Looking for a recipe

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jared
I await final judgement [sic]
I await final judgement [sic]

Looking for a recipe

Post by Jared » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:22 am

Since I'll be home for the majority of the day next Thursday I was wanting to make a lamb curry. Problem is when I Google it i'i'm inundated with all sorts of recipes and spices and stuff. Was wondering if any of my brothers have any recipes or sources that I can check out since I've never actually made a lamb curry before. Done beef, chicken, pork and even a mushroom curry. Thanks.
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washinton Carver

In Vino Vertias, in Cervesio Felicitas

2014, 2015 & 2016 Winner Most Likely Not To Win An Award

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: Looking for a recipe

Post by Del » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 am

I don't get to play much with lamb, and I am no expert on curries. And nowhere near a chef like you.

When I want to play at Indian cooking, I start with (New Orleans) Chef John Besh's recipe for Curried Anything.
https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/cu ... ing-recipe

Basic recipe you can pretty much beat into anything you like.

Looking this over, I would sub beef broth instead of chicken broth, and maybe select a red curry mix. (The madras is a yellow blend.) Or you could toss in some paprika, if you just want to tweak the color.

If you don't want a heavy coconut note with your lamb, use regular cream instead of the coconut milk.

Sriracha is a decent substitute for the exotic sambal chili paste.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Del

Post by Del » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I made a chicken/eggplant/zuchinni curry tonight, based on John Besh's basic recipe.

Had to adjust the spices a lot. Plenty more butter, curry powder, extra cumin and cinnamon. But sooo good.

I should invite Onyx over for a bite.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Jared wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:22 am
Since I'll be home for the majority of the day next Thursday I was wanting to make a lamb curry. Problem is when I Google it i'i'm inundated with all sorts of recipes and spices and stuff. Was wondering if any of my brothers have any recipes or sources that I can check out since I've never actually made a lamb curry before. Done beef, chicken, pork and even a mushroom curry. Thanks.
You're going to feel really silly if Brigid has an awesome lamb curry recipe and doesn't post it because she's not a brother.

In case you were wondering, I don't actually have anything helpful to contribute, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.