Greatest Rants of CPS

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Re: Greatest Rants of CPS

Post by John-Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:25 am

Del wrote:This is so worthy.....
A_Morley wrote: Re: I had a great time at Del's house!
Swing and a miss. That wasn't a rant.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47 am

John-Boy wrote:
I know. Don't care.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
I know. Don't care.
LOL. Good call.
Praying - coco

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:16 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
I know. Don't care.
LOL. Good call.
dat iz Del, redfynng du kweshn to fit hiz ansr
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 and 2016 !!!

Del

Post by Del » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 pm

SockPuppeh wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
I know. Don't care.
LOL. Good call.
You are jealous, Mr. Puppeh, because none of your finest rants have yet to merit a mention in this thread.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:09 pm

A_Morley wrote:I do so wish that someone would explain why it is that so many of the supposed smokers on this forum still approach the pastime with this “Tee-hee. We’re just a little bit naughty, I hope my pastor/worship leader/wife doesn’t find out that I smoke once every two months.”

It’s really annoying to be constantly reminded that an activity is potentially unhealthy, especially by people who are supposed to be advocates and practitioners of that activity. If you like smoking a pipe, then smoke an ever loving pipe and stop being such a Nancy about it. The one greatest flaw of this generation is its unwillingness to do anything boldly.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Del wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
I know. Don't care.
LOL. Good call.
You are jealous, Mr. Puppeh, because none of your finest rants have yet to merit a mention in this thread.
kep seyn dat tu yrself end mabe it wil kum jus az tru az evre thng els yu kep seyn
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 and 2016 !!!

philofumo
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information

Post by philofumo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:10 pm

=D

kep seyn dat tu yrself end mabe it wil kum jus az tru az evre thng els yu kep seyn

Sockypoo, you sures gotta ways with them words,
and I like it.

Thank you for being you and everything that you do!

I'm too noobz to have a good history handle for the search-ups.

Good rants are hard to find around here!
Chip wrote:
Sam... actually that was not Irish Flake I gave you but... McBarens Navy Flake...
I'm so dissolusioned right now.
-Irish-Dane

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4440&start=20

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 pm

From "1001 Things that Annoy John-Boy"
coco wrote:
UncleBob wrote:Goats, in general.
Goats. And again I say, goats. Their incessant bleating, their appetite for things unmentionable, their pernicious desire to climb... Beelzebub himself is oft represented as a goat; for good reason. Never has a denizen of Hell been so worthy of the flames therein as a goat.

(Not the greatest rant, nor even a great rant, yet might give the newbies a little historical background.)
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:44 pm

coco wrote:
Joshoowah wrote: I don't even like the wafers...
Communion wafers can hardly be considered food, much less a nourishing dietary staple that a man might consider to be vital for life. They are saltless, tasteless, plastic-bagged, preservative-laden, shameful chips of chemically hardened foam, the product of the dystopian end of the Industrial Revolution by a society enamored with mass-produced, cheap goods rather than the beauty and holiness of the sacrament.
Praying - coco

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 pm

John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:
Communion wafers can hardly be considered food, much less a nourishing dietary staple that a man might consider to be vital for life. They are saltless, tasteless, plastic-bagged, preservative-laden, shameful chips of chemically hardened foam, the product of the dystopian end of the Industrial Revolution by a society enamored with mass-produced, cheap goods rather than the beauty and holiness of the sacrament.
Ha!

Beat me to it.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Remember that time DL Jake was stressed over finishing the new house, and moving, and work, and his fish bowls, and he almost flipped out and ranted?

Oh man, that would've been a good one.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:45 pm

FredS wrote:Remember that time DL Jake was stressed over finishing the new house, and moving, and work, and his fish bowls, and he almost flipped out and ranted?

HAHA... good times.
Praying - coco

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 pm

John-Boy wrote:
FredS wrote:Remember that time DL Jake was stressed over finishing the new house, and moving, and work, and his fish bowls, and he almost flipped out and ranted?

HAHA... good times.
Greatest Achievement in Rant-Avoidance?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:10 am

philofumo wrote:=D

Sockypoo, you sures gotta ways with them words,
and I like it.

Thank you for being you and everything that you do!

I'm too noobz to have a good history handle for the search-ups.

Good rants are hard to find around here!
Chip wrote:
Sam... actually that was not Irish Flake I gave you but... McBarens Navy Flake...
I'm so dissolusioned right now.
-Irish-Dane

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4440&start=20
Not really a rant, but that was a fun thread to go back and see my first thoughts on Irish Flake.

Now a good rant to find of mine would be where I did a pre-emptive, "shut your piehole" about the POY.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Del

Post by Del » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:03 am

John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:
My friend in high school had the job of sacristan (setting up the chapel for Mass). This meant that he had access to the unconsecrated altar wine.

And when he got the munchies, he would sometimes snack on the unconsecrated hosts... which were devastatingly bland, of course. However, they weren't bad if you held the host in the charcoal tongs (for the incense burner) and toasted them with an altar candle.

He named this treat Host Toasties.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:13 am

Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:
My friend in high school had the job of sacristan (setting up the chapel for Mass). This meant that he had access to the unconsecrated altar wine.

And when he got the munchies, he would sometimes snack on the unconsecrated hosts... which were devastatingly bland, of course. However, they weren't bad if you held the host in the charcoal tongs (for the incense burner) and toasted them with an altar candle.

You seem to know an awful lot about your "friend's" activities. Burn him, Wosbald!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:

This is why Midwestern cradle catholics are God's cruelest mistake.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:09 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:

...excepting, possibly, the French.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Skip wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
coco wrote:

...excepting, possibly, the French.
I've met tolerable, even likable, Frenchmen. This has yet to happen with these good ol' boy, gee shucks, herp derpers that Del and Hov so willfully represent.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS