RIP Tom Petty

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Re: RIP Tom Petty

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:35 am

Tom Petty had a show on XM Radio that I enjoyed. He played music from his personal record collection.
May he RIP.

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 am

As a musician, you (hopefully) learn to recognize true quality in a player and a group. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers was one of the absolute tightest bands ever. The simpler the music, the harder it is to stay in the groove. Free Fallin' is one of the simplest progressions ever, but crazy tight for the whole 4:16.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:33 am

This one hit me hard. As weird as it may sound, I grew up listening to Tom Petty, and still to do this day hear one of his songs on a daily basis. I almost went and saw him last April, but I ended up having to have surgery. I wish I would have postponed the surgery just a few days in order to go.

Some of the best music I've ever heard.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage