True or False: US Landed on Moon in 1969

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

US Landed on Moon in 1969

True
83%
False
17%

Total votes: 76

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Re: True or False: US Landed on Moon in 1969

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:05 pm

I don't know why they're being so hard on them... Isn't "There’s a Zombie in Guangzhou" a famous song?

I'd just like to address the Chinese Christians that sneek in here: The Americans, Brits, Swiss, Norwegians, etc ALL have Zombies without any State punishment at all. Christians have demons too. Hell, the French are Zombies. I'm pretty sure they have werewolves too.
Psst: It's time to send all the Zombies and other creatures to Tiananmen Square to demonstrate for freedom! FREEDOM!

Bob, do you think this is a news thread? Maybe you need yet another Misc news thread?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:28 pm

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 pm

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 pm

"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:36 pm

OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.
I find conspiracy theories fascinating, in general, but this reptilian/humanoid belief is engrossing. How did it start? Why does it persist? It is one of the older conspiracies out there. I have no idea how a rational person could believe it but there is evidence for this belief spanning over 200 years. Amazing.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:05 pm

This needs more of the article copied into the post. You didn't even take the article title.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

OldWorldSwine

Post by OldWorldSwine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:30 pm

UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.
I find conspiracy theories fascinating, in general, but this reptilian/humanoid belief is engrossing. How did it start? Why does it persist? It is one of the older conspiracies out there. I have no idea how a rational person could believe it but there is evidence for this belief spanning over 200 years. Amazing.
It is fascinating, and baffling. How does one come to a point where these things seem plausible? I know someone who, within 24 hours and with absolutely no direct evidence, was convinced beyond doubt that justice Scalia was murdered, in response to which I can only manage to stammer soundlessly. I can't get "WTF" out. Can't even manage the "W".
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:56 pm

OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.
It is fascinating, and baffling. How does one come to a point where these things seem plausible? I know someone who, within 24 hours and with absolutely no direct evidence, was convinced beyond doubt that justice Scalia was murdered, in response to which I can only manage to stammer soundlessly. I can't get "WTF" out. Can't even manage the "W".
Wow. There is so little out there trying to understand this thinking and most of what is out there either describes the phenomenon or tries to come up with what to do with them from various positions. This article is fairly recent and interesting: Conspiracy Theories.

There seems to be a theme, though, about "crippled epistemology". That does seem to explain the "how" but not the "why".

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:43 pm

UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.
These people vote and live in our communities.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Rusty wrote:
This needs more of the article copied into the post. You didn't even take the article title.
Pssh. Canadians.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am

+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.
Wow. There is so little out there trying to understand this thinking and most of what is out there either describes the phenomenon or tries to come up with what to do with them from various positions. This article is fairly recent and interesting: Conspiracy Theories.

There seems to be a theme, though, about "crippled epistemology". That does seem to explain the "how" but not the "why".
I'd say that it is less about a crippled epistemology and more about a crisis of metanarrative unfolding within a postmodern matrix.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:46 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

I'd say that it is less about a crippled epistemology and more about a crisis of metanarrative unfolding within a postmodern matrix.
Spoken like a true champion of the common man. :lol:

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:17 pm

jruegg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

Heh.

I know "why". People want answers. Not the actual answers which are complex, difficult to understand, and unsatisfyingly fail to harmonise with preconceived simplistic assumptions about the world. But answers which instantly put them into the special group of those who really know, and satisfyingly blame someone.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 pm

jruegg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

Look, the common man is terribly important. But that doesn't mean anyone wants to TALK to the bozo.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:19 am

hugodrax wrote:
jruegg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

Look, the common man is terribly important. But that doesn't mean anyone wants to TALK to the bozo.
Or with a vocabulary and syntax they'd comprehend.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:18 am

jruegg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
jruegg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

u
Please rephrase that in the form of a sentence, Reverend.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

hugodrax wrote:
jruegg wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
jruegg wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:
I'm convinced.

Please rephrase that in the form of a sentence, Reverend.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:34 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:I've never complanined about anyone on CPS ever in a PM. I have locked horns a couple of times openly. I find it hard to believe an adult would whine to the mods/admins about another member here but I also find it hard to believe we went to the moon in 1969 with the computers we had then.

I know that both happen/happened but I still find it hard to believe.

And I didn't vote one way or the other.
Man. I get bawled out in a PM fairly regular.
Had my first angry PM sent to me just recently.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.