Steampunk

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jester
Elder
Elder

Steampunk

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:43 am

Of all of the modern styles out there I think steampunk has got to be the coolest. I was searching yesterday for a massive steampunk wall clock to put in the new bedroom for the wife. The search ended up with me looking for everything that I enjoy in that style. I found some really cool stuff.
Northwoods Humidors sells these 100ct for $150-$200
ImageImage
Most of the pipes I was not impressed with. If they were made out of wood they had metal cogs and chains glued on #lookedlikecrap. Some of the metal ones looked cool but I could taste the rust just looking at them. Here is the best one I found.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Every morning get alone with God and preach his Word into your mind until your heart sings with confidence that you are new and cared for. -John Piper

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Steampunk

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am

Our very own Nate King (N8) made almost all of the pipes that show up when you use the google machine to search for steam punk pipes. The one you posted is, in fact, by N8. A few guys here own pipes from his steam punk line.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jester
Elder
Elder

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am
Our very own Nate King (N8) made almost all of the pipes that show up when you use the google machine to search for steam punk pipes. The one you posted is, in fact, by N8. A few guys here own pipes from his steam punk line.
That is awesome! Does he still come around?

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Every morning get alone with God and preach his Word into your mind until your heart sings with confidence that you are new and cared for. -John Piper

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 am
FredS wrote:
He hasn't posted since Jan '17, but I don't know if he lurks or not. I'd guess he does not. He's a full time pipe maker and most artisans in this internet age spend all their online time answering email and checking in on the big three social platforms.

Do you know about the Greater Kansas City Pipe Clubs Pipe Show this weekend? N8 has been there the last few years. I've not talked to him lately so I don't know if he's coming over this year or not.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

If we can persuade Skip to post some portraits of the Nate King Steampunk pipes in his possession, it would be some welcome eye-candy -- for sure!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 am
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:
He hasn't posted since Jan '17, but I don't know if he lurks or not. I'd guess he does not. He's a full time pipe maker and most artisans in this internet age spend all their online time answering email and checking in on the big three social platforms.

Do you know about the Greater Kansas City Pipe Clubs Pipe Show this weekend? N8 has been there the last few years. I've not talked to him lately so I don't know if he's coming over this year or not.
Oh he's going. Scope his FB page. He's got a surprise for everyone, been posting teaser pics and what not.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Jester
Elder
Elder

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:

Oh he's going. Scope his FB page. He's got a surprise for everyone, been posting teaser pics and what not.
I told Tuttle about it. I really want to go but it has come up on me quick. Need to tell the wife today!

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:20 am

DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:

Darn it. For the first time in years, I'm not going to make it.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am

+JMJ+
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

Is that this? …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3zyYqBYEE

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Jester
Elder
Elder

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:12 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am
+JMJ+
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

Is that this? …

Looked on his website. That sold at his last show. If he is doing the KC Show pipe competition the theme is bamboo.

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am

He's entered a really wild take on bamboo for the GKCPC contest.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:00 pm

wosbald wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am
+JMJ+
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

Is that this? …

Maybe. Last years model? Man.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am
If we can persuade Skip to post some portraits of the Nate King Steampunk pipes in his possession, it would be some welcome eye-candy -- for sure!
I googled "steampunk smoking pipe" and both pipes were among the first dozen.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:35 pm

I visited Nate's shop last week. Unless something has changed, he and Premal are driving to the KC pipe show. The levitating pipe and stand had not sold as of my visit. It also has LED lighting. Pretty slick!
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm

FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:

According to his profile, his last login was Feb 19, 2017. But if he uses a hidden login, I don't know if that would show.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:

According to his profile, his last login was Feb 19, 2017. But if he uses a hidden login, I don't know if that would show.
He's been on hootenannies, but most of you guys consider those beneath you, I guess. :twisted:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:

Oh, it shows. Everybody that logs in as hidden is visible to mods and admins. Full many a rage quit has been exposed as garbage as the individual checks in to see if they've been missed.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:12 am

+JMJ+
Image Image Image Image

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

wosbald