Numbnuts in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Numbnuts in the News

Post by UncleBob » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:16 am

Diocese of Camden warns students of suspensions if they perform Colin Kaepernick-style protest
According to a letter Boyle sent to administrators earlier this month, amid the Colin Kaepernick protest movement that's spreading through the NFL and into high school athletics, "Failure to demonstrate appropriate respect, will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses."

Boyle oversees a network of 37 schools, including nine high schools, where the First Amendment rights of students and faculty are unapologetically trampled.

"We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests is not a guaranteed right," Boyle wrote in a letter first published by Philly.com.

The Diocese of Camden did not respond to a request for comment.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:37 pm

UncleBob wrote:Diocese of Camden warns students of suspensions if they perform Colin Kaepernick-style protest
According to a letter Boyle sent to administrators earlier this month, amid the Colin Kaepernick protest movement that's spreading through the NFL and into high school athletics, "Failure to demonstrate appropriate respect, will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses."

Boyle oversees a network of 37 schools, including nine high schools, where the First Amendment rights of students and faculty are unapologetically trampled.

"We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests is not a guaranteed right," Boyle wrote in a letter first published by Philly.com.

The Diocese of Camden did not respond to a request for comment.
The fine art of making a rod for one's own back. Show the protesters just how much their protest gets under your skin.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Indiana man accused of mailing dead skunks, raccoon to rival for job
"It's my understanding that Mr. Tarrants decided to create some false information about the gentleman who did get the job, accused him of child molestation, mailed a couple of dead skunks, mailed a raccoon," Murphy said.
Useless fact: I know who this guy is. He used to own a couple of buildings that are down the street from me.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Cleon wrote:Indiana man accused of mailing dead skunks, raccoon to rival for job
"It's my understanding that Mr. Tarrants decided to create some false information about the gentleman who did get the job, accused him of child molestation, mailed a couple of dead skunks, mailed a raccoon," Murphy said.
Useless fact: I know who this guy is. He used to own a couple of buildings that are down the street from me.
Interesting idea.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:30 am

+JMJ+

Glenn Beck: The alt-right is truly terrifying
(CNN)—Nationally syndicated radio host Glenn Beck said Tuesday that the alt-right movement is "truly terrifying," adding that while leading Breitbart News, Stephen Bannon gave a voice to white nationalists.

"He has given a voice and power to that group of people," Beck told Anderson Cooper on "AC360." "You don't empower people like that. You just don't. It's not smart."

[…]

Beck refused to say whether Donald Trump should rescind Bannon's appointment as the chief strategist and senior counselor within his administration.

"We have to have a discussion aside from politics about this small group of people and how this European and really pro-Russian nationalism is seeping into our country," Beck said.

Beck believes the majority of Trump voters are not part of the alt-right movement, but says "they are being influenced without knowing it." …
———————————————————————————————————————

Glenn Beck: Americans Are Racist If They Let Stephen Bannon Into the White House
Conservative pundit Glenn Beck has made no secret of his contempt for Stephen Bannon, and he says Americans need to wake up and realize what the man represents.

[…]

Speaking on TheBlaze TV Monday night, Beck said that if Americans acquiesce to letting Bannon into the White House, “then we are racist.”

[…]

“When people really understand what the alt-right is, this neo-nationalist, neo-Nazi, white supremacy idea that Bannon is pushing hard,” Beck said Monday night. “It’s — I hope they wake up because, if not, we are racist. If that’s what we accept and we know it, then we are racist. I contend people don’t know what the alt-right is yet.”

Beck also speculated that if it came down between Bannon and RNC Chair Reince Priebus, who was named White House Chief of Staff, Priebus would be ousted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutKddIV_u4

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:17 am

If I recall, it is Glenn Beck himself who is sometimes represented as a "numb nut" by the authors of this thread.

We should keep an eye on Steve Bannon, but I don't think we should allow such speckle-flecked nutties and Bannon-panic to distract us from the real work ahead.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:32 am

+JMJ+

Glenn Beck and Samantha Bee Bond Over Their Fear and Loathing of Trump
TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck interviewed Full Frontal host Samantha Bee on his show Thursday as the first part in an effort between the rightwing talker and the leftwing comedian to find common ground.

[…]

Beck and Bee — both vociferous critics of President-elect Donald Trump from the right and the left, respectively — bonded over their mutual distress at the election outcome, the dangers of “fake news,” and their desire to “stand up for people who are imperiled” now that Trump won.

While they both conceded that there are “many things” they don’t agree on, Bee said, “It’s okay with us to agree with each other on some things. I feel like there’s a shared humanity, right?”

[…]

“No man should have so much power that he can reach into your life and change our culture and change everything,” he said.

“I guess fundamentally I don’t really trust anyone,” Bee replied, saying that she doesn’t see presidents as “messianic figures.”

[…]

Beck suggested that the Bill of Rights is the one thing “they could unite on.”

[…]

Beck said that when the time comes, the left and the right will have to “stand on common principles.”

[…]

“And you feel that way now about Donald Trump. So do I,” Beck said and Bee agreed. “You kind of lost faith in, ‘Crap, it’s not just the president, it’s the people around me too. I don’t understand how they’re disconnecting from truth. They’re just accepting it.’”

[…]

“We’re going to spend some more time together,” Beck said, getting back to their collaborative project. “I’m doing something for your show. And then we’re going to spend some time on Facebook.”

“It’s going to be delightful,” Bee said. …

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 am

+JMJ+

Full Frontal promos tease Samantha Bee's Glenn Beck interview
A year ago, few could’ve predicted conservative personality Glenn Beck would appear for an interview on Full Frontal With Samantha Bee. But two new video teasers prove that’s exactly what’s happening on the next episode of the TBS series — and ugly Christmas sweaters will be involved.

“I do appreciate that you’re speaking to us,” Bee asks in the first clip. “Why are you speaking us?” Glenn responds, “I’m asking myself that same question.” In the second, she describes the interview as “two media figures eyeing each other suspiciously in Christmas sweaters.”

The interview will air on this Monday’s installment of Full Frontal With Samantha Bee, airing at 10:30 p.m. ET. Watch the promos above and below. …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmb0PKEGC_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qPkwqmpko

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 am

Cleon wrote:Indiana man accused of mailing dead skunks, raccoon to rival for job
I wonder why he didn't get picked for the job. :huh: <redacted_emoji> Sounds like someone had pretty good instincts.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 pm

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 am

+JMJ+

'Woke' Glenn Beck Was a Lie
This winter, Glenn Beck took a wee, tentative sip of sanity, and found it surprisingly refreshing. He gave an interview to the New Yorker talking about how bad he felt for “freaking out about Barack Obama.” He told the Atlantic he regretted his role in the rise of Trumpism: “I’ll not only take my share of blame, I’ll take extra.” But that has evidently gotten boring, because Beck is now dragging back out his Conspiracy Chalkboard to claim the Women’s March was backed by George Soros and Islamic extremists. There he is.

[…]

Here’s Glenn:
“I’m afraid tomorrow I have to go back to my chalkboard,” Beck said. “We’ve been working on it this weekend. We’re going to give you some of the connections, we’re going to talk to the woman who wrote that article for The New York Times about the connections to George Soros and to radical Islam and have a talk with her. Tomorrow I’m bringing the chalkboard in because the connections are there and if you want to call me a conspiracy theorist again, you can; I’m not going to accuse anybody of anything, I’m just going to point out the facts because somebody has to and perhaps someone in the media will listen.”
Beck is deriving his theory from this very odd piece that appeared in Women in the World, a strange little site that lives on the New York Times’ webpage but isn’t editorially controlled by the newspaper. The piece, by a former Wall Street Journal reporter named Asra Nomani, basically suggests that the march was orchestrated by Soros, because his foundation donated money to some of the partner organizations. In other words, it implies that the march is some kind of sinister front for Soros, an all-purpose liberal boogeyman for right-wing conspiracy theorists. …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVsFu1Tlrs

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 am

Kansas man admits robbing Kansas bank to escape wife
An FBI agent says Ripple had argued with his wife earlier and told her in writing he'd "rather be in jail than at home."
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Peter Thiel Gains New Zealand Citizenship as Tech Elites Prep for Doomsday
Today, The New Zealand Herald is reporting that Peter Thiel has citizenship in New Zealand, a fact previously unknown to most in Silicon Valley. The revelation only came after the newspaper started to investigate a 477-acre property that Thiel had purchased in the country in 2015. The newspaper had inquired about why Thiel hadn’t gotten official approval to buy the property under foreign ownership laws. The paper was told that Thiel didn’t need it because he was a citizen.

Thiel, a billionaire who currently serves on President Donald Trump’s transition team, isn’t the only mega rich businessperson staking out a claim in New Zealand. According to The New Zealand Herald, people from outside the country bought up roughly 1,350 square miles of New Zealand property in the first ten months of 2016. The paper says that’s over four times as much as the same period in 2010.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:49 am

+JMJ+

Is Rachel Maddow Becoming a Liberal Glenn Beck? So It Seems.
When Rachel Maddow finished a 26-minute monologue that spanned two segments on her MSNBC program last Thursday night, her grave tones indicated that she thought she’d just delivered a whale of a story. But actually it was more like minnow — and a specious one at that.

Convoluted and labored, Maddow’s narrative tried to make major hay out of a report from Moscow that a high-ranking Russian intelligence official had been dragged out of a meeting, arrested and charged with treason. Weirdly, Maddow kept presenting that barebones story as verification that Russia’s President Vladimir Putin had directly ordered the hacking and release of Democratic campaign emails in order to get Donald Trump elected president.

It was a free-associating performance worthy of Glenn Beck at a whiteboard. Maddow swirled together an array of facts, possible facts, dubious assertions and pure speculation to arrive at conclusions that were based on little more than her zeal to portray Trump as a tool of the Kremlin. Even when sober, Joe McCarthy never did it better.

We might dismiss her performance as just another bit of stagecraft on “MSDNC,” but Maddow was in sync with widespread fear-mongering by pundits and Democratic Party loyalists who think they’re picking some low-hanging fruit to throw at Trump. But what they’re doing is poisonous — and extremely dangerous. …

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:16 pm

When Rachel Maddow finished a 26-minute monologue . . . Convoluted and labored
It's what she does.
She talks like the sort of professor whose course I would have dropped after the first class.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:20 pm

wosbald wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:49 am
+JMJ+

Is Rachel Maddow Becoming a Liberal Glenn Beck? So It Seems.
When Rachel Maddow finished a 26-minute monologue that spanned two segments on her MSNBC program last Thursday night, her grave tones indicated that she thought she’d just delivered a whale of a story. But actually it was more like minnow — and a specious one at that.

Convoluted and labored, Maddow’s narrative tried to make major hay out of a report from Moscow that a high-ranking Russian intelligence official had been dragged out of a meeting, arrested and charged with treason. Weirdly, Maddow kept presenting that barebones story as verification that Russia’s President Vladimir Putin had directly ordered the hacking and release of Democratic campaign emails in order to get Donald Trump elected president.

It was a free-associating performance worthy of Glenn Beck at a whiteboard. Maddow swirled together an array of facts, possible facts, dubious assertions and pure speculation to arrive at conclusions that were based on little more than her zeal to portray Trump as a tool of the Kremlin. Even when sober, Joe McCarthy never did it better.

We might dismiss her performance as just another bit of stagecraft on “MSDNC,” but Maddow was in sync with widespread fear-mongering by pundits and Democratic Party loyalists who think they’re picking some low-hanging fruit to throw at Trump. But what they’re doing is poisonous — and extremely dangerous. …
That's all we need. More crazy.

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:46 pm

infi-

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:34 pm

“These battle-hardened warriors are known for their martial prowess – but wearing the skins of dead animals doesn't take any skill.

Draping them in what looks to be a replica of a dead animal sends the message that wearing fur is acceptable – when, in fact, it has no more place in 2017 than it would in the year 40,000.
Oh boy. Maybe they should drape themselves in the skins of their enemies.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:04 am

+JMJ+

Far Right Think Tank Claims 'Mary Poppins' Is Communist Propaganda

… Earlier this month, prominent right-wing think tank the Fraser Institute published a piece entitled "Mary Poppins — song, dance and latent socialism."

In the piece, writer Jonathan Fortier suggests that the film promotes an anti-establishment message. "Some may remember the film for its magic, fantasy, song and dance," he says. "But I was struck by the film's latent socialist ideas and its implied attack on bankers and investment."

He continues:

Collectivism was not just political fashion, but heralded as the solution to a future of classless prosperity and financial stability. With the propaganda pushed by Russia and China, and the widespread infiltration of the Comintern throughout Europe and North America, communism increasingly came to be favoured by artists, writers and filmmakers. The criticism of the bankers and the celebration of the dancing chimney sweeps in Mary Poppins should be seen against this ideological background.

Del

Post by Del » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:45 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 pm
+JMJ+

Imagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSDfVRGI54
This is why the topic of this thread is plural,right?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4