Anyone trying to lose some weight?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Anyone trying to lose some weight?

Post by revspipes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:13 pm

I have lost 45lbs since I started and 21 in last six weeks. I am in the best shape since I was a pro fighter. I am using the ketogenic diet, doing ten rounds on the bags four times a week, lifting 3-4 times a week and doing lots of Jiu Jitsu.

I will post before and after a when I am at the computer. My goal is six pack by Christmas. Probably means getting down to 195.

Would love to help others with their fitness goals

rev

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Anyone trying to lose some weight?

Post by JimVH » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm sixty pounds down from my heaviest, 25 down recently. No real plan. Focused on lean proteins, veggies, and modest amounts of fruit. I walk a lot and try hard to just stay busy and avoid the couch.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by revspipes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 pm

revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by revspipes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm

JimVH wrote:I'm sixty pounds down from my heaviest, 25 down recently. No real plan. Focused on lean proteins, veggies, and modest amounts of fruit. I walk a lot and try hard to just stay busy and avoid the couch.
Good job buddy

rev

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm down 22lbs since the spring. I got H1N1. That's all. Don't know if I really recommend it, but it worked for me.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Ether
Usher
Usher

Post by Ether » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:35 pm

I don't want to hit the gym, but I have to lose some weight. My wife got pregnant, I got chubby. She gave birth, I didn't. :bacon:

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm nowhere near the ugly I once was, but this has not been a good year for me. Still forty pounds lighter than my worst ever, but that's no consolation when you know what that worst ever number was. The Missus and I decided yesterday (not kidding at all, it was actually yesterday) to make a difference in our eating habits and exercise. I tried the kickboxing thing (I think you and I talked about that last year, Rev) and ended up with an injury that basically knocked me off the caring train. Back on board as of today. What a great thread to find on the leaderboard this afternoon.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JimVH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:37 pm

revspipes wrote:Image
I mean this from the heart, rev: You're a badass. I'd be happy to look like that at any age.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:28 pm

I walk 3 miles a day but still can't lose weight due to my meds. They presribed other meds for my ADHD and its supposed to help people lose weight. As ID says, "We shall see."
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm down 30 since June... Doing low carb/keto diet and working out 4 nights/ week. I'd like to lose 12-15 more. Also would like to build my running mileage back up.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:49 pm

I am down 50 from my heaviest (2 yrs ago).
I am down 40 since I started trying in September of 2015 using the low carb diet, but I plateaued this spring and have not lost any weight since.
I think exercise is calling, but I am allowing all those calls to go to my voice mail.

15 lbs more would get me comfortably into all of my old suits.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:46 pm

I have dropped 15 in the last couple months. Been trying to be as low carb as I can and I quit the energy drinks I was sucking down every day.

Got another 50 to go before I am back to high school weight.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Funny, but my recent inactivity has resulted in a loss of weight from reduced muscle mass.

I trained hard and played serious soccer through college and kept working out and playing at various levels after graduation through my 40s. I worked and played outdoors through my 50s and into my early to mid-60s. Weight gain has never been an issue for me.

What I worry about is dropping down another 10 or 15 pounds before I can work out again and then trying to rebuild muscle mass in my 70s, which is (as I understand it) difficult.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:23 pm

I've been slowly recomposing myself over the last year and a half with 30 min to 1hr of strength training in morning 3-4x week and cardiovascular training for 30 min to 1hr in evening 3-4x week with my wife. Eating lots of protein 6x a day. Whey powder from ON is my freind that helps me get in the high protein. Eggs whites too. I'm down around my college weight, but look better and feel better. My wife and I ran our first 5k together last month. It's nice to be able to bust out a bunch of pull ups in front of my wife. When I first started I could barely manage one or two. Funny this should come up this week since I'm slacking because of workload.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:22 pm

I used to lift heavy things. One of the best ways to deal with rage IMO
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

I'm what some CPS'ers have called "Worse than advertised"

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Cleon wrote:I've been slowly recomposing myself over the last year and a half with 30 min to 1hr of strength training in morning 3-4x week and cardiovascular training for 30 min to 1hr in evening 3-4x week with my wife. Eating lots of protein 6x a day. Whey powder from ON is my freind that helps me get in the high protein. Eggs whites too. I'm down around my college weight, but look better and feel better. My wife and I ran our first 5k together last month. It's nice to be able to bust out a bunch of pull ups in front of my wife. When I first started I could barely manage one or two. Funny this should come up this week since I'm slacking because of workload.
Do you do cargos at the gym?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

I'm what some CPS'ers have called "Worse than advertised"

revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by revspipes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Can't help but notice only rev posted pics

rev

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 pm

I would like to build some muscle mass. I am 5' 6" and 57 years old. I weigh 165, about 15 more than I did in High School. weight training is out for now, swollen disc in my lower back. Also I am hypoglycemic so don't have weight problems. Need to get out and walk though, but after working on Cummins diesels and the trucks they reside in all day, I'm pooped. I would like to get to 200 lbs, but I guess I will have to get surgery before I can even attempt any lifting.

edm
In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:59 pm

The stomach virus has hit the school. I do not recommend it as a means to loose weight.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

TheImpudent
Congregation
Congregation

Post by TheImpudent » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:07 pm

coco wrote:The stomach virus has hit the school. I do not recommend it as a means to loose weight.
Ahem.