Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Confessions

Post by hugodrax » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Thunktank wrote:I just bought an Arkansas wet stone set at the lumber yard. I like to sharpen blades. It's therapeutic.
This here's the confession thread, son. You want Useless Facts. Make a left and then look farther down the page.

On topic, I'd like to confess to screwing with Thunktank. It's beneath me and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:I just bought an Arkansas wet stone set at the lumber yard. I like to sharpen blades. It's therapeutic.
This here's the confession thread, son. You want Useless Facts. Make a left and then look farther down the page.

On topic, I'd like to confess to screwing with Thunktank. It's beneath me and I hope it doesn't happen again.
See, you are worse than I. I at least understand that I have a problem. That is, I find sharpening things a type of therapy. You my good friend apparently don't even see it as a problem. :D

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

See, you are worse than I. I at least understand that I have a problem. That is, I find sharpening things a type of therapy. You my good friend apparently don't even see it as a problem. :D
You're right. I find sharpening my kitchen, hunting, and pen knives to be amazingly therapeutic. It's almost a form of meditation. Now if you had said you liked stabbing things, I'd have agreed you had a problem.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 am

Handing out Bibles at a local college last Friday morning, (yes, I'm a Gideon) ... we handed out ~850 Bibles, but almost at the end of the morning a young woman who worked at the college came up and asked us to stand off to the side, away from the foot traffic. "We don't want you to be the first thing that the new students see" she says. "That's interesting" I replied, to which she says, "I believe in God, but you are in the way, blocking traffic". "No problem", I said, while thinking silently about what a b**** she was. It wasn't until after I left for the day, that I realized that I didn't offer her a Bible. What a missed opportunity that was, just to piss her off, (if nothing else).
Last edited by sweetandsour on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 am

I enjoy harassing those who are "witnessing" to me. Secretly, I think they appreciate it as well because they can have an interesting "testimony" during the debrief... er.. post-witness service. For instance, this happened at Texas Tech.

Me: (Grumpily stomping to class across the quad)
Witnesser: "Excuse me, brother. Do you know Jesus?"
Me: "Who?"
Witnesser: (With visible excitement) "Jesus!"
Me: (Confused look for a second) "Oh! You mean Jesús! Yeah he has that shop on 34th..."
Witnesser: (Interrupting me) "No! Jesus Christ!"
Me: (In a mock huff) "Well! There is no need to be profane!"
(Cue the "Right Stuff" UB walk-off scene, Camera 1)

Fin
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 am

I don't like PNG. I often wish I would get sick enough to have to go home, but when I got home I would immediately get better, but the doctors would tell me that it's not safe for me to return...honorable discharge. But then I remember that I can't forget what I now know. It's engrained in me and won't let me forget and sometimes I hate that.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:57 am

JMG wrote:I don't like PNG. I often wish I would get sick enough to have to go home, but when I got home I would immediately get better, but the doctors would tell me that it's not safe for me to return...honorable discharge. But then I remember that I can't forget what I now know. It's engrained in me and won't let me forget and sometimes I hate that.
Prayin for ya.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 am

Every day seems to be like a Seinfeld episode.

On Monday we're in the Med Center in Houston, finished with my wife's pre-op testing (in prep for next Wed), and I have to go to the restroom something terrible.

On the way back to the elevators I hurry to the closest restroom, only to find it closed for cleaning. I seek out the next closest, and it's closed for cleaning also. Likewise a third. This bathroom cleaning crew is obviously a well-coordinated crew, albeit with a sick sense of humor.

So I give up and we quickly head to the parking garage. "Just go behind one of those columns", the wife says. "What?!, I said ... "didn't you see the lost-in-the-parking-garage episode of Seinfeld? You sound just like Kramer."

Well, I ain't sayin I did, and I ain't sayin I didn't. But you should have seen the look I gave her at the theater tonight, when she asked me to buy some Junior Mints. Are you kidding me?
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:00 am

I never watched Seinfeld.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:23 am

sweetandsour wrote:Every day seems to be like a Seinfeld episode.

On Monday we're in the Med Center in Houston, finished with my wife's pre-op testing (in prep for next Wed), and I have to go to the restroom something terrible.

On the way back to the elevators I hurry to the closest restroom, only to find it closed for cleaning. I seek out the next closest, and it's closed for cleaning also. Likewise a third. This bathroom cleaning crew is obviously a well-coordinated crew, albeit with a sick sense of humor.

So I give up and we quickly head to the parking garage. "Just go behind one of those columns", the wife says. "What?!, I said ... "didn't you see the lost-in-the-parking-garage episode of Seinfeld? You sound just like Kramer."

Well, I ain't sayin I did, and I ain't sayin I didn't. But you should have seen the look I gave her at the theater tonight, when she asked me to buy some Junior Mints. Are you kidding me?
:lol:

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:25 am

I watched way too much Seinfeld.
to know the future is to be held prisoner by it
Where is Charles Martel when you need him?

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:22 am

JimVH wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:Every day seems to be like a Seinfeld episode.

:lol:
I love stories like this.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:15 pm

JMG wrote:I don't like PNG. I often wish I would get sick enough to have to go home, but when I got home I would immediately get better, but the doctors would tell me that it's not safe for me to return...honorable discharge. But then I remember that I can't forget what I now know. It's engrained in me and won't let me forget and sometimes I hate that.
Wow.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm

This really struck me. I've always thought being a missionary to be an incredibly difficult position. But this statement makes me think of Jesus' prayer that the cup be taken from His lips together with His submission to His Father's plan. You often humble me, sir. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 pm

hugodrax wrote:
This really struck me. I've always thought being a missionary to be an incredibly difficult position. But this statement makes me think of Jesus' prayer that the cup be taken from His lips together with His submission to His Father's plan. You often humble me, sir. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:23 pm

I love this stuff.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:56 pm

I want to be less angry.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:09 pm

The cleaning crew at work is....challenged. Sometimes when I hear them approaching I find an excuse to head somewhere else in the building because they act a little bit creepy (like the guy that keeps wanting to feel people's biceps and get them to feel his).
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Hovannes wrote:I watched way too much Seinfeld.
Some of my kids first words were Jerry and George (we have all seasons on DVD).
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:30 pm

I ate corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast.