Quesadillas

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Re: Quesadillas

Post by Thunktank » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Does anyone here actually make their own tortillas? Corn or flower, doesn't matter, but quesadillas have cheese. Lots of cheese. Tacos don't come with shredded cheese or cream cheese. Just sayin.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55 pm
Does anyone here actually make their own tortillas? Corn or flower, doesn't matter, but quesadillas have cheese. Lots of cheese. Tacos don't come with shredded cheese or cream cheese. Just sayin.
I make my own flour tortillas, and they are decent, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 pm
Thunktank wrote:
I make my own flour tortillas, and they are decent, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
Are you using the right kind of flour? It tastes better when one uses flour specifically made for tortillas.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am

Thunktank wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
Are you using the right kind of flour? It tastes better when one uses flour specifically made for tortillas.
They taste even better when they're made by the fat Mexican lady and her granddaughters down the street.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am
Thunktank wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
They taste even better when they're made by the fat Mexican lady and her granddaughters down the street.
Went to our favorite Mexican family restaurant last night with Pipeson.
http://gloriasmexicanrestaurant.com

He always orders a quesadilla.

I enjoyed their shrimp ceviche.

Best part is that it was Margarita Thursday -- buy one, get one free!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 am

FredS wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
Great observations, both of you. I've tried all forms of tried and tested ingredients and even sought help from a seasoned vet like Fred mentioned. She winked at me and said gringos just don't have the touch. I think she's right.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:29 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 am
FredS wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
Great observations, both of you. I've tried all forms of tried and tested ingredients and even sought help from a seasoned vet like Fred mentioned. She winked at me and said gringos just don't have the touch. I think she's right.
Well, there's always beer bread!

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:29 am
JimVH wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 am
FredS wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
Well, there's always beer bread!
Problem solved :)

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 pm

My speciality is highland cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, jalapeño, shredded chicken, and habanero BBQ sauce. Put a little olive oil in the skillet before cooking. Crispy, cheesy, and BBQ-ey.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Being from a different tradition, my left over ingredients have either gone into various pastas or hashes. Quesadillas are an interesting alternative.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Perhaps the best thing about quesadillas (other than the sound of the word itself) is that you can load them up with all sorts of things for yourself and make 'plain' ones with just cheese if your kids are picky eaters. Unless the kid is a freak, he'll eat a quesadilla.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm
Perhaps the best thing about quesadillas (other than the sound of the word itself) is that you can load them up with all sorts of things for yourself and make 'plain' ones with just cheese if your kids are picky eaters. Unless the kid is a freak, he'll eat a quesadilla.
This is true. The Boy's favorite is actually Nutella and peanut butter.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Joshoowah wrote:My speciality is highland cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, jalapeño, shredded chicken, and habanero BBQ sauce. Put a little olive oil in the skillet before cooking. Crispy, cheesy, and BBQ-ey.
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis