110-230V 'Lectrical Help Please

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: 110-230V 'Lectrical Help Please

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Tagging on to this thread. This morning we launched our boat and there was a boat already launched but with a dead battery. The two guys asked if we had jump cables and if we would jump start their boat.
So we pull alongside, connect our side, then handed the cables over. Nothing happened when he hit his key. "You connected correctly?", I asked. Yes, came the reply.
They decided to call it quits, and we took off. Long story short, later I smell sulfur, lift my battery and see acid dripping into the bottom of our boat.
Did he indeed have his side cross-connected? Would that result in a cracked battery? I wouldn't have thought so.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:39 pm

I think it could. I once saw my cousin blow the caps of a battery when he jumped his backwards.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:39 pm
I think it could. I once saw my cousin blow the caps of a battery when he jumped his backwards.
Thanks for that answer. I guess there's a price at times, to be a good Samaritan.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23