Most recent coffee (or tea)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
CaptainMathias
Inadequately tender breasts
Inadequately tender breasts

Post by CaptainMathias » Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Barry's black tea two sugers and some whole milk
Orjner gur zhttyrf ROT13

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri May 20, 2011 5:35 pm

My friend is a barista at Starbucks. A few months ago they started brewing a Shade Grown Mexican blend of coffee that quickly gained the affectionate nickname, Shady Mexican. I'm drinking some Shady Mexican right now.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Fri May 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow, this thread should be popular here. 8 O' Clock coffee this morning. Nothing special, I know, just saving money for a couple weeks, and then the good stuff will taste so much better...
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm

oriental spice iced
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri May 20, 2011 7:03 pm

I boycott Starbuck coffee, because their corporate office supports a number of organizational efforts that are repugnant to Christians. And they're ghey.

there's always a mom-&-pop coffee shop within a short distance....

Today, I opened some Mystic Monk special blend from Papua New Guinea. It was a limited edition.... and I'm sorry I tried it, because it is really good and no longer available.

Real, young Carmelite monks in Wyonming; really good coffee. Support your local Christian monastery.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

jo533281
like R2D2, just not as cool
like R2D2, just not as cool

Post by jo533281 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:15 pm

My favorite tea, Passion, by Tazo
"This is not facebook, we are not here to boost your self esteem or hang on your every word." -Zed-

"It's all right, Andy! It's just bolognaise!"

Most Likely to Draw Pirates with a Post

Shawn_M
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Shawn_M » Fri May 20, 2011 8:31 pm

I have a blend of three different coffee beans I mix together in a turkish grind. A friend of mine upon sampling it called it a "Guam Turnaround".

As he put it "one cup of this, and you can drive to Guam and turn around without sleeping."
One day the beard will look up and whisper; "shave us". And I shall look down and whisper; "no".

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Shawn_M wrote:drive to Guam
I'll have to try that.
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

mkbolivianwonder
Congregation
Congregation

Post by mkbolivianwonder » Fri May 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Oooh, i've got to leave this thread. My doc has taken me off all methyl xanthines. No coffee, no tea. :( :( :(

Shawn_M
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Shawn_M » Fri May 20, 2011 9:18 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:
I'll have to try that.
Geography and the laws of physics was not my friend's strong suit sad to say.

Of course the huge mega dose of caffeine might have been a factor.
One day the beard will look up and whisper; "shave us". And I shall look down and whisper; "no".

james-owen
Minister of Whippersnappery

Post by james-owen » Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:
I'll have to try that.
It's a pretty good trip.
"May my last breath be drawn through a pipe, and exhaled in a jest."
-Charles Lamb   http://www.tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=1571

james-owen

Post by james-owen » Sun May 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Lapsang
"May my last breath be drawn through a pipe, and exhaled in a jest."
-Charles Lamb   http://www.tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=1571

hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)

Post by hogleg » Sun May 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Tetley's. Iced. In a stadium cup from the Washington Nationals and Florida Marlin's game last Saturday.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Mon May 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Sunday morning before striking camp with my parish's Boy Scout Troop I fired up my enamel coffee boiler and boiled one gallon of camp coffee. It was well appreciated by the Geezer Patrol.

Unfortunately when we returned home I rinsed it out and left it on the drainboard to dry and my bride,thinking it was dirty washed it with detergent :P Probably no permanent damage done but darn it that coffee was tasting mighty good. Another 20 or 30 gallons and it should be back to normal.

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Wed May 25, 2011 10:33 am

Currently drinking Didier Reinoso's blend by MadCap Coffee.

MadCap is a local Grand Rapids coffee shop that has only been in business for a couple years but has quickly garnered national attention for their award winning blends.

It's a pretty fly little company. The two owners will travel the globe in search of small farmers who grow exceptional coffees. They will foster a relationship with the farmers and over pay them on purpose, sorta a 'overly fair trade' kinda thing.

Didier Reinoso is one of MadCap's newer blends named after the farmer they purchased the beans from. MadCap sells two blends from the Reinoso farm, the "Didier" blend and the "Luis" blend.
Didier and Luis are brothers and each harvests one side of the farm on either side of the mountain they inhabit in Columbia.

Although Luis and Didier have very similar growing practices and the coffees were processed in the same manner, due to slight differences in the terrior and micro climate there are large distinctions between the two coffees.

All that to say, I'm drinking the Didier blend. It's quite tasty, vibrant acidity with Grapefruit notes.
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 am

TwoXseveN wrote:Currently drinking Didier Reinoso's blend by MadCap Coffee.

MadCap is a local Grand Rapids coffee shop that has only been in business for a couple years but has quickly garnered national attention for their award winning blends.

It's a pretty fly little company. The two owners will travel the globe in search of small farmers who grow exceptional coffees. They will foster a relationship with the farmers and over pay them on purpose, sorta a 'overly fair trade' kinda thing.

Didier Reinoso is one of MadCap's newer blends named after the farmer they purchased the beans from. MadCap sells two blends from the Reinoso farm, the "Didier" blend and the "Luis" blend.
Didier and Luis are brothers and each harvests one side of the farm on either side of the mountain they inhabit in Columbia.

Although Luis and Didier have very similar growing practices and the coffees were processed in the same manner, due to slight differences in the terrior and micro climate there are large distinctions between the two coffees.

All that to say, I'm drinking the Didier blend. It's quite tasty, vibrant acidity with Grapefruit notes.
Now that is a review.

Sufficiently jealous you have such a great local shop so close to you, and that you have access to the stories behind the blends.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Wed May 25, 2011 10:39 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
TwoXseveN wrote:Currently drinking Didier Reinoso's blend by MadCap Coffee.

Now that is a review.

Sufficiently jealous you have such a great local shop so close to you, and that you have access to the stories behind the blends.
The stories behind the coffee are a result of my wife's photography business, we've done several shoots in and around their little shop. We'll ask permission of a business if we plan on photographing in their building (typically they welcome the free advertising). After shooting at MadCap enough times, we've gotten to know the owners. Hence, we'll get to talking and hear stories of their adventures. Pretty neat.

Murf
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Murf » Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 am

Coffee is divine. Isn't there a bit of an urban legend floating about that we can thank coffee drinking for helping Europe exit the Middle Ages?
It's easier to force feed people than it is to give 'em what they want. It makes more money.      -Merle Haggard

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 am

Murf wrote:Coffee is divine. Isn't there a bit of an urban legend floating about that we can thank coffee drinking for helping Europe exit the Middle Ages?
coffee and beer get tied into those urban legends.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm

I had some weak decaf at the corner diner this morning. I loaded it with sugar and cream, something I don't normally do.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH