Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
vwdeano
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction
Filled with Guilt and Shame over My Cherry Aro Addiction

Re: Confessions

Post by vwdeano » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Tatanka wrote:
vwdeano wrote:Here goes... I like "easy listening" music... Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams... Particularly fond of old Eddy Arnold stuff.

After a day of battling dragons and putting out fires, I find it calming...

vwdeano, I'm with you a lot on those you list above. Both my wife and I still enjoy listening to ole Eddy Arnold. And I never tire of the Sons of the Pioneers and their "Water!" :) Montivani is so conducive to contemplative quietness, also. Never hear of him or his music anymore :(
One of my wife's co-workers asked about what kind of stuff I liked... When he heard "easy listening", and "mantovani" in particular, she said he became visibly repulsed... I guess live and let live doesn't apply to musical tastes, LOL. He purchases LPs in bulk, and then flips them for a profit. evidently the easy listening stuff doesn't move so well.
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:24 pm

vwdeano wrote:
Tatanka wrote:
vwdeano wrote:Here goes... I like "easy listening" music... Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams... Particularly fond of old Eddy Arnold stuff.

After a day of battling dragons and putting out fires, I find it calming...

vwdeano, I'm with you a lot on those you list above. Both my wife and I still enjoy listening to ole Eddy Arnold. And I never tire of the Sons of the Pioneers and their "Water!" :) Montivani is so conducive to contemplative quietness, also. Never hear of him or his music anymore :(
One of my wife's co-workers asked about what kind of stuff I liked... When he heard "easy listening", and "mantovani" in particular, she said he became visibly repulsed... I guess live and let live doesn't apply to musical tastes, LOL. He purchases LPs in bulk, and then flips them for a profit. evidently the easy listening stuff doesn't move so well.
Well, most of the majority's tastes in the world, are so far away from mine, I don't try to be considered "hip" by the majority; but taste and see and read and listen to what is pleasant and even uplifting to my spirit. It's our ears, right? Not theirs! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 pm

I broke one of my wife's glasses and ditched the evidence.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Skip wrote:The wife got an e-mail today about the son of a family that used to live on our street. Our sons were in school together up through junior high. The kid was a serious douchebag and my son was the subject of many of his bullying words and actions. The e-mail said that he'd "lost his battle with heroin." Confession: all we can feel is "karma's a b****."
Lord Jesus Christ, in Your great mercy You prayed for the forgiveness of those who crucified You, and You taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. Lord, I pray that You forgive those who treat me unjustly and speak out against me, and that You bless them and guide them according to Your will. Take away any bitterness I may have in my heart against them. Lord, may Your forgiveness, goodness and love be revealed in all of us, to Your praise and glory. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

And Skip, Lest you think I'm somekind of a "holier than tho" type arsehole, I'll admit that I'd genuinely like to kill the assholes that give my son dope, I'd love to spend just a few moments alone with these douchebags. Instead of killing them I just pray for them along with my drug addicted son. Jesus, have mercy on us and forgive us.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:32 am

I'm eating a salad. I feel that needs confessing.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:45 am

JMG wrote:I'm eating a salad. I feel that needs confessing.
Plant killer!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:58 am

John-Boy wrote:
Plant killer!

JMG

Post by JMG » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:05 pm

JimVH wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Plant killer!
Oh, Jim, you are on today. Given me quite a few laughs.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Jocose wrote:
Skip wrote:And Skip, Lest you think I'm somekind of a "holier than tho" type arsehole, I'll admit that I'd genuinely like to kill the assholes that give my son dope, I'd love to spend just a few moments alone with these douchebags. Instead of killing them I just pray for them along with my drug addicted son. Jesus, have mercy on us and forgive us.
I surely relate, Jocose, as our daughter became addicted to METH! Refuses to go to rehab, even when we arranged to have the way paved for her entrance into Youth for Christ's FREE program; highly praised by even President Reagan. All we can do is pray and leave her in GOD's hands.
I will pray for you and your son now when I pray for our daughter. GOD bless you and your family as you deal with this heartache!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Jocose wrote:
Skip wrote:The wife got an e-mail today about the son of a family that used to live on our street. Our sons were in school together up through junior high. The kid was a serious douchebag and my son was the subject of many of his bullying words and actions. The e-mail said that he'd "lost his battle with heroin." Confession: all we can feel is "karma's a b****."
Lord Jesus Christ, in Your great mercy You prayed for the forgiveness of those who crucified You, and You taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. Lord, I pray that You forgive those who treat me unjustly and speak out against me, and that You bless them and guide them according to Your will. Take away any bitterness I may have in my heart against them. Lord, may Your forgiveness, goodness and love be revealed in all of us, to Your praise and glory. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

And Skip, Lest you think I'm somekind of a "holier than tho" type arsehole, I'll admit that I'd genuinely like to kill the assholes that give my son dope, I'd love to spend just a few moments alone with these douchebags. Instead of killing them I just pray for them along with my drug addicted son. Jesus, have mercy on us and forgive us.
Jo, that's kind of why I put this in "Confessions." The wife and I both feel badly about how we feel, but it's so difficult when the e-mail chain is full of "oh, but he was such a nice boy!" and "never had a bad word for anyone" and "the family was always so good" when he - and his father - were both absolute pricks when it came to my son. (Yes, even the father made fun of my son). This comes down to forgiving those who've never asked for forgiveness, and being able to feel pain for those who caused us pain. And though there are definitely "holier than thou" <expletive deleted> here, I'd never consider you one of those, especially on a topic such as this. You've been - and will remain - in my prayers.
As seen on WGN...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"
"Arrogance, Alcohol, and Admin Rights: what a combination!"
"Let's carpe the hell out of this diem."
"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 am

Forgive me Jocose, for I have sinned.
I went to Walmart to buy a new set of snow cables for the car.
Locally, it was the last pair to be had in the size I needed.
to know the future is to be held prisoner by it
Where is Charles Martel when you need him?

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm

I was at the local library, doing some work and went to ask about their printer settings. The young lady working there had her back to me, and it was difficult not to notice her figure and long graceful hair, not to mention the jeans she was wearing.

Then she turned around to face me.

No sinful thoughts, just an observation. It's just a natural fact, that some girls are much prettier when observed from behind. I'm sure women think the same w/regard to some men.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 am
Forgive me Jocose, for I have sinned.
I went to Walmart to buy a new set of snow cables for the car.
Locally, it was the last pair to be had in the size I needed.
No, forgive me because I confess that last summer I was forced to buy an oil filter from there. Felt terrible guilt and shame for doing that.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Fainn

Post by Fainn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

I watched the Madonna and the Ashley rant.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm
I was at the local library, doing some work and went to ask about their printer settings. The young lady working there had her back to me, and it was difficult not to notice her figure and long graceful hair, not to mention the jeans she was wearing.

No sinful thoughts, just an observation. It's just a natural fact, that some girls are much prettier when observed from behind. I'm sure women think the same w/regard to some men.
So....is this a sly suggestion that we men should all begin walking backward ? :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:34 am

Tatanka wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm

So....is this a sly suggestion that we men should all begin walking backward ? :)
Reminds me of an old childhood wise crack, "if my dog had a face like yours", etc etc ...
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am

I like Gidget.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am
I like Gidget.
Who doesn't?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:37 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am
I like Gidget.
Who doesn't?
So, I'm not the only one who gets up before sunrise to watch her show. Cool.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Years ago I was having a cigar on the second story balcony of a motel and witnessed a large woman pull up and get out of her car.

As she was walking to her room a large amount of cash fell from her dress. Instead of yelling at her, I ran down the stairs wondering if I should keep it. Too late, someone else saw it too and beat me to it. I still feel guilt and shame over this.