NCAA Football 2017

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Re: NCAA Football 2017

Post by Joshoowah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 am
Joshoowah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:37 pm
JudgeRusty wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 am
Truest statement I have heard:
Saban on Sportscenter said if Alabama was the team with a 30 point loss on its record, then there would be no controversy as they would not be allowed in the playoff discussion.
I do not like him, but that is accurate.
I mean, I'm an Alabama fan, but I'd like to think I'm a bit more reasonable than some of my cohorts. With that said, I knew who made the playoff depended on what the committee valued most: winning of conference or quality of wins/losses. That 31 point defeat by a 7-5 Iowa hurt OSU's chances the most, and I knew it would. I'm glad Alabama made it, but I know a lot of folks are upset about it. As a sports guy though, I know that many folks love to hate specific teams (i.e. Lakers, Yankees, Patriots, etc.), and Alabama has been one of those teams for the past few years. It's the nature of the beast, I suppose; I mean, the word "fan" stems from fanatic. I wouldn't have been upset if Auburn beat Georgia and then went on to win the championship because in my mind they still represent the state of Alabama -- I'm a heretic for saying so though.
I thought Roy Moore represents Alabama.
:rotfl:

:no:
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage