"That Ain't Right".... in The News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Re: "That Ain't Right".... in The News

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:07 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 am
wosbald wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:00 am
+JMJ+
Wassup up wit dis self-hating Protestant Hostility toward Capitalism?
… With Washington bent on destroying our economy by constant intervention and regulation, we need more voices supporting the Biblical view of economics – laissez-faire capitalism. Instead, Protestants are attacking it.

[…]

Other than Scripture, a good place to start for [Robert] Sanders and other critics [of Capitalism] is to read Freedom and Capitalism, by John Robbins. Laissez faire capitalism, a republican form of government with limited powers, private property rights, and freedom for individuals to pursue their talents under the umbrella of Christian ethics (i.e., the 10 Commandments), following the preaching and widespread acceptance of the Gospel, are what is necessary to carry out God’s dominion mandate and bring prosperity to people in all nations of the world. Capitalism without both Christian ethics and politics is impossible.

Income Inequality is Good
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:07 pm
UncleBob wrote:
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
… With Washington bent on destroying our economy by constant intervention and regulation, we need more voices supporting the Biblical view of economics – laissez-faire capitalism. Instead, Protestants are attacking it.

[…]

Other than Scripture, a good place to start for [Robert] Sanders and other critics [of Capitalism] is to read Freedom and Capitalism, by John Robbins. Laissez faire capitalism, a republican form of government with limited powers, private property rights, and freedom for individuals to pursue their talents under the umbrella of Christian ethics (i.e., the 10 Commandments), following the preaching and widespread acceptance of the Gospel, are what is necessary to carry out God’s dominion mandate and bring prosperity to people in all nations of the world. Capitalism without both Christian ethics and politics is impossible.

Get the poors!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:50 pm

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 am

+JMJ+
Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:07 pm
UncleBob wrote:
wosbald wrote:

[…]

That entire vid translates to "Look around you. Thank you, Capitalism". Unfortunately, the authors don't seem to realize what a double-edged sword that really is.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:11 am

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:04 pm

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:58 am

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 am

I think you put this in the wrong thread. Might I suggest "Cool in the News"? Salad and Go is awesome. I'd love to try most of the others. McDonald's et al are dinosaurs and need to go extinct.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 am

infidel wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 am
I think you put this in the wrong thread. Might I suggest "Cool in the News"? Salad and Go is awesome. I'd love to try most of the others. McDonald's et al are dinosaurs and need to go extinct.
Could go either way until I saw that veggie burger. The sealed it: It ain't right.

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 am
infidel wrote:
Could go either way until I saw that veggie burger. The sealed it: It ain't right.
Wuss :box:

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:28 pm

infidel wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 am
infidel wrote:
Wuss :box:
Hey! You want to eat bean curds then go for it! It ain't a burger, though.

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm

How much pee is in our swimming pools?
over a three-week period they calculated that swimmers had released 75 litres of urine – enough to fill a medium-sized dustbin – into a large pool (about 830,000 litres, one-third the size of an Olympic pool) and 30 litres into a second pool, around half the size of the first.
I was tempted to go with "Canada in the News," since the testing was done in Canada, but I know that it's not just a Canadian problem.

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm
over a three-week period they calculated that swimmers had released 75 litres of urine – enough to fill a medium-sized dustbin – into a large pool (about 830,000 litres, one-third the size of an Olympic pool) and 30 litres into a second pool, around half the size of the first.
I was tempted to go with "Canada in the News," since the testing was done in Canada, but I know that it's not just a Canadian problem.
Oh hell, that's still drinking water quality. The chlorine is worse than that. Do the calculation.
You and my pool-boy are a little squeamish for nothing. It's when they pee on the hot sauna rocks that you should complain.

You wouldn't believe what is in natural pristine lakes.
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Rusty wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Oh hell, that's still drinking water quality. The chlorine is worse than that. Do the calculation.
You and my pool-boy are a little squeamish for nothing. It's when they pee on the hot sauna rocks that you should complain.

You mean our Rocky Mountain spring water?

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:42 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm
Sir Moose wrote:

You mean our Rocky Mountain spring water?

Nope. That's not a problem either. But beaver fever is awful. It's the heavy metals, pollutants, other agricultural and industrial byproducts. It depends where the lake is. Urine isn't a problem in the tiny amounts that these squeamish folks measure. Urine is 95% water, and the rest is salts and some organic material. It's not a problem. If you even suggest that you can tell when a pregnant woman has been in the pool they will flock to your pool. Make sure you get your heart checked before doing this. #funformenstuff
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:37 pm
http://nypost.com/2017/03/08/new-case-o ... cumcision/

What the hell is this?
That ain't right.

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:24 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 pm
hugodrax wrote:

What the hell is this?
That ain't right.
8O

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 am

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 am

infidel wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 am
hugodrax wrote:

What the hell is this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_mila ... suction.29
Yes, yes. But wow. And why would you lift the ban after what had happened before?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.