How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by jruegg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:51 pm
it was 94 when I came back from lunch. The Pacific NorthWest is looking very good...
I'd recommend living there an entire year before buying property. It can be pretty wet there.
Yep - stay away. We don't need any more durn f'rners showing up here 'bouts. Just ignore the fact that the current 10-day forecast is low to mid 70s with no precipitation.

It's not all bad.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 pm

jruegg wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:51 pm
it was 94 when I came back from lunch. The Pacific NorthWest is looking very good...
I'd recommend living there an entire year before buying property. It can be pretty wet there.
Yep - stay away. We don't need any more durn f'rners showing up here 'bouts. Just ignore the fact that the current 10-day forecast is low to mid 70s with no precipitation.

It's not all bad.
Hey, shut up you! I'm trying to keep the population under control here.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Biker_Piper
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Biker_Piper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Cooled down a bit, currently @ 98. Was 105 at 4 this afternoon. I like sunny days, but this is insane

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 pm

"It was a dark and stormy night...."

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm

A high temperature record, here, fell today. Previous record was 113 in 2013. Today the high was 114. But of course, that's cool compared to Death Valley, California, where it was again 131 F again.

Here? Now? It is presently 8 pm, and 109 F :dance:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Afternoon storms in the mountains are putting our house beneath clouds with a few sprinkles and keeping things cool in spite of hot, dry forecasts just a few miles south and 500' lower in elevation in town.

Our high was around 80 today, but most of the day it was in the 70s.
Nighttime lows have been in the low 50s.

It's currently 68 at our house.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm
A high temperature record, here, fell today. Previous record was 113 in 2013. Today the high was 114. But of course, that's cool compared to Death Valley, California, where it was again 131 F again.

Here? Now? It is presently 8 pm, and 109 F :dance:
Glad you've got that new central air conditioning, Goose!
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

God has again remembered those dwelling in the Southwest Deserts. MoNsOoN has arrived, in force, and with booms and fire in the night sky last night.

Today? I actually felt a little chilly riding my bicycle. Felt like an ocean breeze. Ahhh.

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am
God has again remembered those dwelling in the Southwest Deserts. MoNsOoN has arrived, in force, and with booms and fire in the night sky last night.

Today? I actually felt a little chilly riding my bicycle. Felt like an ocean breeze. Ahhh.

:D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Rain. Beautiful rain.

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:32 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 pm
We'll begin to be skirted by some monsoon thunderstorms and lower temps early next week, but before that, the heat is being turned up again. 112 here on Friday; 118 in Phoenix. :dance:
Ah 6 degrees of freedom. You ask GA about that.

It's raining here as usual this summer. 18C and going down. This is summer? It's gonna kill the pool-boy if this keeps up.

How come we never hear aboot Australia, eh? We need stories of crackling cold and dire wolves mushing through the snow.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: RE: Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
We'll begin to be skirted by some monsoon thunderstorms and lower temps early next week, but before that, the heat is being turned up again. 112 here on Friday; 118 in Phoenix. :dance:

It's raining here as usual this summer. 18C and going down. This is summer? It's gonna kill the pool-boy if this keeps up.

How come we never hear aboot Australia, eh? We need stories of crackling cold and dire wolves mushing through the snow.
That's what our June was like. July has been nicer. 28 and sunny with nice breeze for a few days now. Sounds like tornado weather tomorrow for some parts of the province, though.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Typical mid-summer weather here the past few days, highs in the mid-eighties for an hour or do before cooling down to the low seventies after an afternoon shower.

Night time lows in the low fifties.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 am

It's nearly 8am; the street lights are still on and one dog is quaking under my chair. It might be storming...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am

Those really scorching days are, for the time being, gone. We are into the more moderate 80 low, 95-100 high monsoon pattern.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:29 am

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am
Those really scorching days are, for the time being, gone. We are into the more moderate 80 low, 95-100 high monsoon pattern.
As expected :)
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am

Skip wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 am
It's nearly 8am; the street lights are still on and one dog is quaking under my chair. It might be storming...
Some of the worst localized flooding I've seen in this town since we got here a couple decades ago. And we've got it easy compared to some towns around here.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Rusty

Re: RE: Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Rusty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:40 pm
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

That's what our June was like. July has been nicer. 28 and sunny with nice breeze for a few days now. Sounds like tornado weather tomorrow for some parts of the province, though.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Tornado weather? This is your idea of a nice breeze.

Where do we return this summer of rain and crappy weather for a refund?
Anybody wanna trade? No deal with those suffering floods.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 am

Everybody complains about the weather, but no one ever does anything about it.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Hot enough to send President Carter to the hospital. Sorry about that, eh.

https://www.chvnradio.com/news/former-p ... -he-s-okay

*I guess it says he was dehydrated, not suffering heat stroke, but I didn't want to search for the Canada in the news thread.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation