Canada in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Re: Canada in the News

Post by Thunktank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Montreal bans dogs and electric blankets.

Ok, so,California doesn't have the worse nannies. We share it with other sick, twisted and "safety" minded scared silly zealots from Canada and much of the rest of the unfree first world.

For real, Montreal banned Pit Bulls, dogs that are mix pit bulls, pit bulls and even look like pit bulls. Any stray whose owner isn't found is to be euthanized, owners of remaining pit bulls must get a lisense and muzzle their dog when leaving their own property. What is wrong with people?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Thunktank wrote:Montreal bans dogs and electric blankets.

Ok, so,California doesn't have the worse nannies. We share it with other sick, twisted and "safety" minded scared silly zealots from Canada and much of the rest of the unfree first world.

For real, Montreal banned Pit Bulls, dogs that are mix pit bulls, pit bulls and even look like pit bulls. Any stray whose owner isn't found is to be euthanized, owners of remaining pit bulls must get a lisense and muzzle their dog when leaving their own property. What is wrong with people?
They don't want to get bitten by pit bulls?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:52 pm

hugodrax wrote:

OMG! You're not one of them are you?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

No. But that's what's wrong with the people. They don't want to get bitten by a pit bull so they ban the breed. Draconian in the extreme. I mean, leash laws are also effective.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:47 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

No. But that's what's wrong with the people. They don't want to get bitten by a pit bull so they ban the breed. Draconian in the extreme. I mean, leash laws are also effective.
:x

You are one of them. Perhaps ignorant people should pass a law to muzzle you when you leave your property. You're a lawyer after all and we all know how too many of you cause serious problems with your mouths.*

*to be clear, this is said to make a point about how unfair this would be. After all, I'm very opposed to muzzles on every dog of a specific breed just because a few are damaged goods. And I don't really know if Hugo is "one of them." Neither do I really know what "them" is. Not being too serious, don't take to serious.
Last edited by Thunktank on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

You are one of them. Perhaps ignorant people should pass a law to muzzle you when you leave your property. You're a lawyer after all and we all know how too many of you cause serious problems with your mouths.
Well, that escalated both quickly and inexplicably. What exactly have I been condemned for by you today? I live in a city. Leash laws make sense. All dogs. Life in the countryside is different. In an urban area, dogs should be leashed. Don't care if it's a pit bull or a yorkie.

And seriously, the next time you have a thought, let it go. Boob.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

You are one of them. Perhaps ignorant people should pass a law to muzzle you when you leave your property. You're a lawyer after all and we all know how too many of you cause serious problems with your mouths.
Well, that escalated both quickly and inexplicably. What exactly have I been condemned for by you today? I live in a city. Leash laws make sense. All dogs. Life in the countryside is different. In an urban area, dogs should be leashed. Don't care if it's a pit bull or a yorkie.

Yes, it did escalate quickly and inexplicably, especially in with your last post. I made that remark to get you to show empathy to the dogs.

Leash laws are not the same thing as mandatory euthaniza and muzzle laws. Muzzles in fact will make more "pit bulls" dangerous and poorly socialized that otherwise would be fine. Banning breeds is also a poor idea and lazy. If you worked with all these breeds that get banned from cities, apartments, insurance plans and so on as I have you too would know how unfair this is to the poor dogs and how it takes away the responsibility and freedom from people. Yes, I was a pro dog trainer once upon a time and seriously considering a return to it sooner than later. I have worked with many "pit bulls" in my life and they are among the most wonderful of breeds. I would only be partly kidding if I said that some people should be euthanized and not the dogs.

And leash laws, they are a different matter. I understand their "sense" because once again people are the problem. So we have lots of fat dogs walking around on leashes who forgot the joy of fetching a ball on a daily basis. Yes, they make perfect sense to urban people centric laws. I confess, I don't always obey those laws and have been given a pass by animal control too. My dog is always well behaved with others, heels well and wears a leash where it actually matters. He plays fetch at the local park, upsets the rule followers with fat dogs who are across the park. They call animal control on me too. Did my dog hurt them or theirs dog? Nope, my dog doesn't even look at their obnoxious acting dogs and the obnoxious owners who walk them.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:21 pm

This is the Canada thread. Fight, sit down for five minutes, apologize.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Yes, it did escalate quickly and inexplicably, especially in with your last post. I made that remark to get you to show empathy to the dogs.

Leash laws are not the same thing as mandatory euthaniza and muzzle laws. Muzzles in fact will make more "pit bulls" dangerous and poorly socialized that otherwise would be fine. Banning breeds is also a poor idea and lazy. If you worked with all these breeds that get banned from cities, apartments, insurance plans and so on as I have you too would know how unfair this is to the poor dogs and how it takes away the responsibility and freedom from people. Yes, I was a pro dog trainer once upon a time and seriously considering a return to it sooner than later. I have worked with many "pit bulls" in my life and they are among the most wonderful of breeds. I would only be partly kidding if I said that some people should be euthanized and not the dogs.

And leash laws, they are a different matter. I understand their "sense" because once again people are the problem. So we have lots of fat dogs walking around on leashes who forgot the joy of fetching a ball on a daily basis. Yes, they make perfect sense to urban people centric laws. I confess, I don't always obey those laws and have been given a pass by animal control too. My dog is always well behaved with others, heels well and wears a leash where it actually matters. He plays fetch at the local park, upsets the rule followers with fat dogs who are across the park. They call animal control on me too. Did my dog hurt them or theirs dog? Nope, my dog doesn't even look at their obnoxious acting dogs and the obnoxious owners who walk them.
Edit: douchery removed.
Last edited by hugodrax on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 pm

ReverendThom wrote:This is the Canada thread. Fight, sit down for five minutes, apologize.

Yes, this is the Canada thread.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Thunktank wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:This is the Canada thread. Fight, sit down for five minutes, apologize.

Yes, this is the Canada thread.
Yes.it is.

Anybody know any Canadian barristers thunk and I can throw spit balls at?

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:52 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

ONE WORD:
we need more dog control laws and dog bans.
These will work to keep dangerous dogs from people who shouldn't have dogs.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:53 am

Jocose wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

ONE WORD:
we need more dog control laws and dog bans.
These will work to keep dangerous dogs from people who shouldn't have dogs.
It might help. But it would mostly keep good people from having good dogs and that just sucks. It might also mean that dangerous people might start raising vicious ferrets instead of dogs. We mustn't have that! They would reek havoc on the local mouse population.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:39 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Any dog off its own property should be leashed for the welfare and general safety of the public, especially for the elderly and children who can't handle a scary confrontation (and joggers, and bikers, and utility workers, and road crews...). If you are going to bring your dog into the store, bring some bags and paper towels and clean up after it. And if your dog snaps at me or my kids while were shopping for eggs, I'm gonna snap at you like no tomorrow and it will continue out into the parking lot until you apologize.

And for FredS sake, pick up the poo on the sidewalk. And doubly so if you let your big fat dog with corn filled poop do it in my yard.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 am

Vicious
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:24 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:26 am

Apologize? Oh, so you invited them into our thread. Did you at least check their passports and compare their names to the no-post list?
Not one word about the lightning ban. The electric blanket ban is stupid.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 am

This appears to be an addendum to our Atheist pastor thread. I'm not sure that the UCC can actually get rid of her at this point.

United Church about ethos, not belief, says minister who faces defrocking

Atheist minister moves closer to defrocking as formal hearing requested

I think she'd make a fine Rustinian. Somebody should correct those folks - one doesn't 'believe' in atheism. Disbelief is not another form of religion.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:20 am

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 pm

8 minutes from my house. I still haven't been, but hope to soon.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation