Christmas Albums

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
SinisterHand
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SinisterHand » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Point taken. After all metal is inherantly evil.(said with sarcasm)
<div>The artist formerly known as Creepy Looking Baby.</div>

kendrck
&#324;&#279;&#283;dl&#275;-pöíñtë&#341;

Post by kendrck » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:51 pm

SinisterHand wrote:Point taken. After all metal is inherantly evil.(said with sarcasm)
't'weren't so much the "metal" part that bugged me ... as the "death" part ... don't mean to pick a fight ...

understand that I'm coming from the viewpoint of a guy who owns and enjoys the music of Rammstein, Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, etc.

I guess I just sometimes question whether or not there are some musical stylings that shouldn't really have "Christian" versions ... and I really mean "question" ... I don't mean I have an opinion, and my opinion is that you're wrong :wink:

PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by PipeAndPint » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:01 am

kendrck wrote:
SinisterHand wrote:Point taken. After all metal is inherantly evil.(said with sarcasm)
't'weren't so much the "metal" part that bugged me ... as the "death" part ... don't mean to pick a fight ...

understand that I'm coming from the viewpoint of a guy who owns and enjoys the music of Rammstein, Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, etc.

I guess I just sometimes question whether or not there are some musical stylings that shouldn't really have "Christian" versions ... and I really mean "question" ... I don't mean I have an opinion, and my opinion is that you're wrong :wink:
indeed - it's not the 'Christian metal' that i found disquieting (although, personally i do find metal to be a bit disquieting..) it was the 'Christian DEATH metal'.. Christianity ain't about death - it's about life!
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:11 am

Did anyone mention Johnny Mathis?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

kendrck

Post by kendrck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:32 am

John-Boy wrote:Did anyone mention Johnny Mathis?
No, but I find him "questionable" too. :wink:

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:56 am

SinisterHand wrote: Believe it or not there is a huge Christian death metal scene.
Yeah, I've heard of bit of that. I'm not a big fan of "death" metal, though. I perfer to be able to at least ATTEMPT to decipher the lyrics.
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

kendrck

Post by kendrck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:12 am

sguthrie wrote:
SinisterHand wrote: Believe it or not there is a huge Christian death metal scene.
Yeah, I've heard of bit of that. I'm not a big fan of "death" metal, though. I perfer to be able to at least ATTEMPT to decipher the lyrics.
i never listen to the words ... it's all about the beat, man ... just the groove, that's all i'm there for ... :wink:

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:36 am

kendrck wrote:
sguthrie wrote:
i never listen to the words ... it's all about the beat, man ... just the groove, that's all i'm there for ... :wink:
i remember being at AWANA once and an elderly fellow explaining to us that rock music was evil because of the beat.. funny thing was, he was completely sincere.
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

kendrck

Post by kendrck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:53 am

PipeAndPint wrote:
kendrck wrote:
sguthrie wrote:
i remember being at AWANA once and an elderly fellow explaining to us that rock music was evil because of the beat.. funny thing was, he was completely sincere.
well, it's those devil drums, you know ... they'll put you right into a trance state, lower yer basal metabolic rate, reset the clock on yer microwave, curdle all the milk in the fridge, and jack with sperm motility ... can't be too careful

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 am

i don't think they liked guitars much, either.. unless they were strictly acoustic and played only "rum by gum"

kendrck

Post by kendrck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:00 am

PipeAndPint wrote:i don't think they liked guitars much, either.. unless they were strictly acoustic and played only "rum by gum"
I'm also a big fan of rum!

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:01 am

kendrck wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote:i don't think they liked guitars much, either.. unless they were strictly acoustic and played only "rum by gum"
Me too.. they'd run me out of that church on a rail for sure, if i ever went back there..

kendrck

Post by kendrck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:08 am

PipeAndPint wrote:
kendrck wrote:
Me too.. they'd run me out of that church on a rail for sure, if i ever went back there..
Cap Morgan has this line of flavored rums called Parrot Bay ... the pineapple rum is to die for. Someday I'm gonna get a bottle of the coconut flavored so I can mix up pina coladas w/o all those pesky non-rum ingredients.

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Re: Christmas Albums

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Bing Crosby White Christmas
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

yetanotherbob
Congregation
Congregation

Post by yetanotherbob » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:10 pm

DECEMBER -- George Winston
THE GIFT-- Liz Story
CHRISTMAS CLASSICS FOR GUITAR -- Stevan Pasero
A WINTER'S SOLSTICE IV -- Windham Hill Artists
FROSTY THE BLUESMAN -- Michael Powers
MERRY AXE-MAS -- Various Rock Guitarists
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whisky and car keys to teenaged boys." -- P.J. O'Rourke