The Fly Tying Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: The Fly Tying Thread

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

DP - Beautiful flys and pipes

Fred - you get a pass for now due to all your stuff is in a box and a couple of state lines away. I am going to look up the flys you mentioned. I have a ton of projects for the weekend, but I promised myself I would make time to get a couple of "Stripped Gear's" wet flys tied...I'll post when I get some wrapped up.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Everyone is gone to church tonight so it’s time for Leo Kotke, tobacco, bourbon, and some time at the desk.

Hare’s Ear Flashback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sola Deo Gloria

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:36 pm
Everyone is gone to church tonight so it’s time for Leo Kotke, tobacco, bourbon, and some time at the desk.

Hare’s Ear Flashback

Beauteous!
And deadly.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Hare’s Ear Flashback

Beauteous!
And deadly.
Nice. The proportions are just right.

I've caught more fish and more kinds of fish on a GRHE than any other fly. I carry a bunch of them, with and without bead heads.

Have you gone 'old school' and bought a hares mask yet. We all took up fly fishing for it's (apparent) simplicity, and there's nothing simpler than sitting down to tie a fly with a spool of thread, a hares mask, a pheasant tail, and some copper wire scavenged from a lamp cord.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe