The gearhead thread.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Re: The gearhead thread.

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm

michigander wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 pm
:pipe2:

I told Mrs. DP I bought it for her, but look where it ended up:

I'm a bad husband.
She deserves better.
.... yeah, you should make it up to her and buy her this one to drive: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Ford-Thund ... 12&vxp=mtr
Looks like very nice one. I thought they were bringing more money than this actually.
Rich Corinthian Leather

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm
michigander wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 pm
:pipe2:

I told Mrs. DP I bought it for her, but look where it ended up:

I'm a bad husband.
She deserves better.
.... yeah, you should make it up to her and buy her this one to drive: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Ford-Thund ... 12&vxp=mtr
Looks like very nice one. I thought they were bringing more money than this actually.
Surprised this has not sold yet. 12 hours to go.Find it hard to believe it has the original paint as stated however. Last year for Ford 6V positive ground which as the story goes positive ground cars didn't rust as bad.
Rich Corinthian Leather

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 am

Who has two thumbs and is a gearhead genius?

When I first built this hot rod a decade ago I put an access panel in the trunk to provide access to the in-tank electric fuel pump and another for the fuel level sending unit. Then I lost interest (rather, I found more enjoyable interests) and she's sat in the corner under a cover for about three years. Now I'm back in the gearhead groove and I need to get it running but I didn't want to run three year old gas through the fuel system so I detached the hose in to the fuel filter and stuck it in a bucket then removed the panel and hotwired the fuel pump with some short jumpers (the battery is less than two feet away) and enjoyed a leisurely cigar while she pumped all the old gas out of the tank. It probably took me six hours to fab this access panel back then, but I'm sure glad I took that time as it only took that time.

Also, I ran about a quart of gas down my arm when I was changing the fuel filter. For the record, women (at least mine) do not find the heady scent of gasoline and cigar smoke attractive.

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Engine finished and installed on labor day weekend. Almost 500 miles on her since then. 64 miles on way to work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Needs a bath, had been setting in the front yard for 2 1/2 years.

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 am
Who has two thumbs and is a gearhead genius?

When I first built this hot rod a decade ago I put an access panel in the trunk to provide access to the in-tank electric fuel pump and another for the fuel level sending unit. Then I lost interest (rather, I found more enjoyable interests) and she's sat in the corner under a cover for about three years. Now I'm back in the gearhead groove and I need to get it running but I didn't want to run three year old gas through the fuel system so I detached the hose in to the fuel filter and stuck it in a bucket then removed the panel and hotwired the fuel pump with some short jumpers (the battery is less than two feet away) and enjoyed a leisurely cigar while she pumped all the old gas out of the tank. It probably took me six hours to fab this access panel back then, but I'm sure glad I took that time as it only took that time.

Also, I ran about a quart of gas down my arm when I was changing the fuel filter. For the record, women (at least mine) do not find the heady scent of gasoline and cigar smoke attractive.

Missouri engineering at its finest.
Rich Corinthian Leather

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 pm

mustangii wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Engine finished and installed on labor day weekend. Almost 500 miles on her since then. 64 miles on way to work.

Went to a car show at a large church once.
Got beat by a PT Crusier.

Well I thought it was funny.
Rich Corinthian Leather

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 pm
. . .Missouri engineering at its finest.
Now there's five words I've never heard strung together.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

A coworker followed a Tesla S - in autopilot mode - for about 12 miles on his morning commute today. The person behind the wheel was reading the newspaper. They went through a stretch of road construction and constrictions and the 'diver' never touched the controls and rarely even looked up from her paper.

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am
A coworker followed a Tesla S - in autopilot mode - for about 12 miles on his morning commute today. The person behind the wheel was reading the newspaper. They went through a stretch of road construction and constrictions and the 'diver' never touched the controls and rarely even looked up from her paper.
Sounds like a job I could do. (the 'driver') Self driving trucks will be next it they are not already.
I don't know what us average people are going to do for jobs in the future.
Rich Corinthian Leather

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 am
FredS wrote:
Sounds like a job I could do. (the 'driver') Self driving trucks will be next it they are not already.
Daughter #3 has taken a job with a trucking/logistics company in AR. She does driver audits to make sure they're in compliance with the law. Some of the geezers unplug their onboard computers and report that the machine is broke so they can keep a manual log on paper. She has to get on them when she finds out about it and explain that they must either get it fixed or park it. They (the drivers) don't like it when she does that.

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am
Roadmaster wrote:
FredS wrote:
Daughter #3 has taken a job with a trucking/logistics company in AR. She does driver audits to make sure they're in compliance with the law. Some of the geezers unplug their onboard computers and report that the machine is broke so they can keep a manual log on paper. She has to get on them when she finds out about it and explain that they must either get it fixed or park it. They (the drivers) don't like it when she does that.
Common in the trucking industry for the sales and operations to tell the driver to get it there on time every time and safety and compliance to punish said driver for doing so.
Rich Corinthian Leather

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Oh no! Drivers seat in the gangster lean position and the electric seat quit working!

Imagecaddy6 by diamondc160, on Flickr
Rich Corinthian Leather

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:44 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am
Roadmaster wrote:
FredS wrote:
Common in the trucking industry for the sales and operations to tell the driver to get it there on time every time and safety and compliance to punish said driver for doing so.
Yes, my daughter said the same thing. Her auditing and compliance group is even in a separate building (but on the same campus) from the sales and ops groups. And she acknowledged that the two groups have different expectations and the drivers are stuck in the middle.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm
Oh no! Drivers seat in the gangster lean position and the electric seat quit working!

Imagecaddy6 by diamondc160, on Flickr
You can rock that look. I believe in you.

Gansta Ar Em, yo.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:39 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 am

You can rock that look. I believe in you.

Gansta Ar Em, yo.
Thanks Jim.
Used Cadillac’s always seemed like a bargain to me. This car was the longest, highest, and plushest regular production American car in 1986. It listed for $28,000 which was a lot of money then. I bought it in 2002 for $1100. Yes many of the bells and whistles no longer work but it’s still fun. Missouri allows you to buy historic license plates for cars over 25 years old for around $25. They never have to be renewed and the car never has to get safety inspected. There are some restrictions as to where and how often you can drive it but I don't mind. Good cheap fun.
Rich Corinthian Leather

vwdeano
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction

Post by vwdeano » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:19 am

Replaced my existing motorcycle with a new, leftover '15 40th anniversary Wing... wow, is this thing comfortable.

six cylinder, shaft drive... smoooooth.

Dean

Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:23 pm

mustangii wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm
2005 PT GT
Just for fun you should take a picture of it at a QuikTrip in Montana.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: RE: Re: The gearhead thread.

Post by mustangii » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm

infidel wrote:
mustangii wrote:
2005 PT GT
Maybe MissouriImage

FredS

Re: RE: Re: The gearhead thread.

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 am

mustangii wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm
infidel wrote:
mustangii wrote:
2005 PT GT
Maybe MissouriImage

A PT GT AT A MT QT is funnier than a PT GT AT A MO QT.