"That Ain't Right".... in The News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Meet the 'Poo Bomber': A woman who shoplifts then defecates in the store before leaving
her lawyer wrote: “My client has a mental illness and has quite clearly fallen through the cracks of the mental health support available in the community”
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 pm

+JMJ+

Pigs rescued from fire later served as sausage to firefighters who rescued them

A British farmer thanked firefighters who rescued a litter of piglets and two sows from a barn fire in February by giving them sausages made out of the animals, according to local reports.

Farmer Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire station with sausages from the pigs they rescued six months ago when a barn on her farm in England caught fire, the BBC reported.

[…]

The Pewsey fire station shared photos of the sausages, which have since been deleted, and thanked Rivers for the meat, according to the BBC. …

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm

wosbald wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 pm
+JMJ+

Pigs rescued from fire later served as sausage to firefighters who rescued them

A British farmer thanked firefighters who rescued a litter of piglets and two sows from a barn fire in February by giving them sausages made out of the animals, according to local reports.

Farmer Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire station with sausages from the pigs they rescued six months ago when a barn on her farm in England caught fire, the BBC reported.

[…]

The Pewsey fire station shared photos of the sausages, which have since been deleted, and thanked Rivers for the meat, according to the BBC. …
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:35 am

First they came for your plastic bags. Now it’s straws, and they’re starting in Seattle
The next target of an environmentalist group is in every fast-food restaurant in America, right next to the soda fountain: the (usually) paper-wrapped disposable plastic straw.

...the group wants us to give up the ubiquitous plastic-straw dispenser for other options, among them disposable-but-biodegradable paper straws, reusable metal ones and drinking materials with built-in straws.

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Soy sauce makes dead squid "dance"
Videos of food tend to be a bit boring. Carefully constructed photographs usually do the dishes justice. Unless of course the food you are about to eat begins to come to life and practically dance its way off your plate!
Oh...make sure you watch the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQmOR_QLfQ

Sanchez
Salted Nutmeats of Upper Cornholeshire
Salted Nutmeats of Upper Cornholeshire

Post by Sanchez » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:11 am

For I am a poor and a wretched boy:
A chimbley, chimbley sweep.

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am

+JMJ+

‘Uncontacted’ Amazon Tribe Members Are Reported Killed in Brazil
Members of an uncontacted tribe in Brazil in 2008. Indigenous groups in the Amazon are under increasing threat. Credit: Funai/Associated Press

SÃO PAULO, Brazil — They were members of an uncontacted tribe gathering eggs along the river in a remote part of the Amazon. Then, it appears, they had the bad luck of running into gold miners.

Now, federal prosecutors in Brazil have opened an investigation into the reported massacre of about 10 members of the tribe, the latest evidence that threats to endangered indigenous groups are on the rise in the country.

The Brazilian agency on indigenous affairs, Funai, said it had lodged a complaint with the prosecutor’s office in the state of Amazonas after the gold miners went to a bar in a near the border with Colombia, and bragged about the killings. They brandished a hand-carved paddle that they said had come from the tribe, the agency said.

“It was crude bar talk,” said Leila Silvia Burger Sotto-Maior, Funai’s coordinator for uncontacted and recently contacted tribes. “They even bragged about cutting up the bodies and throwing them in the river.”

The miners, she said, claimed that “they had to kill them or be killed.” …

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:35 am

+JMJ=

How the Elderly Lose Their Rights

Guardians can sell the assets and control the lives of senior citizens without their consent—and reap a profit from it.

… That weekend, she [the Norths’ daughter, Julie Belshe] called her parents several times. She also called two hospitals to see if they had been in an accident. She called their landlord, too, and he agreed to visit the house. He reported that there were no signs of them. She told her husband, “I think someone kidnapped my parents.”

On the Tuesday after Labor Day, she drove to the house again and found a note taped to the door: “In case of emergency, contact guardian April Parks.” Belshe dialled the number. Parks, who had a brisk, girlish way of speaking, told Belshe that her parents had been taken to Lakeview Terrace, an assisted-living facility in Boulder City, nine miles from the Arizona border. She assured Belshe that the staff there would take care of all their needs.

“You can’t just walk into somebody’s home and take them!” Belshe told her.

Parks responded calmly, “It’s legal. It’s legal.”

Guardianship derives from the state’s parens patriae power, its duty to act as a parent for those considered too vulnerable to care for themselves. “The King shall have the custody of the lands of natural fools, taking the profits of them without waste or destruction, and shall find them their necessaries,” reads the English statute De Prerogative Regis, from 1324. The law was imported to the colonies—guardianship is still controlled by state, not federal, law—and has remained largely intact for the past eight hundred years. It establishes a relationship between ward and guardian that is rooted in trust. …

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Everything and everybody is ghey these days. If any one of you have a "shave-off" with your friends, just give up about baking the cake, because you are the cake.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 pm
Everything and everybody is ghey these days. If any one of you have a "shave-off" with your friends, just give up about baking the cake, because you are the cake.
That's meta, man.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
Did you read the article? A suggestion was made that one could "have a shave off" with ones friends. Ghey. Ghey. Really, really ghey.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
Did you read the article? A suggestion was made that one could "have a shave off" with ones friends. Ghey. Ghey. Really, really ghey.
Hmm... I did read the article but failed to apply that connotation.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:39 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
Ah, not "gay." I said "ghey."

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
I bet whoever wrote this wears man rompers too:
You can also get together with a group of your friends and have a ‘shave it off’ day with them. Sometimes it’s easier to take the plunge into a new look with friends, so get all of your beardiest friends together and terrify their wives or husbands, or make them gleeful by finally getting rid of that old face rug.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:29 pm

:dancingpie:
infidel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
You can also get together with a group of your friends and have a ‘shave it off’ day with them. Sometimes it’s easier to take the plunge into a new look with friends, so get all of your beardiest friends together and terrify their wives or husbands, or make them gleeful by finally getting rid of that old face rug.
Don't know about the man rompers, but he certainly afvocates romping with men.

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:29 pm
:dancingpie:
infidel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
That's meta, man.
Don't know about the man rompers, but he certainly afvocates romping with men.
:rotfl:
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson