How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Rusty » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm
Don't tell Rusty's pool boy, but it's sunny and 33c here. That's like what, 93F? In the middle of September yet!
We took baby for her first beach day

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
They already know. 8O It's 25C and rising. Why that's almost 80F. Single digit overnight temperatures are ignored.

They're scrubbing the pool as a team! In all the cold and rain depression the algae proliferated. They think summer has just arrived. :confused:
They've forgotten about the frosty nights, the leaves changing, Rusty repairing the hockey goal and sharpening skates. Yep. We're in for a big fall. Somebody is going to drop a pumpkin on them. Winter is coming. 8)

Nice lookin' girls you have there!
A mood rises just to have.

Though it is not too sweet, the citreous marble design is refreshing womanfully, and a mood rises just to have.

~ Pen review (Onishi-seisakusho Fountain pen Acetate Lemon) on a Japanese site

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 pm

It was in the 90's today.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm
Don't tell Rusty's pool boy, but it's sunny and 33c here. That's like what, 93F? In the middle of September yet!
We took baby for her first beach day

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Congrats, Rev! Now I have to find a cigar to smoke.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Have had a very pleasant extended period of cooling here. Unusually cool for mid Sept. Monsoon appears to have fully retreated and we are back to getting several inches of wind again.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:58 am

Lots of days forecast with clouds here, which we like. The Arizona sun otherwise gets to be a little too much.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:14 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Have had a very pleasant extended period of cooling here. Unusually cool for mid Sept. Monsoon appears to have fully retreated and we are back to getting several inches of wind again.
Several inches? I thought we dealt with that. Unless it's a hurricane it's not several inches. :lol:

We're expecting snow this week. Lots of rain lately but the overnight temps are dipping below freezing. In recent years snow on Nov. 1st is a bit unusual but it wasn't in the past.

Today is sunny and windy after a lot of rain so I think this is my last opportunity to cut the overgrown lawn and I still have leaves and pine needles to rake too.
A mood rises just to have.

Though it is not too sweet, the citreous marble design is refreshing womanfully, and a mood rises just to have.

~ Pen review (Onishi-seisakusho Fountain pen Acetate Lemon) on a Japanese site

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 am

Rusty wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:14 am
Goose55 wrote:
Several inches? I thought we dealt with that. Unless it's a hurricane it's not several inches. :lol:

We're expecting snow this week. Lots of rain lately but the overnight temps are dipping below freezing. In recent years snow on Nov. 1st is a bit unusual but it wasn't in the past.

Today is sunny and windy after a lot of rain so I think this is my last opportunity to cut the overgrown lawn and I still have leaves and pine needles to rake too.
It's a metaphor. Since we get so few inches of rain here, we jest about wind coming in inches.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Lots of snow in the mountains - chain law in effect on the passes.
Raining here.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Cold and drizzle

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Ahh! RELIEF 64 - they say going up to 72! It's like Paradise after all our heat.
so 73
OH! 63
66 For Bakersfield, CA these numbers almost suggest: "Let's have a PARTY!" :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

80% chance of rain for trick or treat time.

Major suckage.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:27 pm

40F and clear. Not to bad. A few trick-or-treaters that I'm ignoring, letting the wife deal with the door.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:32 pm

37f up from 33f this morning. Obviously no sun today. It's fall though, what would we expect?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:38 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:32 pm
37f up from 33f this morning. Obviously no sun today. It's fall though, what would we expect?
Practicing up on roasting those Chestnuts for Christmas Eve?
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:14 am
Goose55 wrote:

You did not get any flooding, I take it?
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:27 am

Getting our first snow of the year. Big flakes, driven by the wind in fun, swirling patterns under the streetlights, that managed to keep landing in my pipe with a hiss.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:28 am

And by the time I left work I had to knock about four inches of powder off my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:22 am

I was in Phoenix yesterday and large billowy clouds brought with them considerably higher humidity I could feel.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am

Gawjuss here!

Not a cloud in the deep blue sky since Halloween.
Cold nights, cool days.

I love this time of year.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 pm

49 F, foggy, chilly.