R's D's I's Come Together Today

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

R's D's I's Come Together Today

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 am

Would it be nice if it lasted?

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: R's D's I's Come Together Today

Post by FredS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm

They should make a play date every month. As I said in the thread about the importance of play, it's difficult to hate someone you play and pray with.

How many generously foolish deeds have CPS'ers done for one another other simply because we're friends? My family is constantly amazed what this group of internet friends do only because one is in a position to help another. No strings. Just friends being friends.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

If the political leaders would display some leadership together -- perhaps break into prime time television on all networks -- and stand together against the violence.

Bernie Sanders is a classy guy. He would stand on a stage with President Trump and call for peaceful cooperation, how Americans should be an example for the world.

Where is Obama? Why have we not heard from him? Maybe he has a good reason for keeping quiet in the heat of the crisis.... Obama reached out privately today to some Republican legislators. It would admirable if he would participate in a joint plea for peaceful democracy.

I pray for peace and an end to political violence.

And I pray for this act of leadership from our elected leaders.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 pm

President Trump and Del could have made mention of the fact the shooter in DC was a Bernie Supporter in a bad way but they didn't. As a Bernie Supporter and an American I salute both of them for it.

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 am

I thought it was a CPS meetup when I read the title :(
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image