Fed Judge strikes down the Minister Housing tax exemption

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: Fed Judge strikes down the Minister Housing tax exemption

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 am
Goose55 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am
Skip wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm
Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan's son sits on the Board of that Freedom From Religion Foundation. It must not have been a pretty sight watching his father waste away with dementia.
Derpery derpery Derpaliffing von Derpendorff!
How about instead we use, "Stop being a <zederated> Richard!"
How about speaking English, and being direct? Say what you mean and mean what you say.
Actually, they ARE being direct; the "lost in translation" lies with you.

And I still say he's a sock puppet.
Well then, go ahead and say it. I am not privy to who Richard is, nor up to speed on what "zederated" means.
Are you spoiling for a fight, Goose? Do you really, really want a fight? Well, you aren't going to get it.

Stand down and move along.
No fighting on my part. Only self defense here. Self defense. If I don't stand up for moi même, who will?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan's son sits on the Board of that Freedom From Religion Foundation. It must not have been a pretty sight watching his father waste away with dementia.
How about speaking English, and being direct? Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Well then, go ahead and say it. I am not privy to who Richard is, nor up to speed on what "zederated" means.
Are you spoiling for a fight, Goose? Do you really, really want a fight? Well, you aren't going to get it.

No fighting on my part. Only self defense here. Self defense. If I don't stand up for moi même, who will?
Did you note the pirate flag? That's the sign here that a thread is being monitored. It indicates to everyone to calm down.

Thanks for the French, by the way. It made me smile.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Did you note the pirate flag? That's the sign here that a thread is being monitored. It indicates to everyone to calm down.

BTW, what was it about my words (highlighted above) that sounded to you like I wanted a fight? I have since come to know what a "zederated Richard" is, and I take offense to anyone here ever making that kind of remark about me again. I trust that is clear and fully understood.

And as for French, why the secret code language? I mean, really, why not just come out and say "he's a f--king dick," for that is what it means, according to Skip. Using coded language is cowardly and deceitful. Not particularly Christian virtues, there, fellas.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

BTW, what was it about my words (highlighted above) that sounded to you like I wanted a fight? I have since come to know what a "zederated Richard" is, and I take offense to anyone here ever making that kind of remark about me again. I trust that is clear and fully understood.

And as for French, why the secret code language? I mean, really, why not just come out and say "he's a f--king dick," for that is what it means, according to Skip. Using coded language is cowardly and deceitful. Not particularly Christian virtues, there, fellas.

I see you've chosen the "flame out" path. At least make it amusing, would you? The Internet tough guy routine has grown rather stale. We've seen it before. Show some style and make it memorable.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 am

Good grief. We've taken what could have been a perfectly contentious political thread and ruined it.

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 am

As a note-- zederated means that something was redacted. Sometimes we include it ourselves. Zed (is)/was a moderator and he'd put down <zederated> on some removed material. It's a CPS thing-- it has leaked out to facebook upon occasion.

It usually means something similar to what Pa Hillbilly Bear would say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z4pUst-zxs
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:37 am

Rich Corinthian Leather

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 am
Good grief. We've taken what could have been a perfectly contentious political thread and ruined it.

Whoa! FredS unfurls the flag!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 am

wayt

fredsz ulowd to flai du pyrut flag?

ai doan no ubowt alustur but ai upruv
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 and 2016 !!!

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

The secular puritans at the FFRF have lost a different court case, but they keep trying. It's why they exist.

This time, they were suing to prevent the House of Representatives from opening with a prayer.
http://www.lifenews.com/2017/10/12/athe ... in-prayer/
The House of Representatives can continue to open its sessions in prayer, a U.S. District Court ruled Wednesday.

The practice was challenged by Freedom From Religion Foundation Co-President Dan Barker last year after he was told he could not deliver a secular invocation. He sued U.S. House Chaplain Patrick Conroy for “violating his rights” under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and the Constitution. The FFRF filed the lawsuit on the National Day of Prayer.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4