What Are You Working On?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

What Are You Working On?

Post by FredS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm

The place to post all your projects that don't deserve their own thread. Work, home, church, art, music, poems, hobbies - whatever. As long as it's cool, and you're working on it, this is the place to share it.

(But be forewarned - if you share a poem yer probably gonna get some crap.)
Last edited by FredS on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

dasmokeryaget
Has short thumbs
Has short thumbs

Re: Waht Are You Working On?

Post by dasmokeryaget » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm

FredS wrote:The place to post all your projects that don't deserve their own thread. Work, home, church, art, music, poems, hobbies - whatever. As long as it's cool, and you're working on it, this is the place to share it.

(But be forewarned - if you share a poem yer probably gonna get some crap.)
Waht I'm working on is the barn and the living room. Having electrical difficulty.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Polished brass ceiling fans are so 1990's, so Mrs FredS has been replacing them as new ones are found on sale. (Actually, she buys them, I replace them.) $35 worth of conduit, bulb cages, and spray paint and a few hours work netted me a fan for the garage. The 'ceiling' I wanted to hang it on is just a drywall box around ducts so I had to make an exoskeleton for it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Re: Waht Are You Working On?

Post by FredS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

dasmokeryaget wrote:Waht I'm working on is the barn and the living room. Having electrical difficulty.
Ummm. Yeah. Good luck with that Das.

fisherofpipes
Episcopal shot pourer
Episcopal shot pourer

Post by fisherofpipes » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I'll refrain from posting any more music scores for a while, though the thing I'm working on now (though I'm in a bit of a hiatus) is too long to post anyway.
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo:
Favete linguis. Carmina non prius
Audita Musarum sacerdos
Virginibus puerisque canto.

Horace: Odes 3.1

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm working on the list of stuff that I'm working on.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Right now I'm putting some extra time in the office working on this:

At home I'm working on a bunch of different stuff. Maybe I'll dig up some pics soon.
Sola Deo Gloria

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Since my wife is a teacher she is home during the 12 or so weeks of summer vacation. It is good to come home to supper ready to eat, the laundry done, etc. But what also happens is that she thinks of stuff for me to do. Right now, I am in the process of fixing the drywall in the bathroom, which used to have wallpaper on it. She wants to paint it. She just finished up doing a super job on the dining room. I've tried to get her to take on some painting as a part-time job but she won't have it. Funny how I always have to do the rough-in and she gets to do the finish work.

Next, the kitchen cabinets. I sure look forward to the end of August.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Steve, I use a set of those blue plates as my everyday dishes. People gasp when they see them, what being antiques and all, but they're all I have.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I have two projects planned out with cut sheets and a buy-list. The first is an entertainment center for the new house. The second is a bookshelf with a pipe/tobacco cabinet that will be on the top.

It's time like this I really miss my Dad.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

micah
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by micah » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:21 pm

I'll post some pics when I get back home, but we just finished a 16'x20' pavilion in Flowers Bank, Belize. Literally deep in the jungle at a small native school. Its for the children to eat under when it it too hot for their small building and of course they can use it for other things as well.
Tomorrow we will be going to our sister church in Burrell Boom and working on a 32'x40' pavilion there. We've been working on it off and on the last few days as well and with the Lords help we will finish it by the end of the weekend.
We've been truly blessed on our mission and have had over 300 total in attendance at the VBS's we are putting on in both places.
It truly has been a blessing.
Smoking a cigar now listening to the beautiful sounds of the wildlife. relaxing a minute before bed and then up and gone again at daybreak.

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Okay, this thread is a bit more comprehensive, but...

modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26824
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:07 am

OldWorldSwine wrote:Okay, this thread is a bit more comprehensive, but...

Sorry OWS. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

OldWorldSwine

Post by OldWorldSwine » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

FredS wrote:
OldWorldSwine wrote:Okay, this thread is a bit more comprehensive, but...

Sorry OWS. Didn't mean to step on your toes.
That's the last straw! I'm gonna pull the trigger on my "I quit!" post! I mean it this time!

OldWorldSwine

Post by OldWorldSwine » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 am

It was the ceiling fan pic that jogged my memory, otherwise I had forgotten it, myself! As I do many things.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 am

Roadmaster wrote:I'm working on the list of stuff that I'm working on.
amen, brother
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:27 am

I got several projects and deadlines this weekend. Some of them are interesting.

- Pay bills and keep up with family finances

- Send out lease docs to renters, gather support docs on personal assets (all part of project to refinance rental properties, in the hope of finally enjoying some positive cash flow)

- Prepare for next week's Village party (I am volunteer organizer for all of grounds & facilities). I need to measure out detailed grounds map, ready to direct all tents, portapotties and dumpsters into place. Measure and paint ground markers. Gather all tools, ladders, duct tape and zip ties into the van. Pick up trash bin liners from supplier. Schedule of volunteer clean-uppers. Etc.

- Plan for vacation to Chestercon at Reno, the following week after village festival.

- Avoid Dear Wife and her garage-cleaning project.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 am

Daughter #3 and I want to buy some modercycles (Yamaha XS650's) and chop them this winter, but I have way too many half-finished projects cluttering the garage. That's the reason for the ceiling fan - so we can work out there during the heat to get some of them finished. But I've already called it a day and come inside at only 1100. Temp headed toward 108 today.

Here's one I have to get out of the way. It's a 1981 Honda ATC 200. My FIL gave it to me a few years ago. It doesn't run. I thought about giving to a neighbor just to get it out of my way, but a little research shows these things are worth $1500 running. $2000 in real good shape. It has a decent spark and compression so it must be a fuel problem. Carb rebuild kit from eBay is on it's way. The tank & all the plastic is in real good shape so it will be nice once we get it cleaned up.

Here's the gas tank full of nuts and bolts, wrapped up for tumbling in the clothes dryer to clean out the rust:

Last edited by FredS on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.

Post by gravel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Del wrote: - Avoid Dear Wife and her garage-cleaning project.
My Dear Wife clutters the garage.

dasmokeryaget
Has short thumbs
Has short thumbs

Post by dasmokeryaget » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm

FredS wrote:Daughter #3 and I want to buy some modercycles (Yamaha XS650's) and chop them this winter, but I have way too many half-finished projects cluttering the garage.

Looks like someone hung themselves in the garage. You might need to clean that up too. :D