Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Confessions

Post by JimVH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:52 pm

UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:I like cows. In fact, I'm kind of OC about cattle altogether. All four walls of my office have western/cattle art. All of my device screen savers and wallpaper are some kind bovine specie. I go to all of the area FFA shows just to watch the cattle divisions. I spend hours every year walking the huge cattle exhibits and animal barns at the Houston Livestock Show. My Facebook feed is full of different cattle related pages from famous ranches, rodeo bull breeders, and other cow appreciators. I just dig cattle. Beef cattle, dairy cattle, rodeo stock... you name it. Bison are pretty cool, too. So are yak, muskox, water buffalo, and any other bovinae I come across.

This dude keeps me company everyday on my laptop screen:
Now that's funny. Disturbing, but funny.

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:46 pm

JimVH wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
JimVH wrote:I like cows. In fact, I'm kind of OC about cattle altogether. All four walls of my office have western/cattle art. All of my device screen savers and wallpaper are some kind bovine specie. I go to all of the area FFA shows just to watch the cattle divisions. I spend hours every year walking the huge cattle exhibits and animal barns at the Houston Livestock Show. My Facebook feed is full of different cattle related pages from famous ranches, rodeo bull breeders, and other cow appreciators. I just dig cattle. Beef cattle, dairy cattle, rodeo stock... you name it. Bison are pretty cool, too. So are yak, muskox, water buffalo, and any other bovinae I come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixgIE3WShk
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:52 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:
JimVH wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

[img]]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixgIE3WShk
Ol Bessie got moooves.

vwdeano
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction

Post by vwdeano » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:23 am

Here goes... I like "easy listening" music... Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams... Particularly fond of old Eddy Arnold stuff.

After a day of battling dragons and putting out fires, I find it calming...
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:08 am

vwdeano wrote:Here goes... I like "easy listening" music... Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams... Particularly fond of old Eddy Arnold stuff.

There's no shame in that, bud. They make for excellent unwinding music. I'm a yuge Mel Torme fan, also.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am

JimVH wrote:
vwdeano wrote:Here goes... I like "easy listening" music... Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams... Particularly fond of old Eddy Arnold stuff.

There's no shame in that, bud. They make for excellent unwinding music. I'm a yuge Mel Torme fan, also.

Ah. "The Velvet Fog."
Can we add mid-late 50s Sinatra?
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 am

3-dot didn't know who Led Zeppelin was.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:04 pm

One of my biggest goals in life is to get through the each day without being a tool to anyone. Yesterday I got a big, fat F on that assignment.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:51 pm

JimVH wrote:One of my biggest goals in life is to get through the each day without being a tool to anyone. Yesterday I got a big, fat F on that assignment.
Rank change time?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:08 pm

We have procrastinated having our Fall (usually) Flu shots; so are preparing to go to Costco (a 2nd time) to get poked. Hoping the wait is not long enough to have my next birthday there.

Was #1 top shooter, so noted by the Instructor as well as my own visual comparison - for qualifying to renew my CCL for another California 2 year carry legally. Now must pay even more for the Sheriff and the Dept. of Justice - - they grab $50 from you every 2 years just for a little piece of paper to carry when you carry!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:46 am

I finally told my wife this morning, either tell me what she wants for Christmas, or else me and the grandsons go shopping at Gander Mountain or Bass Pro. Shotgun shells or maybe some goose decoys, would be nice.

Her no-reply meant we better not, I think.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:12 pm

sweetandsour wrote:I finally told my wife this morning, either tell me what she wants for Christmas, or else me and the grandsons go shopping at Gander Mountain or Bass Pro. Shotgun shells or maybe some goose decoys, would be nice.

Her no-reply meant we better not, I think.
IT ALWAYS DOES! :wink:
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Ordered a beautifully blasted Chacom Montmartre author yesterday, on impulse (haven't seen many of these with a blast, most I've seen are smooth), without discussing it with my wife first.

Not the wisest move this time of year.
I'm hoping she'll tell me about a splurge she's made before it arrives.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

wsblevins
Congregation
Congregation

Post by wsblevins » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:48 pm

sweetandsour wrote:I didn't pick up the hitchhiker who was sitting at the entrance ramp onto I-10 this morning. I looked him in the eye when I drove quickly past, and he looked me in the eye, before I glanced backward to check on-coming traffic on the highway. I was in a hurry and really didn't feel like picking him up.

May God forgive me ... I hope he ultimately got a ride.
He is wanted in three states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Instead of from the FAcebook ad for Wiki-Store "Magical Grip Socket" for $22, I bought a recommended "Best Buy" fr Amazon, two of these universal Gator Socket Wrench Adaptors - one for a son-in-law, one for me, for $10.59 each.
Soli Deo Gloria!

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:24 pm

wsblevins wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:I didn't pick up the hitchhiker who was sitting at the entrance ramp onto I-10 this morning. I looked him in the eye when I drove quickly past, and he looked me in the eye, before I glanced backward to check on-coming traffic on the highway. I was in a hurry and really didn't feel like picking him up.

May God forgive me ... I hope he ultimately got a ride.
He is wanted in three states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Aren't we all?
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:28 pm

I just ordered snow boots for my wife's dog.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

vwdeano

Post by vwdeano » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:03 pm

I just made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and canned peas... I KNEW the missus would complain if I fried them... I fried them anyway, and while she didn't complain necessarily, she did make it known that she prefers non-fried food... Which I guess is indeed a complaint...

Egg wash, and a bit of flour and tony chachere's... Worth it...

It's not that I'm insensitive per se, but given her choice, WE would never eat fried food again. That's cruel.

Dean
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 pm

The wife got an e-mail today about the son of a family that used to live on our street. Our sons were in school together up through junior high. The kid was a serious douchebag and my son was the subject of many of his bullying words and actions. The e-mail said that he'd "lost his battle with heroin." Confession: all we can feel is "karma's a b****."
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:32 pm

vwdeano, I'm with you a lot on those you list above. Both my wife and I still enjoy listening to ole Eddy Arnold. And I never tire of the Sons of the Pioneers and their "Water!" :) Montivani is so conducive to contemplative quietness, also. Never hear of him or his music anymore :(
Soli Deo Gloria!