"That Ain't Right".... in The News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:51 pm

JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I hear tell it was a nice place before Bob got there it his liberal college ways and modern ideas.

I say that you should descend on his house with pitchforks and lighted torches.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32073
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by UncleBob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I hear tell it was a nice place before Bob got there it his liberal college ways and modern ideas.

I say that you should descend on his house with pitchforks and lighted torches.
Nothing in Austin surprises me any more.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 pm

UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I hear tell it was a nice place before Bob got there it his liberal college ways and modern ideas.

I say that you should descend on his house with pitchforks and lighted torches.
Nothing in Austin surprises me any more.
Forgive me, but I think cowboys and Indians would be an excuse for a fight these days. Especially as youth mixed with alcohol is a mess to begin with, let alone Indian youth mixed with alcohol.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32073
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by UncleBob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:13 pm

hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I hear tell it was a nice place before Bob got there it his liberal college ways and modern ideas.

I say that you should descend on his house with pitchforks and lighted torches.
Nothing in Austin surprises me any more.
Forgive me, but I think cowboys and Indians would be an excuse for a fight these days. Especially as youth mixed with alcohol is a mess to begin with, let alone Indian youth mixed with alcohol.
There aren't any cowboys or Indians in Austin; there are only hipsters, panhandlers, bureaucrats, and Lutherans left.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:31 pm

UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I hear tell it was a nice place before Bob got there it his liberal college ways and modern ideas.

I say that you should descend on his house with pitchforks and lighted torches.
Nothing in Austin surprises me any more.
Forgive me, but I think cowboys and Indians would be an excuse for a fight these days. Especially as youth mixed with alcohol is a mess to begin with, let alone Indian youth mixed with alcohol.
There aren't any cowboys or Indians in Austin; there are only hipsters, panhandlers, bureaucrats, and Lutherans left.
I'll take the panhandlers, bereaucrats, and Lutherans.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Rusty » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:11 pm

JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liaisons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem. They're not going to ask you to take off your costume. Or you could just cross dress.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive. Ok there are a bunch of progressive liberals in Austen that would prefer you refrain from denigrating other cultures.
Last edited by Rusty on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:19 pm

Rusty wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liasons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive.
For the record, it's still ridiculous.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Rusty wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liaisons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem. They're not going to ask you to take off your costume. Or you could just cross dress.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive. Ok there are a bunch of progressive liberals in Austen that would prefer you refrain from denigrating other cultures.
I'm telling you, boys, everytime ol Rus gets himself a female avatar, hijinks arise.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 20855
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Ad Orientem

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Thunktank » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Rusty wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liasons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive.
For the record, it's still ridiculous.
Yes it is. The micromanaging, thought policing and so on by mandate is all ridiculous. I hate what this country acts like. It reminds me of anti beard laws in Turkmenistan.

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Rusty » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liaisons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem. They're not going to ask you to take off your costume. Or you could just cross dress.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive. Ok there are a bunch of progressive liberals in Austen that would prefer you refrain from denigrating other cultures.
I'm telling you, boys, everytime ol Rus gets himself a female avatar, hijinks arise.
But it feels so slinky! Ooooh.
I'm just providing context and translation for the Austin liberal talk, because I know that nobody reads all the documents. We wouldn't want the Texans proudly & persistently violating a nonexistent rule.
Y'see this is one of good benefits of going as a werewolf. Nobody ever prohibits them and you can bite the rule makers.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

This may not be the right place for this, but can anybody explain why the 'Safe Place' sign has a picture of a white guy groping a black woman?

Image
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24873
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Rusty » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Sir Moose wrote:This may not be the right place for this, but can anybody explain why the 'Safe Place' sign has a picture of a white guy groping a black woman?

Image
JimVH could probably provide a wonderful update. But it's basically for youth (12-17) at risk or in crisis that need help. A network of places all over America that are trained to help them. So "Safe Places". I suppose it could be interpreted as an alternative to shooting black youth. That particular sign was replaced in 2012. But you should think of it as a hug rather than what you were thinking.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19692
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by JimVH » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sir Moose wrote:This may not be the right place for this, but can anybody explain why the 'Safe Place' sign has a picture of a white guy groping a black woman?

Image
JimVH could probably provide a wonderful update. But it's basically for youth (12-17) at risk or in crisis that need help. A network of places all over America that are trained to help them. So "Safe Places". I suppose it could be interpreted as an alternative to shooting black youth. That particular sign was replaced in 2012. But you should think of it as a hug rather than what you were thinking.
It's a sign pervs put in their window to trick troubled kids into coming to their house.

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7779
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:28 pm

JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
Now I have an excuse to buy a new hat...not that I need a new hat or an excuse, but they never hurt.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 17816
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by wosbald » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:47 am

+JMJ+

Cuckolding fetish relationships: Men wanting partners to sleep with other men reaches new high
A self-confessed cuckold has revealed how he gives his wife 'points' based on the sexual acts she carries out with other men - one of the thousands of males turned on by one of society's most taboo subjects.

The fetish of cuckolding - where men allow other men to have sexual relationships with their wives - is on the rise.

The cause of the rise isn't clear, but psychologists have suggested everything from repressed male bisexuality to men being proud of their wives’ liberated sexuality. …




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Nordstrom's $85 leather-wrapped rock sold out online
An $85 leather-wrapped stone -- yes, you read that right -- has sold out at Nordstrom's online store after going viral on social media. A smaller version, sensibly priced at $65 for the budget-conscious rock lover, is also out of stock.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7779
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by mont974x4 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Sir Moose wrote:Nordstrom's $85 leather-wrapped rock sold out online
An $85 leather-wrapped stone -- yes, you read that right -- has sold out at Nordstrom's online store after going viral on social media. A smaller version, sensibly priced at $65 for the budget-conscious rock lover, is also out of stock.
S and M pet rocks?
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re:

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Sir Moose wrote:Nordstrom's $85 leather-wrapped rock sold out online
An $85 leather-wrapped stone -- yes, you read that right -- has sold out at Nordstrom's online store after going viral on social media. A smaller version, sensibly priced at $65 for the budget-conscious rock lover, is also out of stock.
S and M pet rocks?
How you use it is up to you.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14328
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 pm

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Cuckolding fetish relationships: Men wanting partners to sleep with other men reaches new high
A self-confessed cuckold has revealed how he gives his wife 'points' based on the sexual acts she carries out with other men - one of the thousands of males turned on by one of society's most taboo subjects.

The fetish of cuckolding - where men allow other men to have sexual relationships with their wives - is on the rise.

The cause of the rise isn't clear, but psychologists have suggested everything from repressed male bisexuality to men being proud of their wives’ liberated sexuality. …
Wos, dear? What news sites are you reading when you think nobody is watching?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
philofumo
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: NW Georgia, USA

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by philofumo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
JimVH wrote:The University of Texas Bans Cowboy Hats Because of "Offensive Stereotypes"

That's right, you heard it here first: Cowboy hats are racist.

http://www.iamatexan.com/2016/10/31/uni ... ign=buffer
I think this is people unclear on the concept. And you guys are falling for it. They're talking about costumes for Halloween parties on campus. Just costumes. Note that cowboy boots are fine, so are cowboy belts, shirts, etc. No explicit prohibition there. They didn't even prohibit a western saddle or a horse. I would have guessed that bringing a horse might be awkward. But no. Go ahead. In fact cowboy hats are not prohibited either. It's cowboys and indians (esp squaws) that are prohibited as a costume for a pair for Halloween party. This is like a spin 2 situation. But Indian dress is not prohibited either. I'll bet you could get away with British Raja & Sari clad women (multiple). Or Cowboys and Aliens. Now that's pretty good. And they're likely not prohibiting healthy liaisons developing between folks dressed as cowboys and folks dressed as indians. That's a scattering problem. They're not going to ask you to take off your costume. Or you could just cross dress.

Have a drink. You're all crazy sensitive. Ok there are a bunch of progressive liberals in Austen that would prefer you refrain from denigrating other cultures.
I'm telling you, boys, everytime ol Rus gets himself a female avatar, hijinks arise.
Laffing loudly out loud,
I wail'd merrily.

The skull,
izzit Lucy?

"Lucy" acquired her name from the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles, which was played loudly and repeatedly in the expedition camp all evening after the excavation team's first day of work on the recovery site. After public announcement of the discovery, Lucy captured much public interest, becoming a household name at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)


If only everyone could be diamonds in the sky with Lucy,
like Charlie,
we'd all be free beings into the future of good fortune.

= )

...I'm givin' 'er all she's got Cap'n !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Ar79f8aN8

Austin Texas,
I love the joint.

Butthole Surfers.

Big Boys.

Stars of the Lid.

College towns are always fun,
youth is wasted on the young & et cetera.

:mermaid:
Mermaid.

Made mere.

Post Reply