Numbnuts in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Numbnuts in the News

Post by UncleBob » Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Behind Trump’s ‘prime the pump’ gaffe is a bunch of real news
President Trump birthed a meme in an interview published Thursday morning when he claimed to have coined the phrase “prime the pump.”
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sun May 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Protesters light torches at Lee Park to protest statue removal
A large group of protesters gathered at Lee Park on Saturday night to stand against the decision to remove Confederate monuments from Charlottesville.

Our media partners at the Daily Progress report the protesters were carrying torches, even chanting "You will not replace us," "Russia is our friend," and "Blood and soil."

After about 10 minutes, Charlottesville police arrived at the scene following an altercation between protesters.

In a statement, Charlottesville mayor Mike Signer said, "This event involving torches at night in Lee Park was either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK."

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:26 am

No, Congressman, There's No Evidence of an Ancient Mars Civilization
In case you were wondering, there's no evidence that Mars hosted an alien civilization thousands of years ago.

Nonetheless, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., asked a panel of planetary scientists to speculate about this possibility today (July 18), during a hearing of the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Science, Space and Technology's Space Subcommittee.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:26 am
No, Congressman, There's No Evidence of an Ancient Mars Civilization
In case you were wondering, there's no evidence that Mars hosted an alien civilization thousands of years ago.

Nonetheless, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., asked a panel of planetary scientists to speculate about this possibility today (July 18), during a hearing of the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Science, Space and Technology's Space Subcommittee.
:facepalm:
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 am

I'm beginning to understand Thunks desire to GTFO of California.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cliff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 am

There are so many that I can not keep track anymore. :(
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 am
Yes. Too bad he's already infected and can't be allowed out.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

wosbald
What's the funny part?
What's the funny part?

Post by wosbald » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 am
FredS wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 am
Yes. Too bad he's already infected and can't be allowed out.
The Eagles wrote:You can check out anytime you like any time you like, but you can never leave ...
Edward Abbey wrote:There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California.
Don DeLillo wrote:California deserves whatever it gets. Californians invented the concept of life-style. This alone warrants their doom.
My mother-in-law lived in L.A. We used to visit her there to assist with her care when she came to need it. After a while we moved her to Colorado. People thought we brought her here for her health. Truth is, we brought her here for ours.

I said that
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 am

Noooooooooooo

J.R.R. Tolkien

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:03 am

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:41 am

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 am

An Orange County social media stunt has bicyclists on edge
Tony Petros has seen a lot as a cyclist and former Newport Beach city councilman.

But he’s not likely to forget a recent Wednesday evening ride on Pacific Coast Highway by Mariner’s Mile, when a pickup truck jumped from the leftmost lane and toward his bicycle.

“Young kids started screaming (‘butt dart’) at me,” Petros said. “They kept doing it, and it wasn’t funny.”

The “butt dart” stunt — an act of pointing a finger gun, making a shooting noise and yelling at cyclists — has gained traction recently on social media. As silly as the act may seem, Orange County cyclists say it has them intimidated.