Whats for breakfast?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sideache
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by sideache » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 am

The lovely Mrs made egg & BACON sandwiches.
http://www.cliffcramp.com

"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean."- G. K. Chesterton

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Breakfast tomorrow will be around noon, after church, but on Sunday I almost always do a breakfast-style meal after church. Tomorrow will be representative of what I usually do: authentic stone-ground yellow grits (probably with cheese), a couple of fried eggs, and of course, bacon!
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 am

Leftovers from my early morning (3 o'clock am) meal with the lady friend.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 am

Skipped church this morning. Had my usual Oatmeal with yogurt, blueberries and raw pecans, an egg, pineapple OJ and coffee.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 am

Oatmeal. Egg. Biscuit. Coffee.

GabeSyme
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by GabeSyme » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Eggs with cheddar and paprika.
Yes, the most poetical thing, more poetical than the flowers, more poetical than the stars - the most poetical thing in the world is not being sick. - Thursday by G. K. Chesterton "Da per Matrem ad venire"

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Pancakes & bacon. Oh, yeah.
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:20 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:Breakfast tomorrow will be around noon, after church, but on Sunday I almost always do a breakfast-style meal after church. Tomorrow will be representative of what I usually do: authentic stone-ground yellow grits (probably with cheese), a couple of fried eggs, and of course, bacon!
Cooking this now-late breakfast. I had more bacon left than I thought, so I'm frying it all up and will make BLTs later.
Audita Musarum sacerdos

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 am

Steel cut oats and barley.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

sideache
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by sideache » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am

Bacon and eggs
http://www.cliffcramp.com

"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean."- G. K. Chesterton

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 am

Sausage (ok, it's almost as good as bacon), fried eggs with my homemade jalapeno sauce, and cheese grits. Yoda is sharing, and in fact it's hard to keep him away from the plate long enough to type this post!

My local grocery has continued their habit of discontinuing a product as soon as I start to really like it, and buy it all the time. This time, it's the authentic stone-ground grits. Today's grits are (barf) plain old Quaker Grits. Guess I'll have to look online for the real stuff.
Audita Musarum sacerdos

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 am

honey bunches with almonds & a sliced bannana in 2%

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 am

colton wrote:Two hard-boiled eggs with Celtic sea salt, a hunk of sharp cheddar cheese, and gas-station coffee.

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:29 am

Irish-Dane wrote:Leftovers from my early morning (3 o'clock am) meal with the lady friend.
Ohh, I-D! Not THE lady friend!

"MY lady friend" sounds so much more endearing.

Back to breakfast, I'm having oatmeal and coffee.
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.

Post by gravel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 am

Hot Oat Bran cereal, agave nectar, raisins and fresh roasted coffee.

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:My local grocery has continued their habit of discontinuing a product as soon as I start to really like it, and buy it all the time. This time, it's the authentic stone-ground grits. Today's grits are (barf) plain old Quaker Grits. Guess I'll have to look online for the real stuff.
After my little diatribe here about "real" grits, I just now ordered 10 pounds of the yellow stone ground variety from Old Mill. $14.95 and $8.95 shipping, but now I can have what I consider to be real grits for breakfast for a long time, especially as I only really eat breakfast a couple days a week. I'm told there are even some "Yankees" who like the yellow variety of grits. Believe me, they are much better than mass-produced Quaker Grits, like the cheapest OTC aromatic you can think of compared to a fine Virginia from SG or McClelland.
Audita Musarum sacerdos

graperonto
Usher
Usher

Post by graperonto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm

A bowl of Frosted Flakes
A banana
A few small chunks of 7-year-old sharp cheddar cheese

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:30 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:
fisherofpipes wrote:My local grocery has continued their habit of discontinuing a product as soon as I start to really like it, and buy it all the time. This time, it's the authentic stone-ground grits. Today's grits are (barf) plain old Quaker Grits. Guess I'll have to look online for the real stuff.
After my little diatribe here about "real" grits, I just now ordered 10 pounds of the yellow stone ground variety from Old Mill. $14.95 and $8.95 shipping, but now I can have what I consider to be real grits for breakfast for a long time, especially as I only really eat breakfast a couple days a week. I'm told there are even some "Yankees" who like the yellow variety of grits. Believe me, they are much better than mass-produced Quaker Grits, like the cheapest OTC aromatic you can think of compared to a fine Virginia from SG or McClelland.
mmm.... stone ground grits... man. That's been awhile. Haven't bought any since the last time we were in Charleston, SC. Mrs. Gabriel makes some fantastic creamy style white grits. Superb with bacon, coffee, and Prince Albert. :D
Sola Deo Gloria

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Gabriel wrote:
fisherofpipes wrote:
mmm.... stone ground grits... man. That's been awhile. Haven't bought any since the last time we were in Charleston, SC. Mrs. Gabriel makes some fantastic creamy style white grits. Superb with bacon, coffee, and Prince Albert. :D
Yeah, creamy white isn't really so bad as I was making out, but once you have those yellow stone ground, whew, baby!
Audita Musarum sacerdos

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

fisherofpipes wrote:
Of course by now, my grits have arrived, and are stuffed into two large plastic containers in the fridge, since it might take me a couple years to eat all those grits; I don't have a real breakfast but a couple days a week, and it's usually more like at lunchtime.

That is the plan for right now: I'm going to make some of those grits (with cheese: hey, I'm a CPSer!) and cook up four slices of thick-cut bacon and a fried egg to go with them.
Audita Musarum sacerdos