I'm back!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK

I'm back!

Post by SteveH » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm

I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14306
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by hugodrax » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Welcome back. How's things?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK

Re: I'm back!

Post by SteveH » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Fine, thanks. I've taken up cycling again, and as I have two weeks annual leave next week, I'll be doing lots of rides.
Good news - the Pipe Club of London has found a new home for its third-Saturday meetings, and it's a pub a mere 50-minute bike ride from me, so I no longer have to travel into deepest Essex on two trains and the underground.
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14306
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by hugodrax » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:44 pm

SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 pm
Fine, thanks. I've taken up cycling again, and as I have two weeks annual leave next week, I'll be doing lots of rides.
Good news - the Pipe Club of London has found a new home for its third-Saturday meetings, and it's a pub a mere 50-minute bike ride from me, so I no longer have to travel into deepest Essex on two trains and the underground.
There are only two clubs I wish to visit in London : The Pipe Club and the Handlebar Mustache Club.

Good to hear you're back in the saddle. Riding for beer and pipes is respectable.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: whiddlin en duh feology freds

Re: I'm back!

Post by SockPuppeh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:28 pm

wayt. yu wer gawn?
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 and 2016 !!!

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 17807
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by wosbald » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:14 pm

+JMJ+

Welcome back! :thumbsup:




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10802
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: I'm back!

Post by Onyx » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:35 pm

SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm
I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
I have the opposite problem. I logged on some time ago, and I can't log off for some reason.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 25254
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: I'm back!

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Jesus in a Prius.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19126
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: I'm back!

Post by FredS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm

SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm
I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
Damit. We were quite sure we had you locked out for good. You're a clever one, you are.

Which reminds me - are "Escape Rooms" all the rage over there like they are here? A group of 6-10 is locked in a room and presented with a series of puzzles to solve in order to gain their escape.

Which reminds me - are quesadillas a thing there? It's like a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19608
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 am

SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm
I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
这种难以言语不。是从。一个人 是否意味着 一次我。这种事情 一定之规 我会在一起的 在于 在线内增高单鞋撞色包边。你也来为我 我会 你们一起
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

User avatar
SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK

Re: I'm back!

Post by SteveH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:44 pm
SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 pm
Fine, thanks. I've taken up cycling again, and as I have two weeks annual leave next week, I'll be doing lots of rides.
Good news - the Pipe Club of London has found a new home for its third-Saturday meetings, and it's a pub a mere 50-minute bike ride from me, so I no longer have to travel into deepest Essex on two trains and the underground.
There are only two clubs I wish to visit in London : The Pipe Club and the Handlebar Mustache Club.

Good to hear you're back in the saddle. Riding for beer and pipes is respectable.
I think we have two members - maybe more - who are also membersw of the handlebar club. The two clubs used to have an annual darts match, but I don't think that's happened during my time (I joined in 2011).
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by Cleon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 am

Welcome back.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Posts: 12509
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:21 am

Cleon wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 am
Welcome back.

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10454
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: I'm back!

Post by A_Morley » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 am

His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 35482
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: I'm back!

Post by Del » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am

BOING! BOING!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 24870
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: I'm back!

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 am

SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm
I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
Good to see you posting again. New pipes? New tobaccos?
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

Image

User avatar
SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK

Re: I'm back!

Post by SteveH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:07 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm
SteveH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm
I got logged out some time ago, and couldn't log in again for some reason, but I've just succeeded at last!
Damit. We were quite sure we had you locked out for good. You're a clever one, you are.

Which reminds me - are "Escape Rooms" all the rage over there like they are here? A group of 6-10 is locked in a room and presented with a series of puzzles to solve in order to gain their escape.

Which reminds me - are quesadillas a thing there? It's like a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich.
I've never heard of either Escape Rooms or Quesadillas, but I'm a clapped-out old fart. Maybe young trendies have heard of them.
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

User avatar
SteveH
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
It's a disgrace. I don't care.
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK

Re: I'm back!

Post by SteveH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:10 pm

I think I might start saying "What-ho".
I don't bother with a Jacuzzi - I just fart in the bath.

Post Reply