Science in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Re: Science in the News

Post by wosbald » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 pm

+JMJ+

New research: Shroud of Turin bears blood of a torture victim
Shroud of Turin featuring positive (L) and negative (R) digital filters. (Credit: Dianelos Georgoudis via Wikimedia Commons.)

Among the most well-known relics believed to be connected with Jesus Christ’s Passion, the Shroud of Turin has been venerated for centuries by Christians as the burial shroud of Jesus. It has been subject to intense scientific study to ascertain its authenticity, and the origins of the image. New research claims the shroud has high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin, found in patients who suffer forceful multiple traumas like torture.

New research indicates that the Shroud of Turin shows signs of blood from a torture victim, and undermines arguments that the reputed burial shroud of Jesus Christ was painted.

Very small particles attached to the linen fibers of the shroud “have recorded a scenario of great suffering, whose victim was wrapped up in the funeral cloth,” said Elvio Carlino, a researcher at the Institute of Crystallography.

These particles, called “nanoparticles,” had a “peculiar structure, size and distribution,” said University of Padua professor Giulio Fanti.

And the nanoparticles are not typical of the blood of a healthy person. Rather, they show high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin, found in patients who suffer forceful multiple traumas like torture.

“Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud,” Fanti said.

The shroud’s latest researchers published their findings and measurements in the U.S. open-access peer-reviewed journal PlosOne, in an article titled “New Biological Evidence from Atomic Resolution Studies on the Turin Shroud,” the Turin-based newspaper La Stampa’s Vatican Insider reports.

The findings contradict claims that the shroud is a painted object - claims which are common among those who suggest it is a medieval forgery. The characteristics of these particles “cannot be artifacts made over the centuries on the fabric of the Shroud,” Fanti said. …

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

+JMJ+

'Peculiar' radio signals emerge from nearby star
EUROPEAN SOUTHERN OBSERVATORY/AFP/File / NASA/ESA/HUBBLE

Some very "peculiar signals" have been noticed coming from a star just 11 light-years away, scientists in Puerto Rico say.

The mystery has gripped the internet as speculation mounts about the potential for a discovery of alien life on the red dwarf star known as Ross 128 -- despite the best attempts of astronomers to put such rumors to rest.

"In case you are wondering, the recurrent aliens hypothesis is at the bottom of many other better explanations," said a blog post by Abel Mendez, director of the Planetary Habitability Laboratory at the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo.

Something unusual first came to light in April and May, when the team was studying a series of small and relatively cool red dwarf stars, some of which are known to have planets circling them.

[…]

There are three main possibilities to explain the bursts.

They could be emissions similar to solar flares.

They could be emissions from another object in the field of view of Ross 128.

Or they might be a burst from a high orbit satellite, Mendez wrote. …

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 am

wosbald wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 pm
+JMJ+

New research: Shroud of Turin bears blood of a torture victim
Shroud of Turin featuring positive (L) and negative (R) digital filters. (Credit: Dianelos Georgoudis via Wikimedia Commons.)

Among the most well-known relics believed to be connected with Jesus Christ’s Passion, the Shroud of Turin has been venerated for centuries by Christians as the burial shroud of Jesus. It has been subject to intense scientific study to ascertain its authenticity, and the origins of the image. New research claims the shroud has high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin, found in patients who suffer forceful multiple traumas like torture.

New research indicates that the Shroud of Turin shows signs of blood from a torture victim, and undermines arguments that the reputed burial shroud of Jesus Christ was painted.

Very small particles attached to the linen fibers of the shroud “have recorded a scenario of great suffering, whose victim was wrapped up in the funeral cloth,” said Elvio Carlino, a researcher at the Institute of Crystallography.

These particles, called “nanoparticles,” had a “peculiar structure, size and distribution,” said University of Padua professor Giulio Fanti.

And the nanoparticles are not typical of the blood of a healthy person. Rather, they show high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin, found in patients who suffer forceful multiple traumas like torture.

“Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud,” Fanti said.

The shroud’s latest researchers published their findings and measurements in the U.S. open-access peer-reviewed journal PlosOne, in an article titled “New Biological Evidence from Atomic Resolution Studies on the Turin Shroud,” the Turin-based newspaper La Stampa’s Vatican Insider reports.

The findings contradict claims that the shroud is a painted object - claims which are common among those who suggest it is a medieval forgery. The characteristics of these particles “cannot be artifacts made over the centuries on the fabric of the Shroud,” Fanti said. …
Interesting.

I know creatinine is produced when muscle breaks down during extreme exertion - like being flogged, having to carry a heavy cross, and having to hold yourself up in the cross position.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:24 am

STUDY: Uranus Opens And Closes Daily To Release Solar Wind
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18729/stu ... stigiacomo
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm

It's somewhat rare to see Catholic priests using physics to illustrate or introduce principles in theology, esp. if they are untrained in physics. This is a short article by Fr. George Rutler from the Church St. Michael the Archangel in NYC. It's his July 9th Column.

http://www.stmichaelnyc.com/fr-rutlers-column-1

It's interesting for a couple of reasons. 1) He's got the physics history wrong (Einstein's Unified Field Theory was about unifying the two great classical field theories, electromagnetism and general relativity, not any Quantum Theory). But more importantly, 2) Fr. Rutler articulates, what appears to me to be, the central preoccupation in Christianity in contrast to the preoccupation of physics. And it's a solved problem in Theology. Unified Field Theory is not a solved problem in physics, whether in the limited context that Einstein tried to address or in the modern context, which Rutler's terms actually refer to. Rutler's theology is world's away from the mission that physics wrestles with so that I wonder why he would choose physics. I've commented before that the world science describes is diverging sharply from the world that religion describes. I've never seen a priest actually take this on so explicitly.
... I know, however, that the Divine Intelligence who made all things, came into his own creation and told us all we need to know in order to live forever: “The Word (Logos) was made flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:14) and the darkness of ignorance has never cancelled out that light of truth.

As for a unified theory of everything, Christ the Logos showed that everything in creation is “contingent,” that is, connected to him, from the light at the farthest rim of the universe to the light that shone in Bethlehem at his earthly birth. All that exists is related to him and depends on him: “Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our sufficiency is in him” (2 Cor. 3:5).

A unified field theory is child’s play compared to the mystery that explains eternity as well as time. Jesus knew that this would be beyond our intelligence, even with right and left brain lobes combined, so he allowed: “I have yet many things to say to you: but you cannot bear them now” (John 16:12). He was hinting at that theological contingency by which everything influences everything else. For the moment, all we need to know is that God who “-ists” enables us to “exist” and that we can become what he wants us to be by our association with him, in the sacramental life. Christ’s unified fact, not a theory, transcends the most cogent speculations of the earthly physicists. He prayed to his Divine Father: “I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me” (John 17:23).

If our world seems to be spinning out of control in its terrors and perversions, that is only because it has separated from Christ. “In him all things hold together” (Col. 1:17).
It's a very interesting mind that puts these two ideas together. Why do you think he did this?
Child's play, eh? No, apparently not. At what speed does contingency propagate?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Rusty wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm
It's somewhat rare to see Catholic priests using physics to illustrate or introduce principles in theology, esp. if they are untrained in physics. This is a short article by Fr. George Rutler from the Church St. Michael the Archangel in NYC. It's his July 9th Column.

It's interesting for a couple of reasons. 1) He's got the physics history wrong (Einstein's Unified Field Theory was about unifying the two great classical field theories, electromagnetism and general relativity, not any Quantum Theory). But more importantly, 2) Fr. Rutler articulates, what appears to me to be, the central preoccupation in Christianity in contrast to the preoccupation of physics. And it's a solved problem in Theology. Unified Field Theory is not a solved problem in physics. Rutler's theology is world's away from the mission that physics wrestles with so that I wonder why he would choose physics. I've commented before that the world science describes is diverging sharply from the world that religion describes. I've never seen a priest actually take this on so explicitly.
... I know, however, that the Divine Intelligence who made all things, came into his own creation and told us all we need to know in order to live forever: “The Word (Logos) was made flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:14) and the darkness of ignorance has never cancelled out that light of truth.

As for a unified theory of everything, Christ the Logos showed that everything in creation is “contingent,” that is, connected to him, from the light at the farthest rim of the universe to the light that shone in Bethlehem at his earthly birth. All that exists is related to him and depends on him: “Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our sufficiency is in him” (2 Cor. 3:5).

A unified field theory is child’s play compared to the mystery that explains eternity as well as time. Jesus knew that this would be beyond our intelligence, even with right and left brain lobes combined, so he allowed: “I have yet many things to say to you: but you cannot bear them now” (John 16:12). He was hinting at that theological contingency by which everything influences everything else. For the moment, all we need to know is that God who “-ists” enables us to “exist” and that we can become what he wants us to be by our association with him, in the sacramental life. Christ’s unified fact, not a theory, transcends the most cogent speculations of the earthly physicists. He prayed to his Divine Father: “I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me” (John 17:23).

If our world seems to be spinning out of control in its terrors and perversions, that is only because it has separated from Christ. “In him all things hold together” (Col. 1:17).
It's a very interesting mind that puts these two ideas together. Why do you think he did this?
Child's play, eh? No, apparently not.
Hi Rusty,

I'll take a shot at this-- based upon the quoted portion. He is using a weak physical unification analogy to emphasize a strong "spiritual" unification. I use the term "weak" since there is an effort in physics to unify the field theories or beyond but it is the pursuit that continues vs. the author's perspective of the completeness of spiritual/physical unification in Christ. On the spiritual side, the connection is complete but unlike the physical we don't get to derive the equations of how it works. The faith is that creation and the sacrifice and the timing of events in creation are complete in God and through Jesus the son. Thus, the author sees a strong unified complete picture between the physical and spiritual as relates to the Biblical events and those spiritual aspects that continue on to those who have faith in Jesus. It is the physics of unification that we keep chipping away at to see how well that model upholds against the experiments in the real world.

Without the spiritual being observable from a cause and effect perspective-- like your attempt to measure prayer from observables while praying-- that may cause your frustration with the picture the author presents. The author has faith and trusts this is true on the completeness of the spiritual and physical with evidence of the past and Biblical statements. He does not seek to make testable measurements on his declarations on the complete picture.

It's a different perspective for sure for someone to have faith vs. a purely (or mostly) measurable consideration.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 pm
Rusty wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm

It's interesting for a couple of reasons. 1) He's got the physics history wrong (Einstein's Unified Field Theory was about unifying the two great classical field theories, electromagnetism and general relativity, not any Quantum Theory). But more importantly, 2) Fr. Rutler articulates, what appears to me to be, the central preoccupation in Christianity in contrast to the preoccupation of physics. And it's a solved problem in Theology. Unified Field Theory is not a solved problem in physics. Rutler's theology is world's away from the mission that physics wrestles with so that I wonder why he would choose physics. I've commented before that the world science describes is diverging sharply from the world that religion describes. I've never seen a priest actually take this on so explicitly.

Child's play, eh? No, apparently not.
Hi Rusty,

I'll take a shot at this-- based upon the quoted portion. He is using a weak physical unification analogy to emphasize a strong "spiritual" unification. I use the term "weak" since there is an effort in physics to unify the field theories or beyond but it is the pursuit that continues vs. the author's perspective of the completeness of spiritual/physical unification in Christ. On the spiritual side, the connection is complete but unlike the physical we don't get to derive the equations of how it works. The faith is that creation and the sacrifice and the timing of events in creation are complete in God and through Jesus the son. Thus, the author sees a strong unified complete picture between the physical and spiritual as relates to the Biblical events and those spiritual aspects that continue on to those who have faith in Jesus. It is the physics of unification that we keep chipping away at to see how well that model upholds against the experiments in the real world.

Without the spiritual being observable from a cause and effect perspective-- like your attempt to measure prayer from observables while praying-- that may cause your frustration with the picture the author presents. The author has faith and trusts this is true on the completeness of the spiritual and physical with evidence of the past and Biblical statements. He does not seek to make testable measurements on his declarations on the complete picture.

It's a different perspective for sure for someone to have faith vs. a purely (or mostly) measurable consideration.
I sensed that he was attempting to trump physics with theology. That he gets the history wrong as well as the idea of "theory" in science together with "fact" doesn't help his case unless one already believes. Rutler has a very pedestrian and incorrect idea of a scientific theory. And he has a strange idea of "fact". His "Christ the logos" is also a theory without any corroborating facts or evidence presented. We're used to this in theology but it stands out when compared with any science. It's all asserted on faith. I rather doubt that you would consider it a science. The two are not actually comparable at all. So his one-upmanship is advanced for what purpose? Who, that doesn't already believe, is going to be swayed? Nobody - is a good guess. His contingency argument is a causal connection and he pointedly says that everything influences everything else. You also point out a physical connection. The latter is likely false in our physical universe. Distances and speeds make his statement very unlikely (this is the cosmological horizon problem). Unless contingency has some different speed of propagation. I think his understanding of physics is flawed and so the one-upmanship is flawed as a strategy. But I really think it's interesting that he felt that Christ the Logos as an idea might benefit from being compared to physics. Why?

I think the article is interesting anyway though I'm disappointed with the lack of explanatory equations. Most people are not nearly as brave as Rutler in making public statements about other fields never mind employing them as he has. Maybe he has been talking to Michio Kaku? Michio was reported as having discovered God earlier this year. He has since cleared up that misunderstanding. God is a proposition that one can neither prove nor disprove according to Michio. But he does lapse into discussions of Einstein's idea of God. This may be bait for Catholic priests in the same city. Of course it could be Del got to Rutler as well. Del is fearless when it comes to making sweeping statements.

Incidentally, Wheeler did bring his students to Einstein's home for tea and discussion at least once. The course subject was Relativity. It's talked about here --> http://www.physics.umd.edu/news/poem.pdf <--- by some of the students who recalled that afternoon. An interesting short tidbit. I'm jealous.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm
+JMJ+

'Peculiar' radio signals emerge from nearby star
EUROPEAN SOUTHERN OBSERVATORY/AFP/File / NASA/ESA/HUBBLE

Some very "peculiar signals" have been noticed coming from a star just 11 light-years away, scientists in Puerto Rico say.

The mystery has gripped the internet as speculation mounts about the potential for a discovery of alien life on the red dwarf star known as Ross 128 -- despite the best attempts of astronomers to put such rumors to rest.

"In case you are wondering, the recurrent aliens hypothesis is at the bottom of many other better explanations," said a blog post by Abel Mendez, director of the Planetary Habitability Laboratory at the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo.

Something unusual first came to light in April and May, when the team was studying a series of small and relatively cool red dwarf stars, some of which are known to have planets circling them.

[…]

There are three main possibilities to explain the bursts.

They could be emissions similar to solar flares.

They could be emissions from another object in the field of view of Ross 128.

Or they might be a burst from a high orbit satellite, Mendez wrote. …
Bingo. They've converged on the third explanation.

'Mystery' signal from space is solved. It's not aliens.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Very cool book for you DIY brewers.

'Ancient Brews' reveals tasty history of alcohol

Patrick McGovern, a renowned scientist and passionate lover of fermented beverages, brings the history of ancient brewing alive with this fun, tempting and thought-provoking book. McGovern is director of the Biomolecular Archaeology Project at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. For more than three decades he's been a pioneer in archaeological chemistry—a field that combines old-school fieldwork with cutting-edge technology such as mass spectrometry and DNA analysis.

The new lab tools are able to identify the chemical makeup of astonishingly small beverage traces that remain on ancient artifacts, such as the stains on beverage containers found in the Egyptian pyramids. McGovern and other researchers then match the chemical fingerprints to various grains, fruits and spices, and come up with a kind of reverse recipe, brought to life thousands of years after the original beverage was originally consumed.

"Ancient Brews" is a geeky and tasty way to learn about ancient history, and the science of booze. McGovern explains the chemistry of fermentation, the molecular components of alcohol (two carbon atoms, six hydrogen, one oxygen) and how our love of alcohol probably originated more than 100 million years ago in the Cretaceous Period, when flowering plants appeared and fruit flies developed specific genes to process alcohol. (Humans still have some of those same genes, by the way.)

But McGovern isn't entrenched in the past. The book contains numerous recipes for home brewers, created in collaboration with Sam Calagione, founder of Delaware's Dogfish Head Brewery. There are also food suggestions based on archaeological findings, such as a lamb and lentil stew that was consumed around 800 B.C. at what was probably King Midas' funeral feast in what is now Turkey.
Amazon: Ancient Brews Rediscovered and Re-created
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Well of course it's definitely [wink][nudge][air-quotes]not aliens[/air-quotes][/nudge][/wink]
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 pm

In saliva, clues to a 'ghost' species of ancient human
In saliva, scientists have found hints that a "ghost" species of archaic humans may have contributed genetic material to ancestors of people living in Sub-Saharan Africa today.

"Our research traced the evolution of an important mucin protein called MUC7 that is found in saliva," he says. "When we looked at the history of the gene that codes for the protein, we see the signature of archaic admixture in modern day Sub-Saharan African populations."

As part of this investigation, the team examined the MUC7 gene in more than 2,500 modern human genomes. The analysis yielded a surprise: A group of genomes from Sub-Saharan Africa had a version of the gene that was wildly different from versions found in other modern humans.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:35 pm

infidel wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm
Rusty wrote:

Well of course it's definitely [wink][nudge][air-quotes]not aliens[/air-quotes][/nudge][/wink]
Now, now... crowing that you haven't been caught yet is risky.

This is not all that difficult. It's signal correlation. Ordinarily satellite signals are not part of their subject matter. But when it does happen it should not be that hard to verify the source.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:35 pm
infidel wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm
Rusty wrote:

Now, now... crowing that you haven't been caught yet is risky.

This is not all that difficult. It's signal correlation. Ordinarily satellite signals are not part of their subject matter. But when it does happen it should not be that hard to verify the source.
C-3PO wrote: Sir, I am fluent in six million forms of communication. This signal is not used by the Alliance. It could be an Imperial code.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 pm

How we really tamed the dog - A daring experiment builds a new tame species in just 60 years.

This is a really interesting experiment taming foxes, and the nature of domestication.

You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Arxiv: Riding Gravity Away from Doomsday

WTF? Wayyyy too much coffee. This is a cry for help. Relax, it's not imminent. Crazy. The author, if it is the author & I have my doubts, is a well known theoretical physicist too. Maybe he has been locked up.

Apparently, this is a submitted essay written for the Gravity Research Foundation 2015 Awards for Essays on Gravitation.

Oh boy.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm
Arxiv: Riding Gravity Away from Doomsday

WTF? Wayyyy too much coffee. This is a cry for help. Relax, it's not imminent. Crazy. The author, if it is the author & I have my doubts, is a well known theoretical physicist too. Maybe he has been locked up.

Apparently, this is a submitted essay written for the Gravity Research Foundation 2015 Awards for Essays on Gravitation.

Oh boy.
Looks like it could be good inspiration for a sci-fi book. Then become a TV series!

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:00 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Nautilus: Beyond Voyager - Scientist Fran Bagenal on what’s next for space exploration.

Really interesting and opinionated interview about planetary exploration, manned space flight, etc.

A bit of fun....

Nautilus: A Letter to Einstein from two physicists in 2017

We really ought to write a reply from Einstein. I'll bet nothing has changed. 8)
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am

The astonishing village where little girls turn into boys aged 12
In every way, Johnny is physically and biologically male. But, astonishingly he did not grow a penis until he hit puberty.

He is one of many children who live in Salinas, an isolated village in the southwestern Dominican Republic, who are seemingly born female, only to become men in their teenage years.

Although Johnny’s story may seem extraordinary, cases of little girls turning into boys are so prevalent in the village that it is no longer considered abnormal. The children are simply referred to as the ‘guevedoces’ – which literally translates as ‘penis at 12’
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip