What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4734
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by durangopipe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:52 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm
Here's a quite complicated project I just completed.
I'll break it down into steps. Try to follow along:

1) Take the tin your wife's Christmas present from your granddaughters' came in.
2) Stick some furry foam in it with double stick tape.

It's worth all the time and effort, believe me, to have another fly box.

Image

If you are truly fortunate, you'll have one of FredS's pipes to photograph it with.
Clever!

Is this a new pipe from Fred? It' very nice
No. I’ve enjoyed it for over a year.
It’s a fantastic smoker.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 am

I have to get my but in gear and restore/ replace the few flagstones that were removed in my side yard walkway when the electricians trenched to put the natural gas and electric conduit underground to the new mini power plant/ generator. I have just enough sand to place them on so it shouldn't take long.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm

I have a Comoy billiard that I got and I am restoring...it will, when finished be my biggest pipe.

The last exchange I had with Rusty was about buying pipes and the temptation to "add another one to the collection". I assured him I was done buying for a while and was just looking and not buying...he assured me that looking led to bidding and....then I won this Comoy. It will be the Rusty Pipe and will be the last one I buy for a while.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by FredS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Adapting plans for a farmhouse desk to fit and function in the space of my new office.

I have half a dozen ideas for furniture to fit the new house. I just need a day off with the temp >30 so I can get busy making stuff.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20318
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by JimVH » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Rebuilt most of the kitchen plumbing today and installed a new faucet. That in itself is no big deal, but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.

How 'bout this bad boy:

Image
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11147
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Gabriel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22323
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Hovannes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Replace the subflooring and tile the floor in the little bathroom off of the garage
Get the lawn mower working good
Dig up and replace the sprinkler pipe for the foundation plants I the front of the house
Sub for 8th Grade
Call a board meeting for High School Aquatic's Boosters
Assemble a 6'x8' shed
Send a copy of my capsule book review that just got published to the author, Fr Schall.
Whew!

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27305
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by coco » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15747
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by hugodrax » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm

coco wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™™.
Whoa. That ain't right.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4734
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™™™.
Whoa. That ain't right.

It ain’t over yet.
Middle of the night . . .

“Honey?
“Yes dear?”
“What’s that sound?”
“What sound?”
“Listen, that one. The one that sounds like running water.”
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20318
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by JimVH » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™™™™.
Whoa. That ain't right.

It ain’t over yet.
Middle of the night . . .

“Honey?
“Yes dear?”
“What’s that sound?”
“What sound?”
“Listen, that one. The one that sounds like running water.”
This trigger moment brought to you by the department of paranoia.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

Will be picking spinach soon. It is a bit of meticulous work as this variety can be harvested continually by pinching off the lower outer leaves.

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am
Will be picking spinach soon. It is a bit of meticulous work as this variety can be harvested continually by pinching off the lower outer leaves.

Image
Looks good. Whats the wire cover for?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20318
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by JimVH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™™™™™.
Whoa. That ain't right.

It ain’t over yet.
Middle of the night . . .

“Honey?
“Yes dear?”
“What’s that sound?”
“What sound?”
“Listen, that one. The one that sounds like running water.”
This trigger moment brought to you by the department of paranoia.
So, the bottom fell out of the sky last night about 10:30. Things played out just like you predicted as I heard the rain pelt the windows.

I'm not ashamed to say I had an unkind thought towards you, DP, as I went downstairs to look under the sink.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:09 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
...but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.
Witchcraft!
I can't relate™™™™™™.
Whoa. That ain't right.

It ain’t over yet.
Middle of the night . . .

“Honey?
“Yes dear?”
“What’s that sound?”
“What sound?”
“Listen, that one. The one that sounds like running water.”
This trigger moment brought to you by the department of paranoia.
So, the bottom fell out of the sky last night about 10:30. Things played out just like you predicted as I heard the rain pelt the windows.

I'm not ashamed to say I had an unkind thought towards you, DP, as I went downstairs to look under the sink.
I awoke to the same sound here at abt 3am, and the thought crossed my mind, whether or not you were checking out your sink. Now I know.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3420
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: USA, USA!!!

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am

JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
Rebuilt most of the kitchen plumbing today and installed a new faucet. That in itself is no big deal, but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.

How 'bout this bad boy:

Image
That is pretty steampunk.
Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:17 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 am
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am
Will be picking spinach soon. It is a bit of meticulous work as this variety can be harvested continually by pinching off the lower outer leaves.

Image
Looks good. Whats the wire cover for?
Serves two purposes. To keep the neighbors cat from using the box garden as a little box,... and to support a white sheet if days get too warm.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20318
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by JimVH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
Rebuilt most of the kitchen plumbing today and installed a new faucet. That in itself is no big deal, but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.

How 'bout this bad boy:

Image
That is pretty steampunk.
If you ever told me I'd reach a point in life that I was excited about a kitchen faucet...

It is pretty badass, though.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by FredS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:44 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am
GaryInVA wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm
Rebuilt most of the kitchen plumbing today and installed a new faucet. That in itself is no big deal, but the fact that I did it with only a single trip to the hardware store makes it a stinkin' victory.

How 'bout this bad boy:

Image
That is pretty steampunk.
If you ever told me I'd reach a point in life that I was excited about a kitchen faucet...

It is pretty badass, though.
If Lovely-Rita-Meter-Maid is anything like Mrs FredS, she'll leave the damned thing in spray mode and you won't realize it until you turn the water on while holding a cereal bowl a couple inches below the faucet. You won't be so excited then.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22323
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: What Are You Working On?

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Today I got quite a bit of work done on the sub flooring
I worked out at the gym and made a Costco trip, returning the paper shredder from hell.
I battened down the hatches on the rabbit's cage (its supposed to rain tonight)
I converted the guest WC to my temporary dark room to soup some 8x10 sheet film tonight.
I set up and re-configured my reloading press to pull down 100 outlawed in CA hunting rounds of factory .44 Magnum to salvage the components.
That's on tap for tonight as well.
Scratch the ammo pull down. The @#$&% collet won't grab on the !@#$%& bullets. I'll have to use a kinetic puller. This'll take days.
So it's on to the film developing!
Last edited by Hovannes on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply