How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by gaining_age » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:27 pm

High of 82 and low of 58. We're done with the 90s-- hoorah.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am

66 degrees, aiming for 79 degrees today; partly cloudy; humidity 45%; chance of rain 0%
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am
66 degrees, aiming for 79 degrees today; partly cloudy; humidity 45%; chance of rain 0%
Lately, we have had the same humidity level here, which has put me into a sweat with some yard work I did today. We have had lots of clouds, and highs around the same, 80. Usually this time of year we have about a 15-20% humidity

I've prepared my little raised box garden for spinach and lettuce, but am waiting for it to be a little cooler to plant primed seeds.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 am

Here, anyway, it looks like the warmest November on record w/ highs lately in the upper 80s; about 10 degrees above normal. But there is a cooling trend ahead and I have--again--primed some more spinach seeds. Primed by soaking, drying, and placing in an air tight jar they will sprout up in only 5 days. Primed, the seeds begin to send down a root almost immediately after planting.

But the warm weather created an extented window for me to put a heavy coat of elastomeric on the Arizona Room composition roll top roofing, preserving it indefinitely
Last edited by Goose55 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm

It's 82 today,.... supposed to reach 82 today. So? Well, that means it'll be getting warmer. We're ready for cooler temps to make pipe puffin' more enjoyable.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm
It's 82 today,.... supposed to reach 82 today. So? Well, that means it'll be getting warmer. We're ready for cooler temps to make pipe puffin' more enjoyable.
82 sounds pretty good to me. It's in the mid 20's here and snowing quite a bit. I'm not sure that's better. Watching flakes of snow melt on the rim of your pipe isn't all that interesting. With snow falling there is a quiet that is quite noticeable. When the temps drop like a rock well below zero that changes the perception of noise too. It's louder.

It's pool boy hibernation time.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:15 pm

We've just had two completely overcast days in a row, which is very unusual. A weather system up from the Sea of Cortes

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm

We've been very warm lately. Right around freezing for a couple weeks. Beauty

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:58 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm
Going to be cold here in a few days, with highs in mid 60s. And I did finally plant the other day Red Romaine and Spinach in my little raised box garden. Hoping my priming the spinach seeds will result in quick sprouting.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Mahvelous. Simply mahvelous.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:58 am
ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm
Going to be cold here in a few days, with highs in mid 60s. And I did finally plant the other day Red Romaine and Spinach in my little raised box garden. Hoping my priming the spinach seeds will result in quick sprouting.
Fun to read about different norms ie what is cold and what is warm. Anything over freezing is considered warm in most of Canada lately. Anything in the mid 60's would be considered unusual and hot. It's rare but it has happened. Gardeners really worry about perennials etc when the temps go up so high (mid 60's) in winter. It was 42 F today and overcast but to me it was quite warm and I left the coat inside when I went out. It's even more pronounced in late winter/very early spring with the young. If the temp. is over 40 F & sunny the kids immediately dump the coats, gloves, boots, and more and return to shorts and sweatshirts though there may be a lot of snow evident but the streets are clear and it's warm.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Twas about 45 F here today. Took the dog to the park, much to her joy. Unalloyed dogging, and an impromptu baseball game with a big stick and a found tennis ball for the kids. Found 6 blooming dandelions.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am

9 am and presently 55 F and sunny, with a slight breeze from the north

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 am

71 F and partly cloudy
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm

51 degrees, trying to reach 57 today. Had our first light frost last night on roof tops. HOT coffee goes good on such mornings!
Soli Deo Gloria!

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 pm

11 am and cloudy, 52 degrees. We went from being unusually warm a week ago to now being unusually cool. And more than usual gray overcast cloudiness

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Bah. Winter came back. Couple inches of snow yesterday and now wind chills around -25.

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm
Bah. Winter came back. Couple inches of snow yesterday and now wind chills around -25.

- 25? :? It was 60 degrees in the Arizona Rm when I stepped out there for my evening pipe and libation. I felt so cold I had to go in and get a coat. And I already had on a long sleeve shirt and hoody.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Goose55 wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm

- 25? :? It was 60 degrees in the Arizona Rm when I stepped out there for my evening pipe and libation. I felt so cold I had to go in and get a coat. And I already had on a long sleeve shirt and hoody.
You should come for a visit in late January/early February haha

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Cold. And windy. I can deal with the cold. Stupid wind.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley