Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Re: Confessions

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:54 pm

I often like my friends more than my sisters.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:49 pm

UncleBob wrote:The turkey was pre-cooked and I am but warming it up in the oven.
The term 'but warming' the turkey seems awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs.

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:03 pm

I brewed decaf at work today and did not tell anyone.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:55 pm

sweetandsour wrote:Lesbians?

Two nice-looking middle aged or slightly younger ladies walked out of the Starbucks in a small town near Houston this morning, and very shortly after exiting the door, embraced each other with a long hug followed by a lengthy lip-locking no-nonsense kiss, and then went to their separate cars. I saw it.

That's not something that a straight-laced old fart like me sees very often (if ever), and I'm just now gettin back right. In fact, the scene is still lingering in my head even now. I'm thinking that if it had been a couple of guys, I'd still be throwing up. Two nice-looking girls? ... kind-of turns me off, but I ain't nauseated.
Kudos on the self-awareness. I feel the same about Starbucks.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:01 pm

So, my wife and I "went forward" this morning at the end of the service, with intentions of joining the church we've been visiting for the past 4 months. No-can-do, says the pastor ... gotta take my 6-week class first. He then offered to pray with my wife and I, and I said "sure, thanks, and then we'll go back to our seats".

I told my wife and family afterward, that I'll attend the class ... no problem. But I ain't marching down the aisle again. I did that this morning as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not gonna do it twice. I dunno, though; maybe it's a sign.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:02 pm

sweetandsour wrote:So, my wife and I "went forward" this morning at the end of the service, with intentions of joining the church we've been visiting for the past 4 months. No-can-do, says the pastor ... gotta take my 6-week class first. He then offered to pray with my wife and I, and I said "sure, thanks, and then we'll go back to our seats".

I told my wife and family afterward, that I'll attend the class ... no problem. But I ain't marching down the aisle again. I did that this morning as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not gonna do it twice. I dunno, though; maybe it's a sign.
This is such a cool thread. Just the right balance of admitting to stuff yet leaving some ambiguity.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm eating fritos with humous and pine nuts, red pepper and soybean oil, and drinking sprite with Knob Creek Rye. I plan to have a few puffs of cherry tobacco before turning in later tonight.

My wife says "that's not good for you". "I know it isn't", I replied ... "but I like the taste of Sprite".

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:27 pm

I like that Last Man Standing show. God help me.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

JimVH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 pm

UncleBob wrote:I like that Last Man Standing show. God help me.
Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 pm

JimVH wrote:
It's not great but it grows on you. Like a fungus.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 am

One of those never-ending email chains is on-going at work at the moment, where thousands use "reply-all" to tell everyone else not to use "reply all". In a moment of weakness and annoyance from my wife's hospital room yesterday I became one of the thousands.

But still, I now feel like I can check it off as a bucket list item. Not to mention that it also gave me the chance to piss a few people off before I retire next month.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:20 am

UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Just saw this for the first time a week ago when a friend was viewing it on NetFlix or Amazaon or something like that. I now want to see more. I may need help as well.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:21 am

sweetandsour wrote:One of those never-ending email chains is on-going at work at the moment, where thousands use "reply-all" to tell everyone else not to use "reply all". In a moment of weakness and annoyance from my wife's hospital room yesterday I became one of the thousands.

But still, I now feel like I can check it off as a bucket list item. Not to mention that it also gave me the chance to piss a few people off before I retire next month.
One of those went out here at work last week, and I was accused of being "snarky" for my response. <shrugs>

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Just saw this for the first time a week ago when a friend was viewing it on NetFlix or Amazaon or something like that. I now want to see more. I may need help as well.
I watch it on Hulu.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:12 pm

I got hung up on today by a customer service rep in one of those on-line chats. Her name was catherine, and in a moment of weakness and frustration I referred to her as "chat-a-cathy". "All I want to do is pay my bill on-line", I stated. But alas, the line was closed and she was gone. I presume she figured that it hurt me more than it hurt her. And maybe it did, in fact. But, it's their system, not mine. The least they could do in return for taking my money is speak with me, rather than type at me. For all I know it could have been a 6'-5", 260 lb, long-haired, bearded dude, that refers to himself as "Cathy".

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Tonight, at the board meeting of a small hunting club I'm on, I was elected as the new treasurer. The past treasurer resigned after an 11 year stint. After the meeting one of the board members, who happens to be a small business owner, approached me at the elevator and asked "do you know what a P&L is?". "No", was my reply. I'm sure he's still thinking about that. Still ... what else could I say?

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Wed May 13, 2015 10:31 pm

I like to listen to 60's Motown Sister Acts on the radio.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun May 17, 2015 5:20 am

A total stranger at the RV park where we lived for the past 6 months got in the habit of asking us for money ... or asking me to buy cigarettes ... hitching rides, asking for rent money ... even asked me if I could help get them a new trailer, or maybe a FEMA trailer. They sort-of latched onto us, with me telling them that I wasn't sustainable. Told him he needed to contact their family, etc.

Well, long-story-short, he died of cancer. We are no longer there in the Rv park; but somehow his widow got my phone number and sent a text asking for money. She's picked up where he left off, apparently. I don't know if she's ever contacted her children or other family; but she should soon be receiving his SS benefit, I'm thinking.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon May 18, 2015 9:42 pm

A Bruyere Dux Lovat with Horn in my future? I suppose not.

"Send us an email", the smokingpipes website says. So I did, after missing out on said pipe the first time. The nice reply from SP says not to worry, just "be ready, and pull the trigger when the new update hits the site this Thursday, 3:30pm eastern time". So, I was, and I did, not via the interweb, but instead I called them directly. "That pipe is already sold", the nice guy said. Strike 2.

Back to the email, I replied and said that I don't think that pipe exists. They have a nice pic, but that's it. No, no, it really does, is the SP reply. "Just be ready when the update hits the site on Monday, ~3:30 eastern". Heh ... I'm sitting on that site today. Guess what? Strike 3.

I did end up getting one of the billiards with horn. But I ain't emailing those guys again. And I don't think that Bruyere Lovat really exists.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Mon May 18, 2015 9:55 pm

I sometimes replay that famous line by Otto West of the movie A Fish Called Wanda, as played by Kevin Kline, whilst driving behind those who have reprehensible driving skills.
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates