North Korea

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Re: North Korea

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm
This sad situation in N. Korea, with this dictator Kim in many ways is very similar to the Saddam Husein/ Iraq conflict. With the exception of the religion infighting of Iraq. People living in fear, but brainwashed with propaganda.
It is sad. It's almost like N Korea is part of an axis of evil. Who could have imagined?
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

TheImpudent just gave me a wedgie. » John-Boy

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:47 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm
This sad situation in N. Korea, with this dictator Kim in many ways is very similar to the Saddam Husein/ Iraq conflict. With the exception of the religion infighting of Iraq. People living in fear, but brainwashed with propaganda.
It might not be about the folks in N. Korea. It wasn't about the folks in Iraq either. He's packing weapons of mass destruction and he says your aircraft carrier is an ideal target and a candy ass. Wave nicely to the wacko dictator.
The last time an American president even suspected WMD (and it was real reach) it was a big deal. They rolled.

So?
I have sometimes thought that a balance of power, with every Nation having nuclear arms would be a check--a fail safe--against any of them actually ever using them. Case in point: The U.S. & Russia. But with religious fanatical Iran, and places like North Korea, such folk don't seem level headed enough to have such catastrophic weapons. They are like little children. Problem is, they do not at all like to be viewed as children.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 am

So China is now urging restraint from both sides. Oh Lord.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:27 am

Onyx wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 am
This dance of diplomacy is probably what it will take to resolve the situation.

It looks like a strategy of Good Cop/Bad Cop.

China and America have been allies for decades.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am

Onyx wrote:
What are those cool purple tubes that replace stars under your title?
"We're taking orders via Twitter now?" .... At the Pentagon

Oh Hillary... You abandon us to this?

Andrei Sakharov & Edward Teller - Evidence that they actually met

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am

Del wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:27 am
Onyx wrote:

Yep, and like RM, they like B52 flybys esp. in South China Sea.
Take another sip of that Koolaid. Their client @$$hole is getting bellicose again.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:58 am

Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am
Onyx wrote:
What are those cool purple tubes that replace stars under your title?
Darth Onyx has light sabers.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am

Oh, that makes more sense. I was wondering why he had lipstick.
#JeSuisCharlieGard

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am

Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

Take another sip of that Koolaid. Their client @$$hole is getting bellicose again.
I didn't say that I like it. I'm just saying that this looks to be the international strategy. China is amassing troops on the North Korean border, as well.

We already tried saying, "Please don't develop nuclear missiles. Here are some $billions to show how sincere we are." The Previous Occupant even allied with the US media to keep very quiet about North Korea, so as to make the problem go away. The Nobel committee doesn't just give those Peace Prizes away, you know.

So now we have to deal the world as it is. North Korea is performing ballistic missile tests and underground nuclear detonations.

If Canada has any fresh ideas on how to persuade the Glorious Leader to curb his regime, we would all love to hear it.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am
Oh, that makes more sense. I was wondering why he had lipstick.
I thought they were mascara applicators, until I figured it out.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:03 am

Del wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

I didn't say that I like it. I'm just saying that this looks to be the international strategy. China is amassing troops on the North Korean border, as well.

We already tried saying, "Please don't develop nuclear missiles. Here are some $billions to show how sincere we are." The Previous Occupant even allied with the US media to keep very quiet about North Korea, so as to make the problem go away. The Nobel committee doesn't just give those Peace Prizes away, you know.

So now we have to deal the world as it is. North Korea is performing ballistic missile tests and underground nuclear detonations.

If Canada has any fresh ideas on how to persuade the Glorious Leader to curb his regime, we would all love to hear it.
Yeah, Russia is moving troops and aircraft east too, and they appear to know which direction is east.

We suggest more navigational coordination between the WH and US Naval Battle Groups so that the battle group actually sails north rather than south after the WH announces that they are sailing north. USPS exhibits the same sort of confusion with international parcel routing. Also you might spend more elementary school effort on geography.

US Aircraft Carrier, tasked to Sea of Japan, sailing in wrong direction

It's humorous when it's not our parcels being misrouted.
Last edited by Rusty on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:40 am

Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:03 am
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

Yeah, Russia is moving troops and aircraft east too, and they appear to know which direction is east.

We suggest more navigational coordination between the WH and US Naval Battle Groups so that the battle group actually sails north rather than south after the WH announces that they are sailing north. USPS exhibits the same sort of confusion with international parcel routing. Also you might spend more elementary school effort on geography.

So basically, you are like the rest of the arm-chair generals around here and in the media: No idea what we ought to be doing, just goofing about what is being done.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

Del wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:40 am
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

So basically, you are like the rest of the arm-chair generals around here and in the media: No idea what we ought to be doing, just goofing about what is being done.
You asked for Canadian suggestions and now you question our suggestion. And we always start with fundamentals. If the fundamentals are working then you work on other more advanced stuff like threatening N. Korea by actually showing up nearby. This is your neighbour country talking to you. We're not making up these embarrassing things. We've experienced these crazy navigation & misrouting problems. And seeing this same problem occurring with a naval battle group suggests that it's much more widespread than we at first thought.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am

Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

You asked for Canadian suggestions and now you question our suggestion. And we always start with fundamentals. If the fundamentals are working then you work on other more advanced stuff like threatening N. Korea by actually showing up nearby. This is your neighbour country talking to you. We're not making up these embarrassing things. We've experienced these crazy navigation & misrouting problems. And seeing this same problem occurring with battle group suggests that it's much more widespread than we at first thought.
You are just being silly.

Mr. Trump threatens to send an armada with aircraft carriers to the vicinity of North Korea. That is a solid threat.

Meanwhile... diplomacy with Russia & China demand finesse concerning the timing of arrival.

The aircraft carrier has not being mis-routed like your package of pipe tobacco.

I don't know what the best course of action should be. I do not have satellite intel and negotiations with foreign allies to consider. All I know is that the situation is much too dangerous for me to find giggles in media snarks' reporting, "Ha ha! The aircraft carrier is sailing the wrong way. Trump is so dumb!"

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am

Del wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

You asked for Canadian suggestions and now you question our suggestion. And we always start with fundamentals. If the fundamentals are working then you work on other more advanced stuff like threatening N. Korea by actually showing up nearby. This is your neighbour country talking to you. We're not making up these embarrassing things. We've experienced these crazy navigation & misrouting problems. And seeing this same problem occurring with battle group suggests that it's much more widespread than we at first thought.

Mr. Trump threatens to send an armada with aircraft carriers to the vicinity of North Korea. That is a solid threat.

Meanwhile... diplomacy with Russia & China demand finesse concerning the timing of arrival.

The aircraft carrier has not being mis-routed like your package of pipe tobacco.

I don't know what the best course of action should be. I do not have satellite intel and negotiations with foreign allies to consider. All I know is that the situation is much too dangerous for me to find giggles in media snarks' reporting, "Ha ha! The aircraft carrier is sailing the wrong way. Trump is so dumb!"
I didn't say anything about Trump. For all I know he may actually know which way is north. I didn't criticize the US media either. Many of us that are not American have teased Americans about their command of geography for years. But there are many parts of the US Gov, including USPS and now apparently the Navy too, that are geography-challenged. When 1/4 of parcels, addressed to me in Canada over one year time period, are misrouted by the USPS NY ISC to other continents you have to wonder whether they know where Canada is. And American vendors see this too and they acknowledge that it happens a lot, and they apologize for USPS. Canadians will not help America become great again by buying from the US if America cannot fulfill the orders because you're geography challenged. Take this seriously. Trump has told the world he wants access to the Canadian dairy market and he wants Canadians and Mexicans buying more American stuff. You guys can't find your a$$ with both hands!

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 am

Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Onyx wrote:

I didn't say anything about Trump. For all I know he may actually know which way is north. I didn't criticize the US media either. Many of us that are not American have teased Americans about their command of geography for years. But there are many parts of the US Gov, including USPS and now apparently the Navy too, that are geography-challenged. When 1/4 of parcels, addressed to me in Canada over one year time period, are misrouted by the USPS NY ISC to other continents you have to wonder whether they know where Canada is. And American vendors see this too and they acknowledge that it happens a lot, and they apologize for USPS. Canadians will not help America become great again by buying from the US if America cannot fulfill the orders because you're geography challenged. Take this seriously. Trump has told the world he wants access to the Canadian dairy market and he wants Canadians and Mexicans buying more American stuff. You guys can't find your a$$ with both hands!
The article that you linked -- from the New York Times -- paints a very vivid picture of how badly the military and the Trump Administration have gotten their messages confused. Typical of the New York Times, of course. They don't care if there is war or peace, as long as they can make Trump look bad at it.

Meanwhile, Canada is in dire need of more cheese from Wisconsin. It's great with a pipe! And you need more American tobacco, too.

Meanwhile, it seems that an army of government bureaucrats weren't able to fix our schools so that kids can learn history, geography, or how to read a book. Sorry about that. Mr. Trump is trying to fix this, too. He has this novel idea of giving parents more authority over the education their own children.

I hope it works. He has not yet figured out that we may first have to restore the concept of "marriage" in order to have "parents."

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Del wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 am
Rusty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Del wrote:

The article that you linked -- from the New York Times -- paints a very vivid picture of how badly the military and the Trump Administration have gotten their messages confused. Typical of the New York Times, of course. They don't care if there is war or peace, as long as they can make Trump look bad at it.

Meanwhile, Canada is in dire need of more cheese from Wisconsin. It's great with a pipe! And you need more American tobacco, too.

Meanwhile, it seems that an army of government bureaucrats weren't able to fix our schools so that kids can learn history, geography, or how to read a book. Sorry about that. Mr. Trump is trying to fix this, too. He has this novel idea of giving parents more authority over the education their own children.

I hope it works. He has not yet figured out that we may first have to restore the concept of "marriage" in order to have "parents."
Del, please start incorporating the need for geography training for Americans along with your messages concerning abortion etc. I want to see it routinely mentioned with every other assertion you make. Why not include it in your forum signature line too?

We have plenty of cheese, thanks. You guys have a surplus because you have no supply management. I think it's possible that this is a symptom of geography maladroitness too, ie you're vague on who are the buyers, where they are, are and how much they buy. Adding us to the list of buyers isn't going to help. Surely you can see this. Even if we were buyers we'd never see product. You'd probably ship it to Australia or Columbia.

There is speculation that because WI is so close to Ontario that our dairy products are possibly indistinguishable or could be made to look that way. So that rather WI entering our dairy market we'd actually be infiltrating the American market. When you are geographically challenged you are vulnerable.
Last edited by Rusty on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Please refer to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea by its official name, thank you.

Sir Moose

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:10 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Please refer to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea by its official name, thank you.
Do you mean 조선민주주의인민공화국 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國 or is Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk okay?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.