What the hell, Wisconsin?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Re: What the hell, Wisconsin?

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 pm

This thread brings back old memories. :lol:

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 pm
This thread brings back old memories. :lol:
This thread is a living zombie, right?

I thought this was going to be about the Op Ed page in the Wall Street Journal last weekend. They published a long article on the transition of Wisconsin from the birthplace of progressivism into a reddish-&-turning-redder state.

I won't go into detail. Two points:

- WSJ lays most of the blame on the Democratic Party of Wisconsin itself, and the anti-Walker protests & recall election. They made a lot of noise, but they did not offer us any better ideas or alternatives. This alienated Wisconsin voters.

- WSJ said that Democrats are now so demoralized that they could not even field a liberal candidate to run against the conservative incumbent for Wisconsin's Supreme Court. (Justices are elected, serving 10-year terms. Technically they are non-partisan, but folks know the "liberal" justices from the "conservative" ones. In 2011, the Progressives pitched a fierce battle to win a Supreme Court seat and hope to reverse Walker's budget bill. They lost by a sliver.)
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Thunktank wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:28 pm
infidel wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:23 pm
http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/foo ... s-us-state
Under a 1970 law all butter sold in the state must be subjected to scrutiny by a panel, which recently ruled Kerrygold was not compliant. Their problem with Kerrygold’s products was that the cattle who produce the milk for the cheese and butter are grass fed, something the panel ruled was against state law.
I was going tell Wisconsin to EFF OFF and boycott Wisconsin butter, but I already buy only Kerrygold anyways! SUCK ON THAT, WISCONSIN! :cheese:
That Kerrygold is expensive! Double the price of California made butter for me. I picked some butter up an hour ago and your post made me go looking for Kerrygold. Does it taste twice as good?
I first bought it because of the grass fed cows and we like it so we stuck with it.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 am

infidel wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am
Thunktank wrote:
infidel wrote:
Under a 1970 law all butter sold in the state must be subjected to scrutiny by a panel, which recently ruled Kerrygold was not compliant. Their problem with Kerrygold’s products was that the cattle who produce the milk for the cheese and butter are grass fed, something the panel ruled was against state law.
I was going tell Wisconsin to EFF OFF and boycott Wisconsin butter, but I already buy only Kerrygold anyways! SUCK ON THAT, WISCONSIN! :cheese:
That Kerrygold is expensive! Double the price of California made butter for me. I picked some butter up an hour ago and your post made me go looking for Kerrygold. Does it taste twice as good?
I first bought it because of the grass fed cows and we like it so we stuck with it.
I like grass fed cows. Two of my three brothers raise a few grass fed cattle for the meat market. My folks have 44 acres of pasture land in PA. It's a darn shame that Wisconsin regulates against it, grass fed is better for us. Personally, I never tasted much difference between butter though.
It’s almost believable, but I love it most of the time whether it’s true or not.

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:37 pm

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 am
infidel wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am
Thunktank wrote:
infidel wrote:
I like grass fed cows. Two of my three brothers raise a few grass fed cattle for the meat market. My folks have 44 acres of pasture land in PA. It's a darn shame that Wisconsin regulates against it, grass fed is better for us. Personally, I never tasted much difference between butter though.
Love gra$$ feed beef. It ta$te$ beefier. It'$ leaner and it cook$ fa$ter. Oh, but for the co$t.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Pres. Trump announces that FoxConn (a video display manufacturing company) will build a YUGE factory in southeast Wisconsin. 13,000 jobs (avg $53k/yr). $10B investment.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017 ... 512077001/
The deal won bipartisan praise, though some Democrats also expressed concerns about the size of the incentive package.
There's always a killjoy or two.

Video at the President's twitter:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9126805504

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am

Obviously, we need a higher level of government regulators to regulate the regulators over the lower level regulations.

To prevent abuse and corruption, of course.

Del

Post by Del » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 pm