MLB 2017

Anything and everything... except the youth room... or what belongs in the Purgatory Forum
User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 18630
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

MLB 2017

Post by FredS » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm

I received notification that my MLB Gameday Audio was auto-renewed today. It's 70 degrees in KC right now. Woo Hoo! Baseball!
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

User avatar
Rumblebuffin580
Usher
Usher
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Rumblebuffin580 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that's an incredible bargain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 31154
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm
I received notification that my MLB Gameday Audio was auto-renewed today. It's 70 degrees in KC right now. Woo Hoo! Baseball!
+me
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 3399
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm
I received notification that my MLB Gameday Audio was auto-renewed today. It's 70 degrees in KC right now. Woo Hoo! Baseball!
I was also auto renewed for mlb.com. I am able to watch all games except Padre and Diamondback games. Though I live over 110 miles from Phx, and 220 miles from San Diego they think I should be able to watch these games on TV?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19229
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 pm

I wish I took as much joy from baseball as you folks. I truly do.
Image

User avatar
Rumblebuffin580
Usher
Usher
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Rumblebuffin580 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 am

I only do the audio subscription. In the spring/summer/fall I'll have a pipe and listen to my Yankees play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 3399
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Goose55 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:44 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 pm
I wish I took as much joy from baseball as you folks. I truly do.
If my team is playing well, I am interested, because with baseball, there's a game everyday. And that's great! But if my team is awful, it's a long summer.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 18630
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: MLB 2017

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:21 am

Rumblebuffin580 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that's an incredible bargain.
Perhaps. I, for one, consider it a ripoff to have to pay $20 to listen to what is essentially an am radio broadcast. My local Royals affiliate station streams their typical sports talk broadcasts on the net, but they can't stream MLB games or KU men's collage basketball games that they broadcast over the air.

It also bugs me that this wiz-bang mini supercomputer that I carry around in my pocket (aka iphone) doesn't have an am receiver so I can listen to radio broadcasts. There are plenty of apps out there, but they tune in to internet streams not actual radio broadcasts.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

User avatar
Jester
Usher
Usher
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Jester » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:28 am

My 2017 prediction. Royals World Series Champs.
So Trump is right that this is a witch hunt. And he’s right that there’s no underlying crime, at least based on the evidence we’ve seen. The big problem is that Trump insisted on putting on a witch’s hat and dancing around the fire shouting incantations while maintaining, correctly, that witches aren’t real. -Ben Shapiro

Free healthcare is a right? Free healthcare doesn't exist! -Andrew Klavan

User avatar
tuttle
Gonna eat small
Gonna eat small
Posts: 11751
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by tuttle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 am

Jester wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:28 am
My 2017 prediction. Royals World Series Champs.
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song

User avatar
TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One
Posts: 11682
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Holland MI.
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by TwoXseveN » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 am

Go TIGERS!

Our owner just died and our new GM hasn't made a single move to improve the team.
World Series bound!
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

User avatar
Rumblebuffin580
Usher
Usher
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: RE: Re: MLB 2017

Post by Rumblebuffin580 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:37 pm

FredS wrote:
Rumblebuffin580 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that's an incredible bargain.
Perhaps. I, for one, consider it a ripoff to have to pay $20 to listen to what is essentially an am radio broadcast. My local Royals affiliate station streams their typical sports talk broadcasts on the net, but they can't stream MLB games or KU men's collage basketball games that they broadcast over the air.

It also bugs me that this wiz-bang mini supercomputer that I carry around in my pocket (aka iphone) doesn't have an am receiver so I can listen to radio broadcasts. There are plenty of apps out there, but they tune in to internet streams not actual radio broadcasts.
Totally get why you feel that way. For someone like me who is way out of the Yankees local market it's likely a better deal.

I know there are several am tuner apps available but they are likely to run into the same content restrictions. My old HTC actually had a built in tuner that would pick up local radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 18630
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: RE: Re: MLB 2017

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Rumblebuffin580 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:37 pm
FredS wrote:
Rumblebuffin580 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that's an incredible bargain.
Perhaps. I, for one, consider it a ripoff to have to pay $20 to listen to what is essentially an am radio broadcast. My local Royals affiliate station streams their typical sports talk broadcasts on the net, but they can't stream MLB games or KU men's collage basketball games that they broadcast over the air.

It also bugs me that this wiz-bang mini supercomputer that I carry around in my pocket (aka iphone) doesn't have an am receiver so I can listen to radio broadcasts. There are plenty of apps out there, but they tune in to internet streams not actual radio broadcasts.
Totally get why you feel that way. For someone like me who is way out of the Yankees local market it's likely a better deal.

I know there are several am tuner apps available but they are likely to run into the same content restrictions. My old HTC actually had a built in tuner that would pick up local radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
In the grand scheme of things, $20 to be able to listen to the broadcast of a couple thousand baseball games isn't bad. It's just mildly irksome that I can listen to the radio in my shop for free, but have to pay to listen to it on the net in my office. Two or three years ago I went to three different thrift stores in town and couldn't find a single small am radio or even a (working) clock radio that I could pick up cheap.

I'll add one more rant about MLB Gameday. It's ridiculous that Goose pays for the video service yet home games of his two 'local' teams are blacked out. You pay for the service! That payment should open every game to your viewing.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 18630
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: MLB 2017

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 pm
I wish I took as much joy from baseball as you folks. I truly do.
Image
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 10839
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: RE: Re: MLB 2017

Post by Gabriel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:03 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm
I'll add one more rant about MLB Gameday. It's ridiculous that Goose pays for the video service yet home games of his two 'local' teams are blacked out. You pay for the service! That payment should open every game to your viewing.
Seriously. I was considering it a few years ago. We didn't have directv at the the time and the only reason I really wanted it was for baseball. I worked in a steel shop, so a.m. signal was impossible to pick up. If I was going to pay for it, I might as well buy the video package, right? No. I could watch any game I wanted, as long as it wasn't in St. Louis. Uh... right...

Another complaint about gameday. I had been a subscriber for several years before I finally started using a smartphone. Cool, I thought, I can now listen to my gameday audio on my phone while I'm in the garage or out back where the radio signal sucks. No. You have to buy a separate package to use it on a mobile device. Seriously.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 10839
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Gabriel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Not that any of it matters... The Cards are going through starting pitchers so fast that by the time season starts we'll have Mike Matheny out there on the mound.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
tuttle
Gonna eat small
Gonna eat small
Posts: 11751
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: MLB 2017

Post by tuttle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:03 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm
I'll add one more rant about MLB Gameday. It's ridiculous that Goose pays for the video service yet home games of his two 'local' teams are blacked out. You pay for the service! That payment should open every game to your viewing.
Seriously. I was considering it a few years ago. We didn't have directv at the the time and the only reason I really wanted it was for baseball. I worked in a steel shop, so a.m. signal was impossible to pick up. If I was going to pay for it, I might as well buy the video package, right? No. I could watch any game I wanted, as long as it wasn't in St. Louis. Uh... right...

Another complaint about gameday. I had been a subscriber for several years before I finally started using a smartphone. Cool, I thought, I can now listen to my gameday audio on my phone while I'm in the garage or out back where the radio signal sucks. No. You have to buy a separate package to use it on a mobile device. Seriously.
Having T-Mobile last year I was able to get a free year of MLB Gameday. Because of the blackout rule...I never used it.

EDIT: Whoops. I didn't mean Gameday. I meant MLB At Bat, which includes MLB TV
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13387
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Cleon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am

Anybody see where MLB changed the intentional walk rule? All it takes is a signal to the dugout and the runner takes first. No plate action has to be taken on the part of the pitcher, catcher, or batter. What about a the potential of a passed ball/balk/wild pitch on an intentional walk? What about the potential for the batter to take a swing and make contact? What about stealing a base on a walk? All gone, I suppose.

Dumbasses.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
tuttle
Gonna eat small
Gonna eat small
Posts: 11751
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by tuttle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am

Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am
Anybody see where MLB changed the intentional walk rule? All it takes is a signal to the dugout and the runner takes first. No plate action has to be taken on the part of the pitcher, catcher, or batter. What about a the potential of a passed ball/balk/wild pitch on an intentional walk? What about the potential for the batter to take a swing and make contact? What about stealing a base on a walk? All gone, I suppose.

Dumbasses.
It is certainly stupid. And does it really cut that much time out of the game? But, if I'm given the choice between automatic walk vs start a man on 2nd base in extra innings (this was legitimately considered), then give me auto walk any day.
"You're my kind of stupid" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

The Reformation Drinking Song

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13387
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Cleon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am
Anybody see where MLB changed the intentional walk rule? All it takes is a signal to the dugout and the runner takes first. No plate action has to be taken on the part of the pitcher, catcher, or batter. What about a the potential of a passed ball/balk/wild pitch on an intentional walk? What about the potential for the batter to take a swing and make contact? What about stealing a base on a walk? All gone, I suppose.

Dumbasses.
It is certainly stupid. And does it really cut that much time out of the game? But, if I'm given the choice between automatic walk vs start a man on 2nd base in extra innings (this was legitimately considered), then give me auto walk any day.
Let's not get into the lesser of two evils thing. I've had enough of that lately. :D

Next thing you know, they will do away with the home run trot and just clear the bases and post the runs on the scoreboard.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jocose, Roadmaster and 2 guests