these blends.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6024
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?

Or the Management by Objective family?
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?

Or the Management by Objective family?
:D

I am interested...I like GLP blends and C&D and I am going to order Trafalgar and give it a go and they are 20% off
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20012
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Jocose » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Looks interesting
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

User avatar
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by plainview » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:49 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm
Pease used to work at Drucquers, so I've heard. Has he resurrected any of Drucquer's blends? I'd be interested!

Yes. He's released a few. Inns of Court is one of them. The original post was asking about them. Is there any attempt to ascertain what is going on before we post around here?
So does that mean that C&D is also involved? It looks like Smoking Pipes has a good sale going on for these blends.
Bingo. The Smoking Pipes sale is what piqued my interest in the blends.

User avatar
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by plainview » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 pm
Never tried the stuff nor been to Drucquers, a fact which bothers me since I've took 9 units at UC Berzerkeley in the early 70's.
UC Berkley in the 70s...

Image

User avatar
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by plainview » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:00 pm
plainview wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am
Are there fans of the Drucquer & Sons blends on CPS?

Image

borrowed photo
I really enjoy the Inns of Court.
Inns of Court sounds like a winner. I copied the the description from Smoking Pipes to share in this thread, command-v below:

Drucquer & Sons Inns of Court: For many decades this unique blend was one of Drucquer's most popular, and was even known to have comforted members of Admiral Richard Byrd's crew during their second Antarctic expedition. The finely balanced combination of Virginia tobaccos, white and brown Burleys, and just a bit of Latakia and Perique keeps Inns of Court in high regard. A lighter blend with a complex, nutty taste and wonderful, nostalgic aroma that is sure to suit many palates. Fill your bowl and enjoy a taste of history!

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22690
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 am

plainview wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:51 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 pm
Never tried the stuff nor been to Drucquers, a fact which bothers me since I've took 9 units at UC Berzerkeley in the early 70's.
UC Berkley in the 70s...

Image
That and more, lad.
That and more.
Berzerkeley

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8516
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?

Or the Management by Objective family?
:D

I am interested...I like GLP blends and C&D and I am going to order Trafalgar and give it a go and they are 20% off
I ordered Inn of Court and Red Lion. If you order Tafalgar and another, then perhaps we can swap samples?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by plainview » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:28 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?
Ah ha. Get it.

Image
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Or the Management by Objective family?
:D

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8516
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?

Or the Management by Objective family?
:D

I am interested...I like GLP blends and C&D and I am going to order Trafalgar and give it a go and they are 20% off
I ordered Inn of Court and Red Lion. If you order Tafalgar and another, then perhaps we can swap samples?
I opened the tin of Red Lion, and there's no readily discernible tin note at all. A little off the top in a small bowl churchwarden exhibits no flavor whatsoever; just smoke. A little towards the end of the bowl some definite spiciness is noted, presumably from the perique that's advertised as an ingredient. No discernible latakia at all, in neither the tin note nor the bowl. I'll dump the tobacco from the tin, mix well, and then have another go at it.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:57 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Was this Sam's business in Hooterville?

Or the Management by Objective family?
:D

I am interested...I like GLP blends and C&D and I am going to order Trafalgar and give it a go and they are 20% off
I ordered Inn of Court and Red Lion. If you order Tafalgar and another, then perhaps we can swap samples?
I opened the tin of Red Lion, and there's no readily discernible tin note at all. A little off the top in a small bowl churchwarden exhibits no flavor whatsoever; just smoke. A little towards the end of the bowl some definite spiciness is noted, presumably from the perique that's advertised as an ingredient. No discernible latakia at all, in neither the tin note nor the bowl. I'll dump the tobacco from the tin, mix well, and then have another go at it.
This is not sounding good at all :cry:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
les
Usher
Usher
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Chester County, PA

Re: Drucquer & Sons

Post by les » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Yo Blo

I'm a fan of Drucquer's in the new reincarnations. In fact, I've been busy trying to figure out what to demote out of my Top300 Cellar so as to make room for them. So far, I've ordered up Red Lion (a great, subtle morning smoke), Levant (gives Nightcap a run for its money), and Inns of Court. I did stock up on Blairgowrie, too, but still trying to be selective. This is always a problem for me with anything that Greg Pease touches, Trafalgar is another one on the cusp. Unless I discern some more virtue in Devil's Own and Prince Blend, I may succeed in not stocking the whole portfolio. Each of these is complex, and it's taking me a number of bowls to tease out the profiles. A tough job, but somebody has to do it.

hp
les

Post Reply