Anyone trying to lose some weight?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Re: Anyone trying to lose some weight?

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Skip wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:21 pm
Can we back-date to May? :wink:
2015?
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:53 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:34 pm
Skip wrote:
2015?
Nope. This year. I was at or near lifetime peak in May. My second shooter got a pic of me at a wedding and when I saw it I freaked. Total motivation.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 pm

I put on 10 lbs. Up to 165.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm

So, greatest percentage of total body weight lost wins. Entry fee is a sealed tin or greater smoking item. Winner takes all and we all send our contribution to them at the end. In the case of a tie, the winners split the take according to their own gentlemanly agreement.

Rules:
- based on nekked body weight;
- starting weight is posted on day one by posting a photo of your scale results (not the nekked);
- weigh-ins are due every Sunday by 10pm central by posting a photo of your scale results;

Input needed:
Start date
End date
What else?

Let's stop talking and start doing.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 am

JimVH wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm
So, greatest percentage of total body weight lost wins. Entry fee is a sealed tin or greater smoking item. Winner takes all and we all send our contribution to them at the end. In the case of a tie, the winners split the take according to their own gentlemanly agreement.

Rules:
- starting weight is posted on day one by posting a photo of your scale results (not the nekked);
- weigh-ins are due every Sunday by 10pm central by posting a photo of your scale results;

Input needed:
Start date
End date
What else?

I'm in. But I am flying out to the bush daybreak tomorrow (Monday our time) and won't be back until next Monday. So, won't be able to post while I'm away.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JimVH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:23 am

JMG wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 am
JimVH wrote:

Rules:

Input needed:
Start date
End date
What else?

I'm in. But I am flying out to the bush daybreak tomorrow (Monday our time) and won't be back until next Monday. So, won't be able to post while I'm away.
That falls under our special Jungle Savings Time (JST) rule. I'll bet we can make it work.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am

Skip wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:53 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Skip wrote:
2015?
Nope. This year. I was at or near lifetime peak in May. My second shooter got a pic of me at a wedding and when I saw it I freaked. Total motivation.
Nah, that was for me. I started trying to lose in September of 2015, so May of 2015 would not have been my peak weight, but within 10 lbs of it. From September 2015 to February of 2015, I lost 40 and then plateaued. Then I moved and have continued to struggle to lose any more and in fact have put 10-15 back on depending upon which week I weigh.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:34 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am
Skip wrote:
JudgeRusty wrote:
Skip wrote:
2015?
Nah, that was for me. I started trying to lose in September of 2015, so May of 2015 would not have been my peak weight, but within 10 lbs of it. From September 2015 to February of 2015, I lost 40 and then plateaued. Then I moved and have continued to struggle to lose any more and in fact have put 10-15 back on depending upon which week I weigh.
Having dieted before with no results other than frustration and a growling stomach, I knew I needed to try something different. I went low-carb and definitely found what works for me.

I lost thirty through September, put back on almost ten, actually lost weight while at Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival (all that walking, I suppose), and as of this morning I’m back up to twenty-nine lost from peak. Feels good. But it’s gonna feel better.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:21 am

JimVH wrote:

Rules:

Input needed:
Start date
End date
What else?

Start date ASAP.
End date - I think we should do this quarterly. We'll be the leanest forum on the internet next to howmuchyouliftbro.net.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I've lost 18 lbs in the last 8 weeks. 25 more to go.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm starting from today. I'll weigh myself this evening and post the numbers. I won't take a pic of the scale in the interest of propriety.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Skip wrote:
JudgeRusty wrote:
Skip wrote:
2015?
I remember that. That was the time of the pipe show.

I was feeling a bit self-conscious myself about having put on some weight after I quit tracking with Weight Watchers. So I guess I was noticing the other guys more than I would normally care. And it occurred to me that The Skipper also seemed to be more present that usual.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:14 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 pm
I'm down 22lbs since the spring. I got H1N1. That's all. Don't know if I really recommend it, but it worked for me.
Well a year later and I'm back to where I was :( A month ago I was actually the heaviest I've ever been, but I'm down 9 lbs again. I'll join you guys. I weigh myself in the morning first thing usually, so will post tomorrow.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 pm
Skip wrote:
JudgeRusty wrote:
Skip wrote:
2015?
I remember that. That was the time of the pipe show.

I was feeling a bit self-conscious myself about having put on some weight after I quit tracking with Weight Watchers. So I guess I was noticing the other guys more than I would normally care. And it occurred to me that The Skipper also seemed to be more present that usual.
As much as I'd like to rip you a new one, you're right. 237. No more.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Does knowing I should lose weight count as trying to lose some weight? Can I pay one of you to lose it for me while I sit over here eating Fritos?

I will freely admit that this is one area where I have very little self-control. I will be happy to offer encouragement to those of you who are sincerely trying, but if I were to try to participate, I would just be giving away the entry fee.

Bon manque d'appétit.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Auroraboy
Usher
Usher

Post by Auroraboy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

I was up to 226 lbs by mid-summer 2017, heaviest I've ever been. Rather than continuing to sweat gravy and hate what I saw in the mirror, I joined my wife on Weight Watchers, which has worked for me so far-- currently down to 198 lbs, and continuing on to my goal of 185, close to my weight in my 20's.

I feel much better-- hard to describe other than that-- and it feels good to have my clothes fit more loosely.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

I should be able to lose a pound or two if I shave my feet!

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am

When we finished cleaning up everything in the gym where our church is temporarily housed, I took a run and jump to see if I could even get off the ground. I actually grabbed net. Further motivation.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am

Skip wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am
When we finished cleaning up everything in the gym where our church is temporarily housed, I took a run and jump to see if I could even get off the ground. I actually grabbed net. Further motivation.
?

Nice.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:56 am

John-Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am
Skip wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am
?

Nice.
Ha. Ha. Ha.