Food in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

What's yer favorite vittles?

TACOS!
13%
BACON!
No votes
CHEESE!
No votes
PIZZA!
No votes
A_Morely in bacon breeches.
25%
What the deuce is vittles?
13%
GRITS!
No votes
Biscuits 'n gravy!
13%
Biscuits 'n gravy!
13%
What would mrs_gabriel eat?
13%
Other 'cuz I'm a weenie vegan.
13%

Total votes: 8

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Food in the News

Post by UncleBob » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cliff » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 pm

A pumpkin burger sounds exciting. When will get the in the US ??
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 am

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 am

+JMJ+
Pfft! They don't even have Swenson's, let alone Hamburger Station.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
Nor Bonus Burger: The best burger in Lubbock.

wosbald

Re: Food in the News

Post by wosbald » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am

+JMJ+

FDA: 'Love' is not a real ingredient in bakery's granola
CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts bakery's granola may be made with love, but federal officials say it shouldn't be listed as an ingredient on the package.

Nashoba Brook Bakery, in Concord, has been told by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that the label on its Nashoba Granola lists "love," and that needs to change. …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAMR22aBJ0

Jared
I await final judgement [sic]
I await final judgement [sic]

Post by Jared » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 am

Pretty sure there is no one on this forum that is as obsessed with food as much as I am. Currently I have a 6 foot bookshelf that is packed with cook books and food related books (the professional Chef, on food and cooking) as well as more books that are stacked in various places. I spend hours googling and asking others opinions and questions about food.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

In Vino Vertias, in Cervesio Felicitas

2014, 2015 & 2016 Winner Most Likely Not To Win An Award

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: RE: Re: Food in the News

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Jared wrote:Pretty sure there is no one on this forum that is as obsessed with food as much as I am. Currently I have a 6 foot bookshelf that is packed with cook books and food related books (the professional Chef, on food and cooking) as well as more books that are stacked in various places. I spend hours googling and asking others opinions and questions about food.
Mmmm I think Skip went to Disney just to take pictures of food.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Re:

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 pm

wosbald wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 am
+JMJ+
But the Vortex is great. Besides the great burgers, the Menus declares the place an "idiot free zone" with warnings against bad behavior.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Re: RE: Re: Food in the News

Post by Skip » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:41 pm
Jared wrote:Pretty sure there is no one on this forum that is as obsessed with food as much as I am. Currently I have a 6 foot bookshelf that is packed with cook books and food related books (the professional Chef, on food and cooking) as well as more books that are stacked in various places. I spend hours googling and asking others opinions and questions about food.
Mmmm I think Skip went to Disney just to take pictures of food.
This is true. And two weeks from now, I'll be there again - along with AlwaysGoingToWDW - taking pictures at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. I've met a few Iron Chefs, chatted with Food Network chefs, have been retweeted by Food Network Star contestants, and my son is on a first-name basis with one of the Food Network Star champions (Justin Warner). Don't hate...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

+JMJ+

Dunkin' Donuts new strategy to spice up sales: Fewer donuts

It may be time to make the doughnuts -- just a lot fewer of them.

Dunkin' Donuts is testing out a "less is more" strategy in about 1,000 locations out of its 9,000 U.S. stores. The streamlined stores will sell a minimum of what it calls 18 "core donuts," down from about 30 varieties. Dunkin' Donuts said in a statement that, depending on how customers respond, it may pare down its selection nationwide.

The revamped menu comes as parent company Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN) tries to take on Starbucks as a contender for consumers' favorite coffee chain, which may explain a smaller emphasis on doughnuts. It's also testing a Pasadena, California-based store bearing the shortened name "Dunkin,'" which omits any mention of doughnuts. The company has said it might roll out the new branding to more stores next year.

Limiting doughnut options "will provide a more consistent experience from store to store, and in some cases will actually increase both the variety and quantity of donuts available to our guests," Dunkin' Donuts said in an emailed statement to CBS MoneyWatch. "We will assess the results of the test before making any determination about a possible national rollout." …

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am
+JMJ+

Dunkin' Donuts new strategy to spice up sales: Fewer donuts

It may be time to make the doughnuts -- just a lot fewer of them.

Dunkin' Donuts is testing out a "less is more" strategy in about 1,000 locations out of its 9,000 U.S. stores. The streamlined stores will sell a minimum of what it calls 18 "core donuts," down from about 30 varieties. Dunkin' Donuts said in a statement that, depending on how customers respond, it may pare down its selection nationwide.

The revamped menu comes as parent company Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN) tries to take on Starbucks as a contender for consumers' favorite coffee chain, which may explain a smaller emphasis on doughnuts. It's also testing a Pasadena, California-based store bearing the shortened name "Dunkin,'" which omits any mention of doughnuts. The company has said it might roll out the new branding to more stores next year.

Limiting doughnut options "will provide a more consistent experience from store to store, and in some cases will actually increase both the variety and quantity of donuts available to our guests," Dunkin' Donuts said in an emailed statement to CBS MoneyWatch. "We will assess the results of the test before making any determination about a possible national rollout." …
A pox on the corporate bastards that eliminated the croissant donuts :egor:
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip