What book are you reading?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Re: What book are you reading?

Post by infidel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:30 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:48 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:54 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:34 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 am
Does reading my own notices count?
:chili:
Stop it.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:48 pm

infidel wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 pm
wosbald wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 pm
+JMJ+

I Believe in the Holy Spirit: The Complete Three Volume Work in One Volume by Yves Congar
Is that some kind of Trinitarian humor?
Nice.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 pm

infidel wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:30 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:48 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:54 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:34 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 am
Does reading my own notices count?
Stop it.
I have a bottle of that, called Counter Attack, on my bicycle, for any stray Pit Bulls or angry German Shepherds. So far, thank God, I haven;t had to use it.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:30 am
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 pm
Just finished George Washington's Secret Six; The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution, by Brian Kilmeade

Next up is Martin Luther, The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World, by Eric Metaxas

I have been relishing this great extremely well researched and written book. Highly recommended!
Ditto Goose !
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 am

+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:48 pm
infidel wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 pm
wosbald wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 pm
I Believe in the Holy Spirit: The Complete Three Volume Work in One Volume by Yves Congar
Is that some kind of Trinitarian humor?
Nice.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 pm

+JMJ+

Tradition and Traditions: The Biblical, Historical, and Theological Evidence for Catholic Teaching on Tradition by Yves Congar

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 pm

The Frozen Hours by Jeff Shaara. It's a historical novel about the Korean War battle Chosin Reservoir battle. My father was in the area for this battle so my wife got me this for Christmas.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

About half way through this great book. A 500 page book can be daunting to start but I wish this one was longer. A great read, and highly recommended.

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am
About half way through this great book. A 500 page book can be daunting to start but I wish this one was longer. A great read, and highly recommended.

Knock it off. You've posted the same book in the same thread three times. Tell us when you're reading a new one, okay?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am
Goose55 wrote:

Knock it off. You've posted the same book in the same thread three times. Tell us when you're reading a new one, okay?
500 year anniversaries don't come often, so I am taking some liberties, among them freedom of speech. Oct 31, 2017 was the 500th year anniversary of what this remarkable man had almost single-handedly done. He forever changed the course of history, and we all owe a lot to him. Marvelous book. Read it when you get the chance. That is all.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

500 year anniversaries don't come often, so I am taking some liberties, among them freedom of speech. Oct 31, 2017 was the 500th year anniversary of what this remarkable man had almost single-handedly done. He forever changed the course of history, and we all owe a lot to him. Marvelous book. Read it when you get the chance. That is all.
You don't have freedom of speech here, Goose. So take your righteous pudwhackery and cram it with walnuts. Don't post the same thing over and over.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

You don't have freedom of speech here, Goose. So take your righteous pudwhackery and cram it with walnuts. Don't post the same thing over and over.
I suspect his enthusiasm, equal to mine on this book, is so great, Goose can't help but repeat his love of it; like someone would keep praising a special ice cream at 31 Flavors. It's just so good, you have to keep saying "Ummm...this is SO good!" Like I do when my wife makes special dishes. I repeat it so often, I hear her laughing in the kitchen. :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm

+JMJ+
Tatanka wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

I suspect his enthusiasm, equal to mine on this book, is so great, Goose can't help but repeat his love of it; like someone would keep praising a special ice cream at 31 Flavors. It's just so good, you have to keep saying "Ummm...this is SO good!" Like I do when my wife makes special dishes. I repeat it so often, I hear her laughing in the kitchen. :)
Nothin' stoppin' either of y'all from starting a thread on it.

Just sayin'.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 pm

wosbald wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm
+JMJ+
Tatanka wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Nothin' stoppin' either of y'all from starting a thread on it.

Just sayin'.

Appreciate your generous spirit! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

goose is nawt u kwik redr

he semz tu hav ishuus wif soshul qqs to
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 2016 2017 !!!

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am

SockPuppeh wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

Sock Puppets are one of the greatest blessings of CPS.

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am
SockPuppeh wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

Sock Puppets are one of the greatest blessings of CPS.
hav yu finshd dat buk yet?
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 2016 2017 !!!

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

This has been on my nightstand for a month.
Between grandkids, other visitors, more pressing reading and life I haven’t opened it yet.

A friend who asked me to read it is coming over tomorrow to discuss it. Oops.
It will fit into my reading shortly.

Has anyone read it?
Any thoughts, comments?
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Between grandkids, other visitors, more pressing reading and life I haven’t opened it yet.

Has anyone read it?
Any thoughts, comments?
I've not read it but a great book on SCIENCE - almost exclusively the human body SCIENCE is "The Case for a CREATOR" by former atheist, Lee Stobel. His first book, that came forth from his coming into belief in GOD, is "The Case for CHRIST." He was a journalist investigating scientific evidence that Points Toward GOD. And the case for Christ is evidence for Jesus. Hard to lay down.....so attention grabbing!
Soli Deo Gloria!

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Has anyone read it?
Any thoughts, comments?
I've not read it but a great book on SCIENCE - almost exclusively the human body SCIENCE is "The Case for a CREATOR" by former atheist, Lee Stobel. His first book, that came forth from his coming into belief in GOD, is "The Case for CHRIST." He was a journalist investigating scientific evidence that Points Toward GOD. And the case for Christ is evidence for Jesus. Hard to lay down.....so attention grabbing!
So your answer is "no" and your thoughts and comments thereon are nonexistent. Good to know.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley