THE ORTHODOX THREAD

Anything and everything... except the youth room... or what belongs in the Purgatory Forum
Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Re: THE ORTHODOX THREAD

Post by Thoth » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 am

Thunktank wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 pm
Thoth wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 pm
Some may be aware of my on again off being called to the priesthood, so quick note on Orthodox eccliesiology since I live in an area not directly under a local bishop I'm open for poaching to other dioceses. SO currently the Bishop of the Southern United States wants to ordain me for a church in the north Dallas area (Richardson to be exact) to that end I have been traveling there for weekends for the past several months. So I have one more visit before His Grace puts it up to the congregation to make the final decision. To additionally make things interesting another bishop wants to ordain me for Greenville, SC if the other thing falls through.

Prayers appreciated especially for wisdom.
Nice to hear from you, Thoth. Destiny may cross our paths yet. I've been in and out of Texas north of Dallas as well lately. I was in Richardson a month ago. Very likely to move to the area in a year or two. Regardless, I may be back there yet again in the next few weeks. Would you accept me as a spiritual son of yours? :D
Gladly.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Re: THE ORTHODOX THREAD

Post by serapion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Thoth wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 am
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 pm
Thoth wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 pm
Some may be aware of my on again off being called to the priesthood, so quick note on Orthodox eccliesiology since I live in an area not directly under a local bishop I'm open for poaching to other dioceses. SO currently the Bishop of the Southern United States wants to ordain me for a church in the north Dallas area (Richardson to be exact) to that end I have been traveling there for weekends for the past several months. So I have one more visit before His Grace puts it up to the congregation to make the final decision. To additionally make things interesting another bishop wants to ordain me for Greenville, SC if the other thing falls through.

Prayers appreciated especially for wisdom.
Nice to hear from you, Thoth. Destiny may cross our paths yet. I've been in and out of Texas north of Dallas as well lately. I was in Richardson a month ago. Very likely to move to the area in a year or two. Regardless, I may be back there yet again in the next few weeks. Would you accept me as a spiritual son of yours? :D
Gladly.
Way Cool!
Thoth, PM me when you come to Richardson. I live right near there.
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.